70th Palanca Awards accepts entries
The Carlos Palanca Foundation, Inc., the sponsor and organizer of the 70th Carlos Palanca Memorial Awards for Literature, is reminding aspiring Palanca awardees to submit entries before the deadline on 31 May 2022.
This year’s comeback edition of the country’s longest-running and most prestigious literary contest is accepting entries in all of its 22 categories:
- Novel and Nobela categories
- English Division – Short Story, Short Story for Children, Essay, Poetry, Poetry Written for Children, One-act Play, and Full-length Play;
- Filipino Division – Maikling Kuwento, Maikling Kuwentong Pambata, Sanaysay, Tula, Tula Para sa mga Bata, Dulang May Isang Yugto, Dulang Ganap ang Haba, and Dulang Pampelikula;
- Regional Languages Division – Short Story-Cebuano, Short Story-Hiligaynon, and Short Story-Ilokano.
- Kabataan Division – Kabataan Essay and Kabataan Sanaysay
- Kabataan Essay: “Life in the Midst of the Pandemic and Coping in the New Normal”
- Kabataan Sanaysay: “Buhay sa Gitna ng Pandemya at Pagharap sa ‘New Normal’”
Participants may submit only one entry per category. Published/produced works which were first published or first produced between 1 June 2021 to 31 May 2022 and/or unpublished/unproduced works may be entered in the contest. For the Novel and Nobela categories, published works which were first published within a period of two (2) years prior to 31 May 2022 and unpublished works may be submitted. Only unproduced works may be entered in the Dulang Pampelikula category. A work which has been awarded a prize in another contest before 12 midnight of 31 May 2022 is not qualified.
Contest rules and official entry forms are available at Palanca Awards’ official website, www.palancaawards.com.ph
Entries must be submitted online. The Carlos Palanca Foundation will NOT accept printed and email submissions for all categories.
All winners will be honored in a special online ceremony later this year. Contact the CPMA office at email@example.com or at (632) 8843-8277 / (632) 8478-7996. Ask for Ms. Leslie Layoso or Ms. Susan Castillo.
Homebuilder and integrated property developer Vista Land & Lifescapes Inc. will ramp up the launch of residential projects in 2023 to help curb the rising housing backlog as the situation improves with the reopening of the economy, according...
A two-athlete squad from Latvia arrived on Sunday and joined Team Singapore as early birds for the Volleyball World Beach Pro Tour Futures which opens with the qualification round on Dec. 8 at the Subic Bay Sand Court, according to a report by P...
Engineering and construction contractor D.M. Consunji Inc. (DMCI) is eyeing three more contracts to build the Metro Manila Subway Project, according to a report by GMA News. DMCI and its joint venture partner Nishimatsu Construction Co. Ltd. ba...
The main equities index rose anew on Tuesday amidst questions on China’s zero-Covid policy while the peso finished sideways against the United States dollar, according to a report by Philippine News Agency. The Philippine Stock Exchange i...