Senior high voucher application starts
The Department of Education said online application for the Senior High School (SHS) Voucher Program has started.
The program, administered by the Private Education Assistance Committee, provides financial assistance to qualified SHS students in participating private and non-DepEd public schools.
The Online Voucher Application Portal, which can be accessed here, opened Monday noon.
The DepEd said learners in the following categories need to apply for vouchers:
- All Grade 10 completers in private schools in School Year 2019-2020 who are not Educational Service Contracting (ESC) grantees
- All Grade 10 completers who completed Grade 10 prior to SY 2019-2020 but not earlier than 2016 and had not previously enrolled for Grade 11
- Learners who had passed the Alternative Learning System (ALS) A&E Test for Grade 10 not earlier than 2016, and had not previously enrolled for Grade 11 or will take the ALS A&E Test in SY 2020-2021
- Learners who passed the Philippine Educational Placement Test (PEPT) for Grade 10 not earlier than 2016 and had not previously enrolled for Grade 11 or will take the PEPT in SY 2020-2021
The DepEd noted that the following do not need to apply for vouchers as they are automatically qualified to receive the subsidy:
- All Grade 10 completers in DepEd public schools
- All Grade 10 completers in state universities and colleges, and local universities and colleges
- All Grade 10 completers in private schools who are Educational Service Contracting grantees
Application period will run until July 24, and the results will be posted on August 14, DepEd said.
Manila Mayor Francisco Isko Moreno placed 31 barangays under a 48-hour hard lockdown amid the continuing rise of COVID-19 cases. The lockdown will commence at 12:00 a.m. on July , and will end at 11:59 p.m. on July 5. Moreno said the lockdown will ...
Malacañang Palace expressed optimism about the study on the convalescent plasma transfusion as treatment for the coronavirus disease 2019 (Covid-19) would yield “positive results.” “We hope this study will yield positive res...
Malacañang Palace distanced itself from the lawmakers’ move to rename the Ninoy Aquino International Airport (NAIA) to Paliparang Pandaigdig ng Pilipinas. Presidential Spokesperson Harry Roque said the Palace will leave it to Congress t...
The Department of the Interior and Local Government (DILG) approved Pasay City's plan to provide performance bonus to employees who contributed in attaining performance targets and delivering results. In a letter signed by Secretary Eduardo Ano,...
Heart Evangelista has launched her "Big Heart PH" project, which aims to help equip students with tools for the new normal. In an Instagram post, the Kapuso actress and fashion icon shared how people can get a tablet and free data through ...