TVJ to announce new home on June 7
TV host Tito Sotto on Monday said their camp is currently discussing with a number of networks and may soon announce the new home of the longest-running noontime show “Eat Bulaga," according to a report by CNN Philippines.
“We have yet to decide. We agreed among ourselves that by June 7 we will be ready to announce,” Sotto told CNN Philippines’ The Source.
“If things work out the way we want it to, perhaps at least baka (maybe) the first week of July we would be able to air,” he added.
After almost 44 years, the longest-running noontime variety show went off-air on television since May 31 after its main pillars, Sotto, his brother Vic, and Joey de Leon (TVJ), announced their departure from TAPE Inc., the production company behind the show.
This was immediately followed by the resignation of its other hosts, Jose Manalo, Wally Bayola, Paolo Ballesteros, Allan K., Ryan Agoncillo, Maine Mendoza, and Ryzza Mae Dizon.
Among the reasons Sotto mentioned that were behind their decision were mistrust between hosts and the management, salary issues, plans to replace the old hosts including the so-called TVJ, and plans to discontinue top-rating segments like “Juan for All, All for Juan,” and “Bawal Judgmental.”
Since last week’s announcement, the former senate president said they have received invitations from four to five TV stations, asking to consider them on their possible move to a new network.
He also expressed appreciation for the support they have been receiving.
“After 44 years eh medyo ang pakiramdam namin para kaming binale wala eh so ang feeling namin this time is it’s going to get better,” he said.
CNN Philippines has reached out to TAPE Inc. for its comment on the issue.
Marikina, Philippines - In a heartwarming ceremony, Mr. Arvie Mañaol Mendoza, a resident of Barangay San Roque, Marikina, was lauded for his exceptional academic achievement. Mendoza recently graduated with a Bachelor of Science in Criminology...
The local government of Parañaque City conducted an orientation program for beneficiaries of the Tulong Panghanapbuhay sa mga Disadvantaged/Displaced Workers (TUPAD) Program. The event took place this morning at the San Antonio Valley 5 covere...
President Ferdinand R. Marcos Jr. signed into law on Wednesday the “Trabaho Para sa Bayan Act,” which aims to address unemployment, underemployment, and other challenges in the labor market. The law will focus on improving the employabil...
The Bureau of Immigration (BI) on Friday underscored the need for continuous collaboration with other governments to prevent foreign fugitives from entering and staying in the Philippines, according to a report by Philippine News Agency. “We h...