Barangay Mauway to be placed under total lockdown
Mandaluyong City plans to place Barangay Mauway under a “total lockdown” because of the high number of coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) cases in the area.
Jimmy Isidro, City Public Information Office chief, said they are finalizing the date of the lockdown, which will be imposed through an executive order to be issued any time soon.
“There’s no definite date yet for the lockdown,” Isidro said. “We still need to finish the rapid mass testing in Barangay Addition Hills so those who conduct the testing can transfer to Barangay Mauway and begin the testing.”
Barangay Mauway has the highest number of COVID-19 in Mandaluyong City so far with 70 confirmed cases, three deaths as of May 8. Although it has the highest cases, the barangay has the highest number of recoveries with 23.
The local government earlier said the City Health Department and the City Epidemiology and Surveillance Unit (CESU) recommended to impose a “total lockdown” in Barangay Mauway due to the high number of COVID-19 cases in the area.
“Barangay Mauway is expected to be placed under a total lockdown in the coming days,” the City Public Information Office said in its official Facebook page.
The Mandaluyong City government has earlier placed the Welfareville Compound in Barangay Addition Hills under a week-long “total lockdown” starting May 7.
According to Isidro, the guidelines and protocols set for the implementation of the lockdown in Barangay Addition Hills will be also adopted in Barangay Mauway.
During the lockdown period, the local government has prohibited residents of the compound from leaving their homes unless for emergency reasons only.
All establishments, including public markets and stores, were also ordered closed.
The local government earlier said they would distribute food packs to residents forced to stay in their homes because of the lockdown.
Only those essential workers, frontline personnel and other authorized individuals were allowed to go in or out of the area during the lockdown period.
Following the lockdown, the local government has also begun the rapid mass testing of at least 3,000 residents of the barangay.
Makati Mayor Abby Binay said the city government has rolled out its vaccination partnership with the private sector with the opening of a vaccination center for some 15,000 residents, employees, and service providers of Rockwell Land. The mayor than...
As the local government of Muntinlupa started the rollout of vaccination for the A5 priority group or indigent residents, qualified individuals are urged to register online or through their community leaders. Indigent residents may register online t...