Articles worth reading

BSP's 28-day bill rate rises

account_balanceMetro Manila access_time4 days ago

The rate of the Bangko Sentral ng Pilipinas’ (BSP) 28-day securities increased Friday amid the strong demand for the paper, according to a report by Philippine News Agency. The weighted average rate of the debt paper rose to 1.8109 percent fro...

‘Build, Build, Build’ prepares for future

account_balanceMetro Manila access_time4 days ago

With the Duterte administration entering its final year, the “Build, Build, Build” program continues to deliver its promise of creating infrastructure that improves the lives of Filipinos in the face of the Covid-19 pandemic and other cha...

Muntinlupa News

Muntinlupa mayor protests transfer of Covid-19 prisoners to Bilibid 

account_balanceMuntinlupa News account_circlePaulo Rodriguez chat_bubble_outline0 Comments

Muntinlupa Mayor Jaime Fresnedi opposes the transfer of 18 prisoners at the Correctional Institution for Women (CIW) in Mandaluyong City who tested positive for coronavirus disease (COVID-19) to the New Bilibid Prison (NBP).

Fresnedi said the Bureau of Corrections (BuCor) did not inform the city government when it transferred the prisoners to Muntinlupa.

The city government said the COVID-19 positive prisoners should not have been brought to Muntinlupa at all as it is trying to curb the spread of COVID-19 in the city.

Advertisement

The BuCor announced today that the 18 CIW prisoners and one BuCor medical staff tested positive for the virus after being exposed to a 72-year-old prisoner who was confirmed as being infected with the disease last April 18.

The prisoner was diagnosed with pneumonia, admitted to the Sta. Ana Hospital and later tested positive for COVID-19.

Gabriele Chaclag, head of the BuCor Public Information Office, told the Manila Bulletin last April 18 that the BuCor has designated five buildings inside the NBP medium security camp as isolation areas in case there would be a COVID-19 outbreak among prisoners. The buildings were previously used for livelihood programs of prisoners.

As of April 20, the Muntinlupa City Health Office said there are 121 confirmed COVID-19 cases in the city including 17 deaths and 14 recovered cases. There are also 41 suspect and 189 probable cases in Muntinlupa to date.

The Muntinlupa City government announced that it will isolate all probable and suspect COVID-19 cases in the city.


date_rangeDate Published
1 year ago
shareShare article
folder_openArticle tags
content_copyCategorized under

Share your thoughts with us

Related Articles

Binay slams gov't's uncoordinated policy on the use of face shields

account_balanceMetro Manila chrome_reader_mode6 days ago

Former Vice President Jejomar Binay denounced the Duterte administration's uncoordinated policies on the wearing of face shields as protection against the virus. "Government changed its policy on face shields at least three times in a singl...

Photo Courtesy of Muntinlupa PIO

Muntinlupa malls get safety seal certifications

account_balanceMuntinlupa chrome_reader_mode14 hours ago

Following the launching of Safety Seal Certification Program in Muntinlupa, the local government has granted the seal to major malls and commercial establishments who are compliant with minimum public health standards (MPHS) set by the national gover...

Muntinlupa allows walk-in vaccinees

account_balanceMuntinlupa chrome_reader_mode2 days ago

Muntinlupa City resumed the vaccination of people belonging to the A4 priority group, or essential workers, and is now allowing walk-ins subject to the availability of spare vaccines, according to a report by Manila Bulletin. According to the Muntin...

LGUs asked to implement protocols for inbound travelers 

account_balanceMetro Manila chrome_reader_mode6 days ago

The Inter-Agency Task Force for the Management of Emerging Infectious Diseases (IATF-EID) reminded the local government units (LGUs) to comply with the arrival protocols by the national government, according to a report by Philippine News Agency...

Let's Stay Connected Like us on our Facebook page.
×
Click on the article to continue reading
Quezon City adopts no contact apprehension system Red Cross pushes saliva test Vaccines from COVAX to arrive in Q1 Makati Shangri-La to close doors on Feb. 1 Cities in NCR to start vaccination simultaneously Mother, girlfriend of Filipino infected with UK variant also test positive Send Press Release MNC Facebook Page MNC Twitter Page MNC Instagram Page LGU Spotlight Barangay Front Business Sports Entertainment Metro Gen Metro Feature