Articles worth reading

Muntinlupa News

Muntinlupa mayor protests transfer of Covid-19 prisoners to Bilibid 

account_balanceMuntinlupa News account_circlePaulo Rodriguez chat_bubble_outline0 Comments

Muntinlupa Mayor Jaime Fresnedi opposes the transfer of 18 prisoners at the Correctional Institution for Women (CIW) in Mandaluyong City who tested positive for coronavirus disease (COVID-19) to the New Bilibid Prison (NBP).

Fresnedi said the Bureau of Corrections (BuCor) did not inform the city government when it transferred the prisoners to Muntinlupa.

The city government said the COVID-19 positive prisoners should not have been brought to Muntinlupa at all as it is trying to curb the spread of COVID-19 in the city.

The BuCor announced today that the 18 CIW prisoners and one BuCor medical staff tested positive for the virus after being exposed to a 72-year-old prisoner who was confirmed as being infected with the disease last April 18.

The prisoner was diagnosed with pneumonia, admitted to the Sta. Ana Hospital and later tested positive for COVID-19.

Gabriele Chaclag, head of the BuCor Public Information Office, told the Manila Bulletin last April 18 that the BuCor has designated five buildings inside the NBP medium security camp as isolation areas in case there would be a COVID-19 outbreak among prisoners. The buildings were previously used for livelihood programs of prisoners.

As of April 20, the Muntinlupa City Health Office said there are 121 confirmed COVID-19 cases in the city including 17 deaths and 14 recovered cases. There are also 41 suspect and 189 probable cases in Muntinlupa to date.

The Muntinlupa City government announced that it will isolate all probable and suspect COVID-19 cases in the city.


date_rangeDate Published
5 months ago
shareShare article
folder_openArticle tags
content_copyCategorized under

Share your thoughts with us

Related Articles

Philippine Red Cross

Red Cross to halt PhilHealth-funded virus tests

account_balanceMetro Manila chrome_reader_mode6 days ago

The Philippine Red Cross said it will cease to conduct COVID-19 tests chargeable to the Philippine Health Insurance Corporation (PhilHealth) due to the state health insurer’s inability to settle its “ever-increasing outstanding balance&rd...

Presidential Spokesperson Harry Roque

Antiporda apologizes over remarks against UP experts 

account_balanceMetro Manila chrome_reader_mode6 days ago

Presidential Spokesperson Harry Roque said he disagrees with the remarks made by Environment Undersecretary Benny Antiporda's that experts from the University of the Philippines (UP) have no right to criticize the Manila Bay white beach project, ...

President Rodrigo Duterte and Public Works Secretary Mark Villar

Villar has Duterte’s full trust

account_balanceMetro Manila chrome_reader_mode6 days ago

Public Works Secretary Mark Villar has the full trust and confidence of President Rodrigo Duterte despite allegations of massive corruption within his department, according to a report by Philippine News Agency. In a Palace press briefing, President...

The struggles in 2020 of the casino industry in the Philippines

account_balanceMetro Manila chrome_reader_mode1 month ago

Do you want to learn more about the challenges and predictions for the gambling industry in the Philippines? Find all answers in this article!

Let's Stay Connected Like us on our Facebook page.
×
Click on the article to continue reading
San Andres Sports Complex opens quarantine facility DOH vows to contain measles outbreak MMDA to close another EDSA U-turn Hotels allowed to operate at full capacity Travel agencies ask for 'full refund' from airlines LTO releases new motorcycle plates Send Press Release MNC Facebook Page MNC Twitter Page MNC Instagram Page LGU Spotlight Barangay Front Business Sports Entertainment Metro Gen Metro Feature