Articles worth reading

Duterte set to get second dose of Sinopharm vaccine

account_balanceMetro Manila access_time4 days ago

President Rodrigo Duterte is set to receive his second dose of the coronavirus disease 2019 (Covid-19) vaccine developed by China’s state-owned pharmaceutical firm Sinopharm, according to a report by Philippine News Agency. This developed afte...

Photo courtesy of: MMDA

MMDA to remove obstructions below 3 EDSA flyovers

account_balanceMetro Manila access_time4 days ago

Metropolitan Manila Development Authority (MMDA) Chairman Benhur Abalos inspected the ground level of several flyovers along Epifanio delos Santos Avenue (EDSA). According to Abalos, this is in line with the Agency's drive against urban decay an...

Mandaluyong News

20 Mauway residents violate 'hard lockdown' 

account_balanceMandaluyong News account_circlePaulo Rodriguez chat_bubble_outline0 Comments

Police said it caught at least 20 residents in Barangay Mauway in Mandaluyong City for violating the three-day lockdown.

“‘Yong iba may bibilhin lang daw sa tindahan na softdrinks, ‘yong iba maglalaro lang daw ng Mobile Legends sa mga kaibigan, ‘yong iba sabi ‘di raw nila alam na may lockdown pa,” Mandaluyong Police chief Colonel Remigio Sedanto said in a 24 Oras report.

Meanwhile, amid the lockdown, the city health department continued to conduct rapid testing among residents round the clock.

Advertisement

“Ginagawa po natin ‘tong rapid testing para more or less po ma-isolate natin ang pasyente para mai-test po natin, ma-prioritize kung sino kinakailangang i-swab,” Mandaluyong City health officer Dr. Alexander Sta. Maria said.

“‘Pag ang isang probable case o suspected case ay na-isolate, more or less po mali-limit natin ang tsansa na siya’y makahawa,” he added.

The lockdown in the barangay is set to conclude at 11:59 p.m. on May 13 (Wednesday).

The city government still has no advice on whether the lockdown would be extended.

However, Sedanto reminded the residents to still observe precautionary measures.

“Kahit ma-terminate po ‘yong lockdown order natin, we’re still nasa period ng ECQ so nasa ECQ pa tayo hanggang Mayo 15,” he said.

Meanwhile, the local government said infections in the city slowed down for the past two weeks.

“Ang mga tao po kasi ngayon naging aware na kung ano kinakailangang gawin para maiwasan ang COVID pero dapat po ‘di po tayo mag-relax, ‘di tayo magpahinga,” Sta. Maria said.

So far, Mandaluyong reported 481 COVID-19 cases with 40 deaths and 145 recoveries.


date_rangeDate Published
1 year ago
shareShare article
folder_openArticle tags
content_copyCategorized under

Share your thoughts with us

Related Articles

Mandaluyong starts A4 group vaccination 

account_balanceMandaluyong chrome_reader_mode6 days ago

Mandaluyong City started on June 7 its vaccination program for residents under the A4 (economic frontliners) priority group, according to a report by Manila Bulletin. The inoculation program, held at the Mandaluyong City Hall, was attended by M...

The struggles in 2020 of the casino industry in the Philippines

account_balanceMetro Manila chrome_reader_mode9 months ago

Do you want to learn more about the challenges and predictions for the gambling industry in the Philippines? Find all answers in this article!

Let's Stay Connected Like us on our Facebook page.
×
Click on the article to continue reading
Quezon City adopts no contact apprehension system Red Cross pushes saliva test Vaccines from COVAX to arrive in Q1 Makati Shangri-La to close doors on Feb. 1 Cities in NCR to start vaccination simultaneously Mother, girlfriend of Filipino infected with UK variant also test positive Send Press Release MNC Facebook Page MNC Twitter Page MNC Instagram Page LGU Spotlight Barangay Front Business Sports Entertainment Metro Gen Metro Feature