Meralco extends 'no disconnection' policy until mid-May
Manila Electric Co. (Meralco) said Wednesday it is continuing the suspension of all disconnection activities in its franchise area until May 14, 2021 following the Government’s announcement extending the Modified Enhanced Community Quarantine (MECQ), covering National Capital Region, Bulacan, Cavite, Laguna and Rizal, until mid-May.
“Given the current situation and the extended MECQ, we continue to take into consideration the challenges our customers are facing amid these difficult times. Thus, we will continue to put on hold all disconnection activities until May 14, 2021,” Ferdinand O. Geluz, Meralco FVP and Chief Commercial Officer, said.
He added, “We hope this additional extension will help ease the burden of our customers, while providing the necessary relief and additional time for them to settle their bills.”
Geluz said Meralco will continue to be very considerate during this period and vowed to assist its customers in need of help with their concerns.
Meralco again reiterated that it will continue vital operations such as meter reading, following the order of the Energy Regulatory Commission (ERC), and will also continue to work round the clock to serve its customers.
“Meralco business operations, including meter reading and bill delivery activities, will continue throughout the MECQ. Our continued operations will ensure that actual consumption for the month will be billed accordingly. But rest assured there will be strict implementation of health protocols in order to safeguard the health and safety of both customers and our personnel,” Geluz said.
The ERC, in an advisory last year, encouraged customers who have the ability to pay to settle their bills within the original due date “to help manage the cash flow in the energy supply chain and ensure the continuous supply of electricity."
Meralco likewise encouraged customers to send a personal message (PM) via Facebook Messenger, Twitter or call its 16211 hotline before going to Meralco Business Centers (BCs), which will be on skeleton force, for any inquiries and concerns on billing and payments as a precaution to the rising number of COVID-19 cases. This measure ensures that customers can save time and effort, but more importantly, minimizes any potential and unnecessary exposure to the virus.
Meralco BCs will remain open to accept payments, applications and customer assistance. Business hours will be from 7am to 3pm on skeleton workforce, in compliance to IATF guidelines, from Monday to Friday and 7am to 12pm on Saturdays.
“Meralco crews will also continue to be on standby 24/7 to respond to any emergencies and reports,” Geluz added.
Meralco's customer touchpoints include the Meralco website at www.MERALCO.com.ph, and its social media accounts on twitter @MERALCO, on Facebook at www.facebook.com/MERALCO, and the Meralco Hotline at 16211. Customers can also send emails to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The plans of PBA to open shop this June got a major boost after the IATF issued a go-signal for the league to allow teams to hold full scrimmages in areas under less strict quarantine measures, according to a report by GMA News. Commissioner Willie ...
Quezon City has intensified its contact tracing efforts following the Department of Labor and Employment’s (DOLE) deployment of an additional 1,300 tracers in the city in response to the spike of COVID-19 cases. With the additional contact tra...
Barangay Kabayanan in the city of San Juan celebrated on Monday the feast of its patron saint Sto. Cristo by opening a community pantry to help those who were affected by the imposition of the recent lockdowns in Metro Manila and in the nearby provin...
Do you want to learn more about the challenges and predictions for the gambling industry in the Philippines? Find all answers in this article!