Articles worth reading

Navotas prohibits minors from leaving home

account_balanceNavotas access_time4 days ago

Due to rising cases of coronavirus disease, the City Government of Navotas Sunday announced that it would enforce anew the 24-hour curfew for minors. Mayor Toby Tiangco cited a July 17 COVIDKAYA report stating that Navotas posted a 105.06 percent&nb...

Navotas administers vaccines on 747 PDLs

account_balanceNavotas access_time4 days ago

Persons deprived of liberty (PDLs) at Navotas City Jail received their first dose of Sputnik vaccine Monday. The City Government of Navotas inoculated 747 PDLs against Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19). “PDLs are at high risk of contracting...

Groups raise concern on toxic hzards from plastic waste management schemes 

account_balanceMetro Manila access_time4 days ago

Environmental health groups EcoWaste Coalition, Interfacing Development Interventions for Sustainability (IDIS) and Mother Earth Foundation (MEF) have echoed the urgency of limiting the manufacture of plastic to essential uses and eliminating toxic c...

Metro News

Duterte set to get second dose of Sinopharm vaccine

account_balanceMetro News account_circleMylene Santos chat_bubble_outline0 Comments

President Rodrigo Duterte is set to receive his second dose of the coronavirus disease 2019 (Covid-19) vaccine developed by China’s state-owned pharmaceutical firm Sinopharm, according to a report by Philippine News Agency.

This developed after the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) has granted Sinopharm an emergency use authorization (EUA) for the administration of its Covid-19 vaccines.

“Kasama na po diyan ‘yung second dose ni Presidente dahil hindi pa po nagkakaroon ng second dose ang ating Presidente dahil inaantay nga po itong EUA (That includes the second dose [of the vaccine that will be administered to] the President. The President has yet to take the second dose because he is waiting for the EUA),” Roque said in a virtual presser.

Advertisement

Duterte received the first Sinopharm vaccine jab on May 3. At that time, Sinopharm has yet to secure an EUA from FDA.

Initially, FDA only issued a compassionate use license for the administration of 10,000 doses of Sinopharm vaccine to the members of the Presidential Security Group (PSG).

China earlier donated additional Sinopharm vaccine doses, in addition to the 10,000 vials expected to be donated to PSG personnel.

Duterte, however, ordered on May 6 the pullout of Sinopharm vaccines over concerns that the Chinese vaccine has yet to be cleared for emergency use by the country’s FDA.

Hence, the country would no longer return the 1,000 donated Sinopharm vaccine jabs, Roque said.

Roque added that Duterte’s second dose would come from 1,000 vials from donated Sinopharm vaccines.

“Kaya nga po kumuha ang DOH (Department of Health) ng EUA para dito sa mga donated na 1,000 na Sinopharm (The reason why DOH applied for an EUA is because that will be used for the donated 1,000 Sinopharm vaccines),” he said.

China approved in December last year the use of Sinopharm vaccine after its developer said the vaccine showed 79.34 percent efficacy based on an interim analysis of late-stage clinical trials. 


date_rangeDate Published
1 month ago
shareShare article
folder_openArticle tags
content_copyCategorized under

Share your thoughts with us

Related Articles

President Rodrigo Duterte / PCOO

Duterte's final SONA described as modest, memorable

account_balanceMetro Manila chrome_reader_mode1 day ago

President Rodrigo Duterte’s sixth and final State of the Nation Address (SONA) on July 26 will be “modest yet memorable", according to a report by Philippine News Agency. Presidential Communications Operations Office (PCOO) Sec...

President Rodrigo Duterte / PCOO

PNP personnel to use body cameras during SONA 

account_balanceMetro Manila chrome_reader_mode1 day ago

Some of the newly-procured body-worn cameras (BWCs) of the Philippine National Police (PNP) will be utilized during the final State-Of-the-Nation-Address (SONA) of President Rodrigo R. Duterte on July 26, according to a report by Philippine News...

Malabon opens another health center 

account_balanceMalabon chrome_reader_mode5 days ago

A new health center in Malabon City was inaugurated Monday to accommodate more residents who are in need of medical assistance from the local government, according to a report by Manila Bulletin. Mayor Lenlen Oreta led the opening of two-storey Supe...

Photo Courtesy of Miss World Philippines Facebook Page

Miss World Philippines coronation night postponed

account_balanceMetro Manila chrome_reader_mode1 day ago

The coronation event of Miss World Philippines, scheduled to take place on Sunday, July 25, has been postponed to August 8, according to a report by GMA News. On social media, the organization released a statement saying it is rescheduling the much ...

Let's Stay Connected Like us on our Facebook page.
×
Click on the article to continue reading
Quezon City adopts no contact apprehension system Red Cross pushes saliva test Vaccines from COVAX to arrive in Q1 Makati Shangri-La to close doors on Feb. 1 Cities in NCR to start vaccination simultaneously Mother, girlfriend of Filipino infected with UK variant also test positive Send Press Release MNC Facebook Page MNC Twitter Page MNC Instagram Page LGU Spotlight Barangay Front Business Sports Entertainment Metro Gen Metro Feature