Articles worth reading

Comelec dismisses petition to revoke Marcos candidacy 

account_balanceMetro Manila access_time4 days ago

Another case seeking to revoke the candidacy of presidential aspirant Ferdinand "Bongbong" Marcos Jr. has been junked by the Commission on Elections (Comelec), according to a report by Philippine News Agency. This, as the poll body...

CSC asks gov't agencies to protect employees' health 

account_balanceMetro Manila access_time4 days ago

 An official of the Civil Service Commission (CSC) on Monday reminded government agencies to look after their employees’ safety and security amid the prevailing pandemic, according to a report by Philippine News Agency. In a televise...

Leyte bettor wins P142-million lotto jackpot 

account_balanceMetro Manila access_time4 days ago

For the third straight day, another bettor became an instant millionaire after winning the P142 million jackpot of the Super Lotto 6/49 on Sunday night, according to a report by Philippine News Agency. In an advisory on Monday, the Philippine C...

Quezon City News

Quezon City extending P20 million for typhoon victims

account_balanceQuezon City News account_circleLinda Flores chat_bubble_outline0 Comments

The Quezon City government will extend an additional PHP 20 million financial aid to a province and various municipalities in Central Visayas that were badly hit by Typhoon Odette last week.

This morning, the Quezon City Council as presided by Vice Mayor Gian Sotto passed City Resolution no. 8802 S-2021, authored by Councilors Franz Pumaren, Donato Matias, and Wency Lagumbay and co-authored by the other members of the council, authorizing Mayor Joy Belmonte to donate the said amount to some areas that were battered by the typhoon.

PHP 10 million will be donated to the Province of Bohol, while the remaining PHP 10 million will be equally divided among the municipalities of Bais, Manjuyod, Bindoy, Ayungon, Tayasan, Jimalalud, La Libertad, and Vallehermoso in Negros Oriental and Ronda and Dumanjug in Cebu Province.

“The people of Quezon City are deeply saddened by the plight of our brothers and sisters in regions that were ravaged by Odette. We are only seeing the extent of the storm’s wrath given the limited capacity of media. We hope that this donation will bring you some relief from the effects of the typhoon,” Mayor Joy Belmonte said.

On Monday, the city government had already extended a P10 million financial aid to 10 municipalities in Southern Leyte, namely: Anahawan, Hinundayan, Libagon, Padre Burgos, Pintuyan, San Francisco, San Juan, San Ricardo, Tomas Oppus, and Limasawa.

The said Southern Leyte municipalities received one million pesos each from QC, through City Resolution No. SP 8797, S-21 proposed by Majority Floor Leader Councilor Franz Pumaren, Councilor Donny Matias and Councilor Wency Lagumbay, and co-introduced by the other members of the Quezon City Council.

The financial aid will be immediately forwarded to the province and municipalities through wire transfer.

The selected municipalities in Southern Leyte, Negros Oriental, and the Province of Bohol were identified by the QC Disaster Risk Reduction and Management Council in consultation with the Department of Interior and Local Government.

Earlier, the QCDRRMC passed a resolution approving the release of the said amount that will be drawn from the city’s DRRM Fund.

The city’s donations are also apart from the PHP 100 million fund from the savings of the Metropolitan Manila Development Authority that Mayor Belmonte unanimously agreed with the other National Capital Region mayors to release for the assistance of the local government units affected by the typhoon.


date_rangeDate Published
4 weeks ago
shareShare article
folder_openArticle tags
content_copyCategorized under

Share your thoughts with us

Related Articles

Pasay City Mayor Emi Calixto-Rubiano

Pasay declares health break until Jan. 22

account_balancePasay chrome_reader_mode6 days ago

Pasay City Mayor Emi Calixto-Rubiano issued an executive order declaring a weeklong health break for all students, teaching and non-teaching personnel in all public and private academic institutions in the city from Jan. 15 to Jan. 22, according...

Makati approves ordinance to restrict movement of unvaccinated 

account_balanceMakati chrome_reader_mode6 days ago

The Makati City local government announced on Thursday, Jan. 13, the passage of an ordinance regulating the mobility of unvaccinated individuals in the city, according to a report by Manila Bulletin. Under City Ordinance No. 2022-005, non-fully...

Let's Stay Connected Like us on our Facebook page.
×
Click on the article to continue reading
Quezon City adopts no contact apprehension system Red Cross pushes saliva test Vaccines from COVAX to arrive in Q1 Makati Shangri-La to close doors on Feb. 1 Cities in NCR to start vaccination simultaneously Mother, girlfriend of Filipino infected with UK variant also test positive Send Press Release MNC Facebook Page MNC Twitter Page MNC Instagram Page LGU Spotlight Barangay Front Business Sports Entertainment Metro Gen Metro Feature