Metro Manila News
Skyway builder to close Araneta-Aurora intersection for 7 nights
The Metropolitan Manila Development Authority announced the closure of Araneta-Aurora intersection in Manila starting August 15 (Thursday) from 11 pm to 5 am for 7 consecutive nights.
This is to give way to the launching of girder for the Skyway Stage 3 Project.
An average of 17,000 to 18,000 vehicles will be affected by the closure. They are advised to take the following routes:
FOR LIGHT VEHICLES:
1. From Shaw Boulevard/ V. Mapa, take straight towards Magsaysay Blvd. then Santol Street, right at Palanza, Landargun or Bayani Road, left at G. Araneta to destination and vice versa;
2. Vehicles from Cubao towards Manila area, along Aurora Blvd., right at Guirayan St., left at Palanza, left at Tomas Arguelles St. or Santol St. to Magsaysay Blvd. to destination;
3. Vehicles coming from N. Domingo and Blumentritt, take F. Roman, H. Lozada St. and J. Ruiz St.
4. Vehicles coming from north: along C-3 Sgt. Rivera, right at Bayani, Landargun and Palanza St., left at Santol St., left at Magsaysay Blvd., and take V. Mapa, Old Sta. Mesa to destination
1. From Quezon Avenue, E. Rodriguez Ave., straight towards España Blvd., left Lacson Ave. straight towards Nagtahan to destination (vice versa); or
2. Take Magsaysay Blvd., right at V. Mapa to Shaw Blvd. to destination and vice versa.
The Skyway Stage 3 which is one of the key projects under the “Build, Build, Build” program will connect Buendia to Balintawak. It is seen to reduce travel time for 15 to 20 minutes from the current 2 hours.
Department of Transportation (DOTr) Secretary Arthur Tugade graced the launch of the Refresher Training Course for Railway Operations and Maintenance Personnel of the Philippine Railway Institute (PRI) on October 21 in Mandaluyong City. PRI is ...
Mayor Francisco “Isko Moreno” Domagoso who is celebrating his birthday on October 24 wishes an orderly and peaceful Manila. Responding to requests flooding his social media to take a much-needed break, Domagoso said he cannot rest e...
Quezon City Mayor Joy Belmonte vowed to shut down all massage parlors and spas that offer “extra service’’ or those providing sexual favors in exchange of cash. She said no stone would be left unturned in the campaign, un...
Philippine National Police (PNP) officer-in-charge, Lt. Gen. Archie Francisco Gamboa, has ordered police officers to refrain from playing golf on weekdays. “I am now declaring that there will be no more golf during weekdays. Nobody is exempted...
The Land Transportation Franchising and Regulatory Board (LTFRB) has granted special permits to 855 public buses to supplement public transportation during the All Saints’ Day. The issuance of special permits to these buses ended on the ...
A volunteer who had undergone emergency response training from the Metropolitan Manila Development Authority (MMDA) helped another motorcycle rider who figured in an accident on October 17. Jerome Juanico, 22, member of the MMDA-Metro Manila Em...