Articles worth reading

Navotas fish port complex closed on August 1

account_balanceNavotas access_time4 days ago

Navotas Fish Port Complex (NFPC), which supplies 70 percent of the fish requirements of Metro Manila, was closed on August 1 for disinfection. The Philippine Fisheries Development Authority said the fish port would be temporarily shut down from 1 p....

IATF wants more Covid-19 beds in hospitals

account_balanceMetro Manila access_time4 days ago

The government has ordered private and public hospitals to increase the number of beds allocated for coronavirus patients as the number of cases continued to increase in recent weeks, reaching more than 85,000 by the end of July. The Inter-Agency Ta...

PNP chief, Gen. Archie Gamboa

PNP restricts movement of civilians at Camp Crame

account_balanceMetro Manila access_time4 days ago

Clients applying for documentary requirements from police regulatory and front-line offices will be reduced to a maximum of 950 per day, according to the Philippine National Police (PNP). In a statement, PNP Chief, Gen. Archie Gamboa, said the Admin...

Parañaque News

Parañaque eyes lockdown

account_balanceParañaque News account_circleJake Cruz chat_bubble_outline0 Comments

Paranaque City Mayor Edwin Olivarez said he may impose a citywide lockdown for two weeks if cases of the coronavirus disease 2019 (Covid-19) continue to surge.

Olivarez urged residents to “unite and cooperate in the battle against Covid-19” as the city’s confirmed cases reached almost 2,000.

“At this critical moment, I’m appealing, again, to my constituents to come together to defeat this terrible disease. Each of us has a role to play whether through unselfishness or humanity,” the mayor said.

As of Sunday, the city tallied 1,944 confirmed Covid-19 cases.

Most of the new infections came from Barangay BF Homes and Sun Valley, which posted the highest number of active cases at 184 and 102, respectively.

Olivarez said if the spread of the contagious disease could not be contained, he would be forced to do what Navotas City Mayor Tobias Tiangco did.

Navotas City was placed on a two-week lockdown until July 29 because of the rapid rise of Covid-19 cases.

In a memorandum last week, Olivarez ordered the city police chief and village chairmen to strictly enforce the implementation of the health protocols.

He also directed city police chief Col. Robin King Sarmiento to file charges against negligent parents, who allow their children go out in public without face masks and during curfew hours.

“Lalong dumami ang pasaway ngayong nasa [general community quarantine] tayo (There are a lot of stubborn residents now that we are under general community quarantine). They don’t fear being infected with [the] Covid-19 virus, kaya kailangan na talaga siguro ng kamay na bakal (it seems we need to be stricter),” said Olivarez.


date_rangeDate Published
2 weeks ago
shareShare article
folder_openArticle tags
content_copyCategorized under

Share your thoughts with us

Related Articles

Photo Courtesy of Mayor Vico Sottos Facebook page

Pasig hires more than 200 contact tracers 

account_balancePasig chrome_reader_mode6 days ago

Pasig City trained more than 200 contact tracers to ramp up its capability of tracing those exposed to confirmed cases of coronavirus disease (COVID-19). During the period of the enhanced community quarantine (ECQ), Mayor Vico Sotto said personnel o...

Quezon City (QC) Mayor Joy Belmonte / QC PIO

Belmonte supports GCQ extension

account_balanceQuezon City chrome_reader_mode6 days ago

Quezon City (QC) Mayor Joy Belmonte said that she is one of the Metro Manila mayors who want to keep the National Capital Region (NCR) under general community quarantine (GCQ). Belmonte bared this in a press briefing at the QC Memorial Circle, ...

Let's Stay Connected Like us on our Facebook page.
×
Click on the article to continue reading
Liquor ban imposed in Quezon City until Aug. 18 Longer MECQ to hurt economy SSS asked to release funds through branches No medical worker tries Pasig River Ferry LGUs told to go house-to-house for passes PhilHealth executives accused of stealing P15 billion as Senate probe continues Send Press Release MNC Facebook Page MNC Twitter Page MNC Instagram Page LGU Spotlight Barangay Front Business Sports Entertainment Metro Gen Metro Feature