Articles worth reading
Photo Courtesy of DSWD Region XI Facebook

30 Davao centenarians to receive P200,000 cash 

account_balanceMetro Manila access_time4 days ago

The local government said it has validated 30 centenarians here who will receive cash incentives worth P200,000 each on Oct. 3, according to a report by Philippine News Agency. Lawyer Marlisa Gallo, City Social Welfare and Development Office (C...

Manila mayor leads turnover of hard hats to Court of Appeals 

account_balanceManila access_time4 days ago

Manila Mayor Dr. Honey Lacuna, together with Vice Mayor Yul Servo Nieto and City Administrator Bernie Ang, led the turnover ceremonial of 100 hard hats to the Court of Appeals held last September 14, 2022. These hard hats will serve as an extra laye...

Low pressure area spotted east off Luzon 

account_balanceMetro Manila access_time4 days ago

A low pressure area (LPA) spotted 1,240 kilometers east of extreme Northern Luzon may develop into a tropical cyclone in the next 48 hours, the weather bureau said in a report by Philippine News Agency. The trough of LPA may cause scattered rain sho...

Quezon City News

Quezon City to probe school's sudden closure

account_balanceQuezon City News account_circleLinda Flores chat_bubble_outline0 Comments

The Quezon City legal department said Wednesday the Colegio de San Lorenzo may face legal action as a result of the school’s sudden and unexpected closure, according to a report by Philippine News Agency.

In a message sent to the Philippine News Agency, city legal counsel Orlando Paolo Casimiro said the city government is willing and ready to assist parents, students, teachers, and non-teaching personnel in case they want to file charges against the school.

“The possible legal action(s) against CDSL will be dependent upon those directly affected as well as on the CHED (Commission on Higher Education) and DepEd (Department of Education) who have jurisdiction over it as an educational institution. Mayor Joy Belmonte has instructed my Office through our Public Assistance and Legal Aid Office to assist those who have been affected by the incident,” Casimiro said.  

Advertisement

He added “they can come to my office for any legal assistance concerning the matter”.

As far as the city government is concerned, Casimiro said they are already investigating the school for possible violations of local ordinances as well as compliance with the necessary permits relating to the schools operation.

“The priority right now is to help the students continue their studies and for the teachers and non-teaching staff (to) have a source of income or livelihood,” he added.

Over 1,300 students were affected by the sudden and unexpected closure of CDSL announced on its supposed first day of classes last August 15.

Teachers and non-teaching personnel of the school were also left jobless because of the closure.

Citing his conversation with the school representatives on Tuesday, Casimiro said there are a total of 717 students from nursery to grade 12 that were affected, aside from the 652 college students displaced by the closure, of which, 172 were graduating under the current school year.

Several schools have so far announced readiness to accept displaced CDSL students, and even teachers, and non-teaching personnel.

Meanwhile, a task force that will coordinate with the CDSL management has already been created by the DepEd.

Vice President and Education Secretary Sara Duterte in an interview with the media said a notice for the conference scheduled for Thursday has already been sent to the school owners and officials.

Duterte said among the topics she wants to resolve and discuss with the school owner and officials is if they have any plans to assist displaced learners. 


date_rangeDate Published
1 month ago
shareShare article
folder_openArticle tags
content_copyCategorized under

Share your thoughts with us

Related Articles

653 Manila families evacuated as ‘Karding’ crosses Luzon

account_balanceManila chrome_reader_mode6 days ago

Over 600 families from vulnerable barangays and areas in the city of Manila were preemptively evacuated on Sunday, Sept. 25, due to typhoon “Karding”, the city government said in a report by Manila Bulletin. According to lawyer Princess ...

Mandaluyong undertakes road clearing operations 

account_balanceMandaluyong chrome_reader_mode6 days ago

A total of 307 individuals in different areas in Mandaluyong City have been evacuated due to the onslaught of typhoon “Karding” Sunday evening, according to a report by Manila Bulletin. Data obtained by Manila Bulletin from the city gove...

Photo courtesy of: Pasig PIO

600 Pasig families move to evacuation centers

account_balancePasig chrome_reader_mode6 days ago

Over 600 families or 2,386 individuals sought shelter in various evacuation centers in Pasig City from Sunday night to early Monday morning as strong winds and torrential rains brought about by typhoon “Karding” battered Luzon, according ...

Photo Courtesy of Marikina PIO

Marikina evacuates 5,024 families at the height of typhoon ‘Karding’ 

account_balanceMarikina chrome_reader_mode6 days ago

A total of 5,024 families or 21,796 individuals were evacuated from their homes as the Marikina River reached the “critical” 18 meter water level early Monday morning due to heavy rainfall brought about by typhoon “Karding”, a...

Let's Stay Connected Like us on our Facebook page.
×
Click on the article to continue reading
Quezon City adopts no contact apprehension system Red Cross pushes saliva test Vaccines from COVAX to arrive in Q1 Makati Shangri-La to close doors on Feb. 1 Cities in NCR to start vaccination simultaneously Mother, girlfriend of Filipino infected with UK variant also test positive Send Press Release MNC Facebook Page MNC Twitter Page MNC Instagram Page LGU Spotlight Barangay Front Business Sports Entertainment Metro Gen Metro Feature