Articles worth reading

NFA rice sale under investigation

account_balanceMetro Manila access_time5 days ago

Agriculture Secretary Francisco Tiu Laurel Jr. ordered an investigation on the alleged “improper” sale of National Food Authority (NFA) rice, according to a report by Philippine News Agency. In a news release, Laurel said the Depart...

LGUs assured of bigger share in national budget 

account_balanceMetro Manila access_time5 days ago

Local government units (LGUs) are assured of a bigger share of the national budget in compliance with the directive of President Ferdinand R. Marcos Jr. to allot more for projects that are crucial to advance Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs), ...

12 senators register 'perfect attendance' 

account_balanceMetro Manila access_time5 days ago

Twelve senators have recorded perfect attendance since the start of the second regular session on July 24 last year, according to a report by Philippine News Agency. Senators without absences include Senate President Juan Miguel Zubiri, Senate ...

Metro News

Comelec reschedules bidding for 2025 poll automation

account_balanceMetro News account_circleGab Ocampo chat_bubble_outline0 Comments

The Commission on Elections (Comelec) has moved anew the deadline for the submission of bidding documents for the 2025 polls automation project, according to a report by Philippine News Agency.

Based on the Supplemental/Bid Bulletin 3 issued by the Comelec’s Special Bids and Awards Committee (SBAC) on Wednesday, the deadline for the submission of bids for the Full Automation System with Transparency Audit/Count (FASTrAC) project has been rescheduled from Nov. 28 to Dec. 12.

The poll body added that the venue for the Submission and Receipt of Bids is still at the SBAC Secretariat Office on the 3rd Floor of the Far East Managers and Investors, Inc. Building in Intramuros, Manila on or before 9 a.m. on Dec. 12.

Advertisement

Meanwhile, the opening of bids will be held on the 3rd Floor of the Palacio del Gobernador Building in Intramuros, Manila at 10:30 a.m.

This is the second postponement of the original deadline for the submission of bids for the project, which was originally set for Nov. 20.

Comelec chairperson George Erwin Garcia said the SBAC decided to move the deadline to give prospective bidders more time to prepare their documents.

"This is to give ample time to all bidders to prepare their bids due to the magnitude and numerous requirements of the project," he said in a press briefing.

Advertisement

Meanwhile, Garcia noted that the draft resolution of the case against Smartmatic has already been distributed to the members of the Commission en banc.

He added that members of the seven-man poll body are being given ample time to study the draft resolution before coming up with a decision.

"The Comelec should not decide based on the sentiment of the people, the gossip of others. The Comelec should decide based on evidence at hand, jurisprudence, and facts presented to us," Garcia said.

A petition was filed last June against the international service provider asking the poll body to disqualify the company from participating in the scheduled bidding.

The petitioners were former Comelec commissioner Augusto Lagman, former Department of Information and Communications Technology (DICT) secretary Eliseo Rio, retired Col. Leonardo Odoño, and former Financial Executives Institute of the Philippines president Franklin Ysaac.


date_rangeDate Published
3 months ago
shareShare article
folder_openArticle tags
content_copyCategorized under

Share your thoughts with us

Related Articles

DepEd investigates sale of 'Catch-up Fridays' materials 

account_balanceMetro Manila chrome_reader_mode2 days ago

The Department of Education (DepEd) started the investigation on the alleged illegal sale of "Catch-up Fridays" and other school activity materials, according to a report by Philippine News Agency. Catch-up Friday is a learning mechanism w...

Photo courtesy of: DMW

Filipino seasonal farm workers leave for South Korea 

account_balanceMetro Manila chrome_reader_mode1 day ago

The first batch of seasonal farm workers processed under the Department of Migrant Workers (DMW) Interim Pipeline Processing (IPP) system left for South Korea on Thursday, according to a report by Philippine News Agency. In a statement Friday, ...

Photo courtesy of: DMW

PH, Denmark in talks to explore bilateral labor relations 

account_balanceMetro Manila chrome_reader_mode1 day ago

The Department of Migrant Workers (DMW) and the government of Denmark are entering into exploratory discussions towards forging a bilateral labor relations agreement (BLA) between their two countries. DMW Officer-in-Charge Hans Leo J. Cacdac met yes...

Meralco investing P100 billion for sustainability projects 

account_balanceMetro Manila chrome_reader_mode1 week ago

The country’s largest distribution utility (DU) Manila Electric Company (Meralco) is investing P100 billion until 2030 for its projects that will ensure energy security while addressing the challenges posed by climate change, according to a rep...

×
Click on the article to continue reading
Quezon City adopts no contact apprehension system Red Cross pushes saliva test Vaccines from COVAX to arrive in Q1 Makati Shangri-La to close doors on Feb. 1 Cities in NCR to start vaccination simultaneously Mother, girlfriend of Filipino infected with UK variant also test positive Send Press Release MNC Facebook Page MNC Twitter Page MNC Instagram Page LGU Spotlight Barangay Front Business Sports Entertainment Metro Gen Metro Feature