Metro Manila News
#MNCAdvisory: Metro Manila schools suspend classes
Several local government units in Metro Manila announced the suspension of classes on Friday, August 1 amid the heavy rain and the threat of flooding brought about by the southwest monsoon.
The following schools have announced class suspensions for Friday, August 1:
National Capital Region
- Caloocan City (afternoon classes)
- City of Manila
- Makati City (afternoon classes)
- Malabon City (afternoon classes)
- Marikina City (afternoon classes)
- Las Piñas City (afternoon classes)
- Mandaluyong City (afternoon classes)
- Navotas City (afternoon classes)
- Parañaque City (afternoon classes)
- Pasay City (afternoon classes)
- Pasig City (afternoon classes)
- Pateros (afternoon classes)
- Quezon City (afternoon classes)
- Taguig City (afternoon classes)
- Valenzuela City (afternoon classes)
Arnis bolstered Team Philippines’ campaign in the 30th Southeast Asian Games. The Filipino arnis warriors copped two more gold medals in the anyo (form) competitions to wrap up their campaign with a total of 14 mints at the end of the mee...
The Civil Relations Service – Armed Forces of the Philippines (CRS-AFP) band performed at Wish FM 107.5 Bus in the Lapu-Lapu Grandstand in Camp Aguinaldo on December 2. The CRS-AFP band performed three of its original songs that spoke of ...
Thirty-two former illegal drug addicts have graduated from the community-based rehabilitation program of Navotas known as Bidahan. Bidahan participants underwent a 3-day retreat, a series of counselling sessions for six and 18 months, and random dru...
The Philippine National Police (PNP) reported that no untoward incident was recorded during the opening of the 30th edition of the Southeast Asian (SEA) Games at the 50,000-seat Philippine Arena in Bulacan on November 30. “PNP lauds the f...
The Philippine Plastics Industry Association Inc. (PPIA) warned that the proposal imposing an excise tax on single-use plastic bags can have a negative economic impact. During the hearing of the House Committee on Ways and Means, PPIA president...
The Marikina City Disaster Risk Reduction and Management Office (CDRRMO) advised residents to be on alert as Typhoon Tisoy (international name: Kammuri) is expected to hit the country on Monday night. CDRRMO and Marikina Rescue 161 chief D...