Muntinlupa 3rd best NCR city in child-friendly programs
The Muntinlupa City government ranked third in the National Capital Region (NCR) in the delivery of social services and programs for child and youth welfare, according to a report by Manila Bulletin.
The Department of the Interior and Local Government (DILG) recently released the results of the 2019 Child-Friendly Local Governance Audit (CFLGA), which assessed local government unit (LGU) performance in delivering child-friendly policies, programs and services.
Among the 11 NCR cities eligible for the Seal of Child-Friendly Local Governance, Muntinlupa placed third with a total score of 93.11.
In a joint memorandum circular issued in 2019 by the DILG, Department of Social Welfare and Development, Department of Education, and Department of Health, the criteria for CFLGA were:
– Percentage coverage of fully immunized children aged 12 months old
– Prevalence of malnutrition among children aged 0-59 months old
– Percentage coverage of pregnant adolescents provided with prenatal and postpartum services
– Percentage coverage of children aged 3-4 years old provided with early childhood care and development (ECCD) services, both public and privately managed. and may be center, home, or community-based
– Presence of ECCD services in all barangays, either private or publicly-managed (center, home, community or other modalities)
– Percentage of out-of-school children and youth (OCSY) assisted for enrolment/re-enrolment to school alternative learning system (ALS) or other flexible learning options
– Management of reported cases of children in need of special protection (CNSP)
– Child representation in the Local Council for the Protection of Children (LCPC)
– Development of policy and programs. projects. and activity (PPAs) with children’s participation in the planning, implementation or monitoring phase
– Database on children
– Available and implemented local plans for children
– Updated Local Code for Children (LCC) contextualizing/adopting recently issued national laws on children
– Budget allocated and utilized for children’s programs
– Functional LCPCs
– Child-Friendly Facilities in all barangays
“Ang secret ng resiliency ng Marikina is the partnership between the government and the citizens of Marikina,” said Dave C. David, the chief of the city’s Disaster Risk Reduction and Management Office (DRRMO) in a conference for mul...