Metro Manila News
#MNCAdvisory: Metro Manila schools suspend classes
Several local government units in Metro Manila announced the suspension of classes on Friday, August 1 amid the heavy rain and the threat of flooding brought about by the southwest monsoon.
The following schools have announced class suspensions for Friday, August 1:
National Capital Region
- Caloocan City (afternoon classes)
- City of Manila
- Makati City (afternoon classes)
- Malabon City (afternoon classes)
- Marikina City (afternoon classes)
- Las Piñas City (afternoon classes)
- Mandaluyong City (afternoon classes)
- Navotas City (afternoon classes)
- Parañaque City (afternoon classes)
- Pasay City (afternoon classes)
- Pasig City (afternoon classes)
- Pateros (afternoon classes)
- Quezon City (afternoon classes)
- Taguig City (afternoon classes)
- Valenzuela City (afternoon classes)
Sumailalim sa pagsasanay ang mga elementary students, teachers, at ilan pang opisyal patungkol sa Disaster Preparedness. Ilan sa mga tinalakay sa programa ay ang Hazard Mapping, Community Risk Assessment, Basic Extraction, at iba pa. Ang pagsasanay ...
The National Capital Region Police Office (NCRPO) arrested 293 drug suspects who are considered high-value targets (HVTs) from June 2018 to June 2019, an official said Monday. Based on its data, NCRPO head, Maj. Gen. Guillermo Eleazar said the inten...
A Malabon City councilor withdrew a proposal to require motorcycle drivers to get police-issued clearance stickers. Councilor Paulo Oreta, who sponsored the measure, said the proposed ‘Clean Riders Code of 2019‘ was withdr...
The Department of Environment and Natural Resources (DENR) ordered the Navotas City government to clean up Bangkulasi River until the end of the year. The department earlier identified Bangkulasi River as one of the filthy waterways draining into th...
A new public market zone that will be opened this year will keep the roads of Marikina City free from obstruction, according to Marikina City Mayor Marcelino “Marcy” Teodoro. Teodoro said the P11-million Marikina City Bagong Sibol ...
The Philippine Drug Enforcement Agency (PDEA) has welcomed the Polytechnic University of the Philippines' (PUP) move to have students and faculty members undergo random drug tests, in support to the government's anti-drug campaign. PDEA Dire...