Articles worth reading
Photo courtesy of: MMDA

MMDA to remove obstructions below 3 EDSA flyovers

account_balanceMetro Manila access_time4 days ago

Metropolitan Manila Development Authority (MMDA) Chairman Benhur Abalos inspected the ground level of several flyovers along Epifanio delos Santos Avenue (EDSA). According to Abalos, this is in line with the Agency's drive against urban decay an...

Duterte set to get second dose of Sinopharm vaccine

account_balanceMetro Manila access_time4 days ago

President Rodrigo Duterte is set to receive his second dose of the coronavirus disease 2019 (Covid-19) vaccine developed by China’s state-owned pharmaceutical firm Sinopharm, according to a report by Philippine News Agency. This developed afte...

Manila News

Manila completes 93% of SAP distribution 

account_balanceManila News account_circleGab Ocampo chat_bubble_outline0 Comments

Manila Mayor Francisco “Isko Moreno” Domagoso said about 93 percent of the Social Amelioration Program (SAP) beneficiaries in the city have received their cash assistance from the Department of Social Welfare and Development (DSWD).

Moreno reported in a virtual public briefing that as of 7 a.m., a total of 171,961 families were already given P8,000 out of 185,000 who are set to receive the said financial aid.

The DSWD allotted P1.4 billion to be distributed to the city’s poorest of the poor, according to Moreno.

Advertisement

“We follow the directive of the President na wala dapat politiko na makiki-alam o mag-i-interfere sa proseso ng DSWD [that no politician will interfere with the process of the DSWD],” he said, adding that the local government instead helped the agency identify areas where families had been greatly affected by the coronavirus disease (COVID-19) crisis.

Moreno expressed confidence that they would meet the deadline to finish the distribution without violating social distancing measures. He also assured the public that officials neglecting their duties and committing anomalies would be charged accordingly.

This came after 46 Manila barangay officials were issued show cause order by the city government over alleged irregularities in their food distribution.

“Yung tatlo po ini-imbestigahan na ng kapulisyahan… Yung dalawa, umaandar na ng tuloy tuloy. Out of 46 naman, 27 pa lang yung nag-reply at nag-paliwanag. At yung natitira ay binibigyan pa ng hanggang ngayong araw na ‘to para sila’y makapagpaliwanag [Three of them are already under police investigation. Two are also being investigated. Out of 46, 27 barangay officials have replied to our letter and explained, while the rest have been given until today to explain],” he said.


date_rangeDate Published
1 year ago
shareShare article
folder_openArticle tags
content_copyCategorized under

Share your thoughts with us

Related Articles

Manila completes mega hospital in Rizal Park

account_balanceManila chrome_reader_mode3 hours ago

The Manila City government has completed the construction of its Mega COVID-19 Field Hospital at Rizal Park’s Burnham Green in just 52 days, Mayor Francisco “Isko Moreno” Domagoso said in a report by Manila Bulletin. The mayor expr...

The struggles in 2020 of the casino industry in the Philippines

account_balanceMetro Manila chrome_reader_mode9 months ago

Do you want to learn more about the challenges and predictions for the gambling industry in the Philippines? Find all answers in this article!

Let's Stay Connected Like us on our Facebook page.
×
Click on the article to continue reading
Quezon City adopts no contact apprehension system Red Cross pushes saliva test Vaccines from COVAX to arrive in Q1 Makati Shangri-La to close doors on Feb. 1 Cities in NCR to start vaccination simultaneously Mother, girlfriend of Filipino infected with UK variant also test positive Send Press Release MNC Facebook Page MNC Twitter Page MNC Instagram Page LGU Spotlight Barangay Front Business Sports Entertainment Metro Gen Metro Feature