Metro Manila News
Skyway builder to close Araneta-Aurora intersection for 7 nights
The Metropolitan Manila Development Authority announced the closure of Araneta-Aurora intersection in Manila starting August 15 (Thursday) from 11 pm to 5 am for 7 consecutive nights.
This is to give way to the launching of girder for the Skyway Stage 3 Project.
An average of 17,000 to 18,000 vehicles will be affected by the closure. They are advised to take the following routes:
FOR LIGHT VEHICLES:
1. From Shaw Boulevard/ V. Mapa, take straight towards Magsaysay Blvd. then Santol Street, right at Palanza, Landargun or Bayani Road, left at G. Araneta to destination and vice versa;
2. Vehicles from Cubao towards Manila area, along Aurora Blvd., right at Guirayan St., left at Palanza, left at Tomas Arguelles St. or Santol St. to Magsaysay Blvd. to destination;
3. Vehicles coming from N. Domingo and Blumentritt, take F. Roman, H. Lozada St. and J. Ruiz St.
4. Vehicles coming from north: along C-3 Sgt. Rivera, right at Bayani, Landargun and Palanza St., left at Santol St., left at Magsaysay Blvd., and take V. Mapa, Old Sta. Mesa to destination
1. From Quezon Avenue, E. Rodriguez Ave., straight towards España Blvd., left Lacson Ave. straight towards Nagtahan to destination (vice versa); or
2. Take Magsaysay Blvd., right at V. Mapa to Shaw Blvd. to destination and vice versa.
The Skyway Stage 3 which is one of the key projects under the “Build, Build, Build” program will connect Buendia to Balintawak. It is seen to reduce travel time for 15 to 20 minutes from the current 2 hours.
The Parañaque Integrated Terminal Exchange (PITX) now hosts more buses bound for Baguio City, according to the Department of Transportation (DOTr). Transportation Undersecretary for Road Transport and Infrastructure Mark Richmund de Leon...
Taguig Mayor Lino Cayetano said corruption has no place in the city following the arrest of a corrupt inspector of the City Assessor’s Office. Mayor Cayetano on Friday lauded the police for their entrapment operation noting that one of th...
The Quezon City Health Department (QCHD) has put up fever surveillance lanes in the city’s health centers to closely monitor cases of dengue, leptospirosis, viral illnesses, and other febrile conditions. City Health Officer Dra. Esperanza...
Manila Mayor Francisco “Isko Moreno” Domagoso berated policemen at Manila Police District (MPD) Station 9 for failing to address an illegal terminal near the Ospital ng Maynila early Sunday. As the Manila Mayor was doing his rounds, he n...
Manila City Mayor Francisco "Isko Moreno" Domagoso asked the Veterinary Inspection Board (VIB) to intensify its routine meat inspections in the nation's capital. During an urgent broadcast of #TheCapitalReport, Domagoso said he has als...
Metro Manila Development Authority (MMDA) General Manager Jojo Garcia has insisted that the yellow lane policy was not an anti-poor traffic solution strategy. “[Paano] naging anti-poor ‘to, ang makikinabang mismo commuters, kasi bibilis ...