Articles worth reading

Pateros boy sells dried fish to go to school

account_balancePateros access_time4 days ago

A boy’s determination to study and help his family has caught netizens’ admiration, as photos of him went viral on social media. Lance Abarquez is a young vendor of dried fish and tinapa (smoked fish) in Pateros. Everyday, he walks ...

PCol. Segundo Canapi Lagundi Jr. as the new Police Chief of Las Pi%uFFFDas City

New Las Piñas police chief starts term

account_balanceLas Piñas access_time4 days ago

Mayor Mel Aguilar and Vice Mayor April Aguilar welcomed the designation of PCol. Segundo Canapi Lagundi Jr. as the new Police Chief of Las Piñas City. IN PHOTOS: PCol Segundo Canapi Lagundi Jr. during his courtesy call at the Las Piñas...

Funds for affected ASF

Duterte approves P78-million emergency fund to combat ASF 

account_balanceMetro Manila access_time4 days ago

President Rodrigo Duterte has approved the release of P78-million emergency fund to effectively manage, control, and contain the threat of African swine fever (ASF).   In a statement, Agriculture Secretary William Dar said the fund wi...

Quezon City News

NCRPO Chief, Maj. Gen Guillermo Eleazar with Quezon City Mayor Joy Belmonte leading the road clearing operation and demolition of Brgy Damayang Lagi city hall / NCRPO PIO

QC demolishes barangay hall

account_balanceQuezon City chat_bubble_outline0 Comments visibility

Various national government agencies and the local government of Quezon City led the demolition of a barangay hall which has been encroaching on a part of a sidewalk.

Department of the Interior and Local Government Secretary Eduardo Año, Metropolitan Manila Development Authority (MMDA) chairman Danilo Lim, Quezon City Mayor Joy Belmonte and Quezon City Police District (QCPD) Director, Brig. Gen. Joel Esquivel led the clearing operations.

National Capital Region Police Office chief, Maj. Gen. Guillermo Eleazar, also assisted in the road clearing operations, demolishing the barangay hall of Damayang Lagi.

Año and Belmonte turned over to the officials of Damayang Lagi a temporary barangay hall for the continuous delivery of public service in the community.

Año said he is pleased that the mayors of Metro Manila are all on board and are putting on the work to comply with the President's directive.

He hopes that all local chief executives to follow suit and be inspired by the revolution Metro Manila mayors are implementing within their jurisdiction.

"We do not want this to end in Metro Manila alone. We have said this before, the President's order encompasses the whole country. Sana ay ma-inspire sila sa mga pagbabagong nangyayari dito sa (I hope they will be inspired with the changes happening here in) Metro Manila," he said.

The countdown started last July 29 upon the issuance of the DILG Memorandum Circular 2019-121 that directs all LCEs "to exercise their powers essential to reclaim public roads which are being used for private ends".

"We will continue this until we achieve success not only in Metro Manila but in the whole country. I am happy that we are just yet to reach the half of our 60-day countdown but so far, our Metro Manila mayors have accomplished much," he added.

Año said there is no political consideration in the road clearing operation, it will be strictly implemented in all local government units and will apply to all whether government or private entities.

"We are fortunate to have a President with a strong political will to implement much needed reforms in our country. Kaya dapat natin itong samantalahin (We should take advantage of this),” he said.

date_rangeDate Published
1 month ago
shareShare article
folder_openArticle tags
content_copyCategorized under

Share your thoughts with us

Related Articles

No releated news for this article.

Advertisement