Articles worth reading

Pasay News

Pasay City Mayor Emi Calixto%u2013Rubiano

Pasay mayor welcomes implementation of alert level system

account_balancePasay News account_circleMylene Santos chat_bubble_outline0 Comments

Mayor Emi Calixto–Rubiano said on Wednesday that Pasay City is ready to implement the new alert system as recommended by the Inter Agency Task Force (IATF) for the Management of Emerging Infectious Diseases for Metro Manila starting Thursday, September 16, to hasten the downslide of COVID-19 cases in the country, according to a report by Manila Bulletin.

“Suportado po namin ang anumang hakbangin ng pamahalaan para makatulong na bumaba ang mga kaso ng COVID-19 o di kaya ay tuluyan na itong mapuksa hindi lamang sa Metro Manila kundi maging sa buong bansa (We support the plan of the national government to help to decrease COVID-19 cases in Metro Manila as well as in the whole country),” Rubiano said.

She said the city government can readily adjust if the city and the entire National Capital Region (NCR) are placed under Alert Level 4 since it already had previous experience in implementing the system.

Advertisement

Rubiano said the city government had been implementing granular lockdowns in houses or a compound with high number of COVID-19 cases way back in March, 2021 that helped in bringing down the number of active cases to 40.

She added that as part of their preparations, they already produced information graphics to be posted on the city’s official online pages and will also utilize public address system of every barangay for their information dissemination campaign.

The mayor said the city government deployed more policemen, as well as staff from the Public Order and Safety Unit (POSU), traffic, Pasay City Environment and Natural Resourced Office (PCENRO), and even barangay officials were deputized to check or even apprehend violators if necessary.

“Ang aming enforcement and inspection team po ay umiikot para mag-inspection sa mga establishment na maaring lumalabag sa mga patakaran na itinakda kaugnay ng Alert Level 4 (Our enforcement and inspection team was deployed to establishments to check that policies are being followed under Alert Level 4),” Rubiano added.

Rubiano said the city government had already prepared food packs and other necessities to ensure that their residents who will be placed under granular lockdowns won’t have any excuse anymore to go out of their households.


date_rangeDate Published
1 week ago
shareShare article
folder_openArticle tags
content_copyCategorized under

Share your thoughts with us

Related Articles

Makati Mayor Abby Binay

Makati street under granular lockdown

account_balanceMakati chrome_reader_mode6 days ago

Makati Mayor Abby Binay has ordered the implementation of a granular lockdown at H. Santos St. in Brgy. Tejeros starting at 12:01 a.m. of Thursday, September 16, 2021. “I ordered the granular lockdown after noting an increase in the number of ...

Quezon City Mayor Joy Belmonte

Belmonte wants strict monitoring of closed-setting facilities 

account_balanceQuezon City chrome_reader_mode6 days ago

The Quezon City government is strictly monitoring all closed-setting facilities situated in the city after 22 more individuals tested positive for the coronavirus disease 2019 (Covid-19) in another religious convent, according to a report by Phi...

Caloocan issues ‘fully vaxxed’ certificates

account_balanceCaloocan chrome_reader_mode6 days ago

Caloocan has started providing “Fully Vaxxed” certifications to establishments in the city whose employees are 100 percent fully-vaccinated, according to a report by Daily Tribune. Mayor Oca Malapitan said the initiative will encourage b...

Another QC convent reports Covid outbreak

account_balanceQuezon City chrome_reader_mode6 days ago

A third convent in Quezon City was hit by an outbreak of coronavirus disease (COViD-19) cases with 13 nuns reportedly being infected, according to a report by Manila Bulletin. The nuns are reportedly from the convent of Stella Maris in Cubao, Q...

Let's Stay Connected Like us on our Facebook page.
×
Click on the article to continue reading
Quezon City adopts no contact apprehension system Red Cross pushes saliva test Vaccines from COVAX to arrive in Q1 Makati Shangri-La to close doors on Feb. 1 Cities in NCR to start vaccination simultaneously Mother, girlfriend of Filipino infected with UK variant also test positive Send Press Release MNC Facebook Page MNC Twitter Page MNC Instagram Page LGU Spotlight Barangay Front Business Sports Entertainment Metro Gen Metro Feature