Metro Manila News
DPWH to conduct weekend road reblocking
The Department of Public Works and Highways (DPWH) will undertake reblocking and repairs starting 11 p.m. tonight (August 16) until August 19:
1. EDSA fronting Sojen and fronting Chevrolet (5th lane from sidewalk)
2. EDSA from Magallanes – Baclaran Bus Stop to Magallanes – Alabang Bus Stop (outer lane)
3. EDSA Eugenio Lopez – Sct. Borromeo (desilting and construction of manhole)
4. Katipunan Ave. from approach Boni Serrano Tunnel (truck lane)
5. Quezon City along EDSA Southbound between West Avenue and Philam Village (restoration/concreting works)
6. Quirino Highway Theresa Heights and before Belfast (inner lane)
7. Elliptical Rd before Commonwealth Ave. (7th lane from outer sidewalk)
8. General Luis before Oriental Tin NORTHBOUND:
9. EDSA before New York St. (1st lane from sidewalk)
10. C-5 Road C.P Garcia approach to Kalayaan Ave. Ext.
All affected roads will be fully passable by 5 a.m. on Monday, August 19. Motorists are advised to avoid the said areas and use alternate routes instead.
Quezon City officials asked the public to take necessary precautions to prevent casualties during disasters. Councilor Victor Ferrer Jr. asked local residents in flood-prone areas to place important documents in plastic envelopes and store additiona...
TV5 will be among the main Philippine broadcasters for the upcoming 30th Southeast Asian Games from Nov. 30 to Dec. 11 in various locations in Luzon. The broadcasting giant formally announced its participation in bringing the games to national telev...
Around 158 jail officers under the Bureau of Corrections (BuCor) are under investigation after drug convict Yu Yuk Lai confessed that an officer sold her a mobile phone. Correctional Institute for Women (CIW) Acting Superintendent Angie Ba...
Quezon City asked its traffic enforcers to strictly implement road safety measures as road accidents are bound to occur during this festivity. Aside from strictly enforcing the prohibition on driving under the influence of liquor, Councilor Vic...
Barangay West Triangle in Quezon City held an e-waste collection event in collaboration with the national environmental authorities. The collection was carried out under the auspices of the “Safe PCB and E-Waste Management Project” ...
The Philippine Competition Commission (PCC) ordered ride-sharing company Grab Philippines to refund P5.05 million to its riders for breaching its voluntary pricing commitments. “The PCC has imposed a total fine of PHP23.45 million on Grab for ...