Articles worth reading

DFA adopts contingency in Israel amid tensions

account_balanceMetro Manila access_time5 days ago

No Filipino has been reported to be among the casualties in the escalating exchange of airstrikes and rocket fires between Israel and Palestinian militant group Hamas, the Department of Foreign Affairs (DFA) said in a report by Philippine News A...

Bulacan solar power plant starts operations 

account_balanceMetro Manila access_time5 days ago

The 50-megawatts (MW) solar power plant of PowerSource First Bulacan Solar, Inc. (PFBSI) has officially started commercial operations and now provides clean and renewable power to the Luzon grid. Now called BulacanSol, the newly completed plant secu...

BSP keeps key rates at record low

account_balanceMetro Manila access_time5 days ago

Philippine monetary officials on Wednesday kept the Bangko Sentral ng Pilipinas’ (BSP) key policy rates steady as inflation is now expected to stay within target this and next year and domestic growth to post improvements, according to a report...

Metro News

President Rodrigo Duterte

Gov't clarifies Duterte's offer to waive Covid-19 vaccine slot 

account_balanceMetro News account_circleMichael Lim chat_bubble_outline0 Comments

President Rodrigo Duterte’s remark about waiving his Covid-19 vaccination slot was his “personal conviction” that may change when more vaccine supplies arrive in the country, according to a report by Philippine News Agency.

Presidential Spokesperson Harry Roque made this clarification after Duterte in a public address late Monday night said he is willing to give up his slot to those who need the vaccine to “live productively”.

“Ito ay personal conviction ng Pangulo habang kulang pa po ang ating mga bakuna. Mauna na ang taongbayan, saka na po siya (This is the President’s personal conviction now that there is a limited supply of vaccines. The people first before him),” he said in a virtual presser.

Advertisement

Roque explained that Duterte’s statement was “temporary” and expressed hope that it would change when the bulk of Covid-19 vaccines arrive in the second quarter of the year.

“Panandaliang sentimyento po ni Presidente yung sinabi niya kahapon na habang di pa sapat po ang mga bakuna…I hope that will change po dahil parating naman po yung mas maraming supply lalo na sa mga buwan ng Mayo at ng Hunyo (What the President said yesterday is a temporary sentiment while there are limited vaccines. I hope that will change because more supply of vaccine is expected in the months of May and June),” he said.

Roque, however, said Duterte may push through with his public vaccination when more vaccine doses arrive in the country.

“So siguro po pag talagang dumagsa na ang ating supply at kinakailangan madaliin na talaga ang pagbabakuna sa lahat, ‘yun po ang panahon na magpapabakuna ang ating Presidente (Perhaps when the bulk of vaccines arrive and we need to speed up the rollout that’s when the President will get vaccinated),” he said.

He also dismissed rumors that Duterte has already been administered with his preferred Covid-19 vaccine brand.

“Hanggang speculation lang po ‘yan (It’s all speculation),” he said.

Meanwhile, Roque described Duterte’s appearance on national television to deliver his regular public address as proof of Duterte’s good health amid rumors about being ill or dead.

Ang paglabas po ng ating Pangulo ay patunay na ang Punong Ehekutibo ay nananatiling fit, healthy, not to mention mukhang bumata sa kaniyang edad (Duterte showing himself on television is proof that our Chief Executive is fit, healthy, not to mention, he looks younger),” he said.

Last week, Duterte skipped his regular public address after many of his close-in security detail tested positive for Covid-19.

In a pre-recorded public address on Monday night, Duterte said he was purposely out of the public eye last week because he was busy reviewing and signing documents.

Duterte dared critics to “pray harder” if they wanted rumors about him being ill or dead to come true.


date_rangeDate Published
1 month ago
shareShare article
folder_openArticle tags
content_copyCategorized under

Share your thoughts with us

Related Articles

Quezon City ramps up testing, contact tracing

account_balanceQuezon City chrome_reader_mode2 days ago

More COVID-19 cases have been identified by the Quezon City government due to its intensified testing and contact tracing efforts. According to the recent report by the OCTA Research Group, the average number of new cases per day in the city is at 4...

PNP and PDEA agree to prevent misencounters 

account_balanceMetro Manila chrome_reader_mode1 day ago

The Philippine National Police (PNP) and the Philippine Drug Enforcement Agency (PDEA) will craft operational guidelines and protocols which will be observed by the two agencies to avoid misencounters during the conduct of anti-illegal drug operation...

13,085 San Juan residents inoculated 

account_balanceSan Juan chrome_reader_mode6 days ago

San Juan City Mayor Francis Zamora said the city has already vaccinated a total of 13,085 residents against COVID-19, according to a report by Manila Bulletin. Zamora said that 8,620 San Juaneños have received their first dose of Sinovac vacc...

The struggles in 2020 of the casino industry in the Philippines

account_balanceMetro Manila chrome_reader_mode8 months ago

Do you want to learn more about the challenges and predictions for the gambling industry in the Philippines? Find all answers in this article!

Let's Stay Connected Like us on our Facebook page.
×
Click on the article to continue reading
Quezon City adopts no contact apprehension system Red Cross pushes saliva test Vaccines from COVAX to arrive in Q1 Makati Shangri-La to close doors on Feb. 1 Cities in NCR to start vaccination simultaneously Mother, girlfriend of Filipino infected with UK variant also test positive Send Press Release MNC Facebook Page MNC Twitter Page MNC Instagram Page LGU Spotlight Barangay Front Business Sports Entertainment Metro Gen Metro Feature