Articles worth reading
Pasig City Mayor Vico Sotto

Pasig allows only essential travels 

account_balancePasig access_time4 days ago

Pasig City Mayor Vico Sotto said residents should only travel for essential purposes even as Metro Manila shifts to general community quarantine (GCQ). Sotto reminded his constituents that shifting to GCQ does not change any of the implemented ...

DOST to support technology ventures

account_balanceMetro Manila access_time4 days ago

The Department of Science and Technology (DOST) will allot P5 million in initial funding for its iFWD PH (innovation for Filipinos Working Distantly from the Philippines). The iFWD PH aims to provide opportunities to overseas Filipino workers (OFWs)...

Marikina City Mayor Marcy Teodoro

Marikina businesses asked to hire residents

account_balanceMarikina access_time4 days ago

Marikina Mayor Marcelino Teodoro encouraged businesses in the city reope­ning under the general community quarantine (GCQ) to hire only residents amid lingering fears over the new coronavirus disease. The measure was one of several drawn up by T...

Metro News

NCRPO chief, Maj. Gen. Guillermo Eleazar talks to four GCTA-freed convicts who surrendered to authorities in Camp Bagong Diwa, Taguig City on Thursday

NCRPO asks convicts to surrender peacefully

account_balanceMetro News account_circleMichael Lim chat_bubble_outline0 Comments

The National Capital Region Police Office (NCRPO) asked the remaining persons deprived of liberty (PDLs) who were released through the Good Conduct Time Allowance (GCTA) to surrender for their own safety.

"So we advise them not to do something that would jeopardize their safety once our personnel are able to track their locations. But still, the best option is for them to surrender," NCRPO chief Maj. Gen. Guillermo Eleazar, said in a statement.

"We want to get them alive but if there is aggressive behavior on their part and they resist, we have to defend ourselves,” he added.

Three hours after President Rodrigo Duterte's deadline lapsed, NCRPO operatives arrested four PDLs before the Department of Justice (DOJ) asked for the suspension of manhunt operations early Friday.

Eleazar said another one had been taken into custody in Metro Manila at around 3 p.m. Friday, after Malacañang and DOJ clarified that the manhunt operations will continue.

This came despite the DOJ's pronouncement that it will issue a revised list of GCTA-freed convicts after the number of PDLs who surrendered exceeded the actual number totaling to 1,914.

"The series of arrests we conducted is a proof that we are serious in running after them. We will not stop until they are all accounted because that is the order coming from the President," said Eleazar.

Eleazar earlier said each of the 26 police stations would form a team consisting of four personnel to track down the PDLs released under the GCTA.

"The police precincts, police stations and our offices here at NCRPO are open 24 hours, and we shall be ready to arrange for (the PDLs’) turnover to the proper authorities," he said.

"To those protecting them, they will be charged by a case of harboring criminals. If the convicts were arrested in their premises, they would be held liable," Eleazar also warned.

date_rangeDate Published
8 months ago
shareShare article
folder_openArticle tags
content_copyCategorized under

Share your thoughts with us

Related Articles

Mandaluyong cites grace period for rent 

account_balanceMandaluyong chrome_reader_mode6 days ago

Mandaluyong City informed its constituents about the rules that govern the grace period for paying rent under the quarantine period. In a Facebook post Friday, the Mandaluyong City Public Information Office through an infographic from their legal de...

Wet cropping season set to start

account_balanceMetro Manila chrome_reader_mode2 days ago

The Department of Agriculture is enhancing its preparations for the wet cropping season this month. During a Laging Handa public briefing on Tuesday, Agriculture Secretary William Dar said the department will cover an estimated total area of 2.5 mil...

Navotas City restores truck ban  

account_balanceNavotas chrome_reader_mode2 days ago

Navotas City restored its truck ban, which was temporarily lifted while Metro Manila was under an enhanced community quarantine (ECQ). Ordinance No. 2015-02 imposes a ban on eight-wheeler trucks in certain areas, which the city council sees necessar...

Photo courtesy of: ABS-CBN

301 barangay officials face charges

account_balanceMetro Manila chrome_reader_mode2 days ago

The Department of the Interior and Local Government (DILG) will file charges against 301 barangay officials for alleged irregularities in the distribution of the Social Amelioration Program, "Hindi po hihinto ang DILG at ang PNP sa paghabol...

Navotas City Mayor Toby Tiangco

Navotas to put up more isolation facilities 

account_balanceNavotas chrome_reader_mode6 days ago

Navotas City is construction more facilities to isolate more coronavirus disease (COVID-19) patients. Irish Cubillan, chief of the city’s public information office, said they are currently preparing the Navotas Polytechnic College that will ad...

Let's Stay Connected Like us on our Facebook page.
×
Click on the article to continue reading
Manila opens 3 more quarantine facilities Govt flip flops on rent rules 84% of Filipinos support lockdown Modified coding scheme to start on June 8 PH borrows $500 million from the World Bank Religious gatherings may resume under MGCQ Send Press Release MNC Facebook Page MNC Twitter Page MNC Instagram Page LGU Spotlight Barangay Front Business Sports Entertainment Metro Gen Metro Feature