Nine Valenzuela students get Korean scholarships
Nine students in Valenzuela City have obtained college scholarships in South Korea.
Nine students from St. Bernadette College in Barangay General T. De Leon visited Mayor Rex Gatchalian on August 15 to inform him that they have obtained a full college education scholarship grant and dormitory support in Kyungnam University in South Korea.
The scholars and their degrees are:
- Alysa Mae E. Encarnacion – Tourism Studies
- Tristan Troy Baguio – Cultural Contents/Biotechnology
- Erin Derek C. Ignacio – Computer Science
- Wendell N. Reyes – Cultural Contents/Biotechnology
- Marie Ysabel B. Estandian – Cultural Contents/Psychology
- Caryl Joyce T. Acuña – Industrial Design
- Noemi Arramarie L. Cabrito – Media and Communication in Cultural Contents
- Jenny Babe D. Benting – Media and Communication in Cultural Contents
- Julia Ramielle Ulanday – Computer Science Major in Software Development
Gatchalian said he is happy for the students’ feat, as they also show they are the pride of Valenzuela.
Valenzuela City has automated its contract tracing procedures to monitor COVID-19 patients and persons under investigation. Valenzuela Mayor Rex Gatchalian said every time a new case turns positive, the team in charge logs all of the data and t...
Valenzuela City is se to launch its “Market on Wheels” Sunday to bring basic goods, closer to its residents. Under the program, the local government can also “lessen the people in the markets during the community qua...
The Valenzuela City Council passed an ordinance to protect the welfare of city employees and ensure the delivery of government services during the month-long Luzon’s enhanced community quarantine. Ordinance No. 676 Series of 2020 otherwis...
The Valenzuela City government said it adopted an alternative work arrangement for contractual and job order (JO) employees amid the Luzon-wide Enhanced Community Quarantine. The City Council passed Ordinance No. 676 Series of 2020 otherwise kn...
Valenzuela City has two new cases of the coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19), bringing the total infection in the city to 9. The city’s 8th COVID-19 case is a 29-year-old female while the other is a 69-year-old female. “Both pat...