Parañaque recovers from being almost cashless six years ago
A city official took pride in their achievement that the city of Parañaque has now recovered thanks to enhanced company environment and streamlined operations after running short of resources for government projects and facilities six years earlier.
As of May 30 this year, Dr. Anthony Pulmano, the city government now maintains over P3.7 billion that can be spent on multiple programs and initiatives.
The amount was far from the P39.5-million, enough only to provide half of the salary of city hall employees, when the administration of current city Mayor Edwin L. Olivarez took over in 2013.
The city government has also paid almost P1-billion (P999, 999,743.71) worth of loans from the Land Bank of the Philippines in February last year.
In 2013, it had P2-billion worth of stand-by loan that should be supposedly used for the construction of the city hall, and cash deficit worth P2.786-billion that should be paid to contractors and suppliers, and various benefits and allowances.
He believed that “efficient collection of taxes and prudent spending” helped the city achieve gaining more revenue.
The city government was able to build two public hospitals, one in Barangay La Huerta and another to be built in Barangay Don Bosco, and would continue fulfilling its promise of providing a school for each of the city’s 16 barangays, without sacrificing spending for public services and making loans, he added.
Starting this school year, the Olivarez administration would also provide P500 monthly allowance for all high school students of the city, provided that they would attend at least 80-percent of their classes.
The increase in government resources was made possible by the efforts of the city government to simplify their business operations and intensify inspections, Pulmano said.
Quezon City Mayor Joy Belmonte assured that the city-wide clearing of obstructions and illegal structures will be sustained after the 60-day period given by President Rodrigo Duterte. Speaking to reporters before the demolition of the Damayang Lagi ...
Makati Mayor Abby Binay disclosed that the city government has paid more than P18 million to five cinema-partners for free movie tickets issued to senior citizens and persons with disability (PWD) in the first six months of 2019. The mayor said...