Metro Manila News
#MNCAdvisory: Meralco maintenance schedule, July 15-21
Here is a list of areas across Metro Manila that will be affected by Meralco’s maintenance schedule for July 15 to July 21, 2019:
Makati City (Urdaneta)
July 15-16, 2019, Monday to Tuesday, Between 10 p.m. and 4 a.m.
- Portion of Apartment Ridge Road from Urdaneta Ave. to and including Ritz Tower.
Reason: Installation of facilities along Apartment Ridge Road, Bgy. Urdaneta, Makati City.
Makati City (Guadalupe Nuevo)
July 20, 2019, Saturday, Between 9 a.m. and 2 p.m.
- Portion of La Consolacion St. from Orense St. to and including Guadalupe Police Station, Guadalupe Catholic School and Guadalupe Nuevo Health Center.
Reason: Reconductoring of primary lines along Orense St. in Bgy. Guadalupe Nuevo, Makati City.
Malabon City (Potrero) and Caloocan City (Bagong Barrio)
July 16-17, 2019, Tuesday to Wednesday, Between 11 p.m. and 11:30 p.m. and then between 4:30 a.m. and 5 a.m.
- Portion of Victoneta Ave. from White Lily St. to near Jasmin St. including Waling – Waling, Gumamela, Santan, Camia and Poinsettia Sts.; and Industrial Road 1 in Bgy. Potrero, Malabon City.
- Portion of Jasmin St. from Lirio St. to White Lily St. in Bgy. Potrero, Malabon City.
- Portion of Circumferential Road from Everlasting St. to Jasmin St. in Bgy. Potrero, Malabon City.
- Portion of White Lily St. from Everlasting St. to Jasmin St. in Bgy. Potrero, Malabon City.
Between 11 p.m. and 5 a.m.
- Portion of Victoneta Ave. from near Waling-Waling St. to North Luzon Expressway (NLEX) West Service Road including Reparo Road Ext., Reparo Road (Libis) and Industrial Road 2; Bagong Lote, Engineering 1 & 2, Yellow Bell, Yellow Bell Ext., Orchid, Sampaguita, Dama De Noche, Dahlia, Amarillo, Ilang-Ilang, Gladiola, Rosal, Doña Aurora and Sunflower Sts.; and Gonzales Estate Subd. in Bgy. Potrero, Malabon City.
- Portion of Circumferential Road from Victoneta Ave. to Doña Aurora St. in Bgy. Potrero, Malabon City.
- Portion of White Lily St. from Rosal St. to Dahlia St. in Bgy. Potrero, Malabon City.
- Portion of Jasmin St. from Victoneta Ave. to near Waling – Waling St. in Potero, Malabon City.
- Portion of North Luzon Expressway (NLEX) West Service Road from Pangako St. in Bagong Barrio, Caloocan City to NLEX – Balintawak Toll Plaza in Bgy. Potrero, Malabon City.
- Portion of Reparo Road from Gen. Evangelista St. to and including Pili and Ipil-Ipil Sts. in Bagong Barrio, Caloocan City.
- Portion of Peta St. from Reparo Road to Narra St. in Bagong Barrio, Caloocan City.
- Portion of Gen. Tirona St. from Reparo Road to near M. De Castro St. in Bagong Barrio, Caloocan City.
Reason: Upgrading of facilities along Victoneta Ave. in Bgy. Potrero, Malabon City.
July 20, 2019, Saturday, Between 7 a.m. and 1 p.m.
- Portion of M. H. Del Pilar St. from Meralco – Malabon substation to Gov. Pascual Ave. in Bgy. Tugatog.
- Portion of Gov. Pascual Ave. from M. H. Del Pilar St. to and including Hernandez St.; Samahang Maralita Ng Catmon Subd., Sapadaca Subd. and Malabon People’s Village in Bgy. Catmon.
- Portion of Bustamante St. from Sanciangco St. to and including Jallen Metals Enterprises in Bgy. Tinajeros.
- Portion of Sanciangco St. from Gov. Pascual Ave. to Sanchez St. including Malabon City Station Headquarters and Malabon City Jail in Bgy. Catmon.
Reason: Upgrading of facilities along Sanciangco St. in Bgy. Catmon, Malabon City.
Manila (Sta. Cruz and Tondo)
July 16, 2019, Tuesday, Between 8:30 a.m. and 9 a.m.
- Portion of Antipolo St. from Meralco - North Port substation along PNR Rail road tracks in Tondo to Felix Huertas St. in Sta. Cruz including Ipil, Severino Reyes and Makata Sts. in Tondo; and Oroquieta St. in Sta. Cruz.
- Portion of Felix Huertas St. from Antipolo St. to Batangas St. including Laguna St. in Sta. Cruz.
Between 8:30 a.m. and 2:30 p.m.
- Portion of Almeda St. from Antipolo St. to Batangas St. in Tondo.
Reason: Replacement of poles and line reconductoring works along Almeda St. in Tondo, Manila.
Manila (Malate) and Pasay City
July 18, 2019, Thursday, Between 7:30 a.m. and 8 a.m. and then between 3 p.m. and 3:30 p.m.
- Portion of San Andres St. from Leon Guinto Sr. St. to and including A. Mabini, A. Vasquez and Madre Ignacia Sts. in Malate, Manila.
- Portion of Leon Guinto Sr. St. from San Andres St. to Pablo Ocampo Sr. St. including Sandejas St.; De La Salle – College of St. Benilde, BPI and Jollibee Restaurant in Malate, Manila.
- Portion of Taft Ave. from near Pablo Ocampo Sr. St. to P. Samonte St. including San Juan and Donada Sts.; Standard Service Center, San Isidro Catholic School, Metrobank and Manila Sanitarium Hospital in Pasay City.
- Portion of A. Luna St. from Sen. Gil Puyat Ave. to near Antonio Arnaiz Ave. including Villaruel and Dancel Sts.; Cirimar Laboratories, Cartimar Market and Philippine Pasay Chung Hua Academy in Pasay City.
- Portion of Leveriza St. from Villaruel St. to near Antonio Arnaiz Ave. including Mabolo, Tupaz, Lukban, Cinco De Junio and Col. Doro Sts. in Pasay City.
Reason: Maintenance works inside Meralco - Malate substation.
July 20-21, 2019, Saturday to Sunday, Between 11:30 p.m. and 5:30 a.m.
- Portion of España Blvd. from Doña Amparo Bldg. to P. Campa St.
- Portion of P. Campa St. from España Blvd. to Sergio H. Loyola St.
- Portion of Sergio H. Loyola St. from near G. M. Tolentino St. to and including Gota De Leche Foundation, K. B. Lepanto Bldg. and Juan Luna Elementary School; and Cataluna St.
Reason: Line reconductoring works at various areas in Sampaloc, Manila.
Pasig City (Maybunga)
July 17, 2019, Wednesday, Between 10 a.m. and 4 p.m.
- Portion of West Bank Road (Floodway) from F. Legaspi St. in Bgy. Maybunga, Pasig City.
Reason: Installation of facilities along West Bank Road (Floodway) in Bgy. Maybunga, Pasig City.
Two companies have launched the Cavite-Manila Ferry Service on December 7 and agreed to offer it for free to passengers for a month. During the launch of the project dubbed “#OkayKaFerryKo”, ferry operators Seaborne Shipping Co...
Typhoon "Tisoy" (international name Kammuri) maintained its strength it moved west toward Mindoro. In its 8 a.m. severe weather update Tuesday, the Philippine Atmospheric, Geophysical and Astronomical Services Administration (PAGASA) ...
State-run Social Security System (SSS) said thru-the-bank pensioners who availed the advance 18 months pension will receive their 13th month pension starting December 10. SSS President and Chief Executive Officer Aurora C. Ignacio said the releases ...
The Philippine Southeast Asian Games Organizing Committee (Phisgoc) said there is no need to extend the ongoing 30th SEA Games as contingency plans are in place for the sports events to be affected by Typhoon Tisoy. Phisgoc COO Tats Suzara said stre...
The National Capital Region Police Office (NCRPO) deployed some Muslim police officers to various events of the 30th Southeast Asian (SEA) Games. NCRPO chief, Brig. Gen. Debold Sinas said he made the decision to deploy Muslim cops followin...
President Rodrigo Duterte wants the next Philippine National Police (PNP) chief to eliminate drug lords in the country. In an interview over GMA’s Unang Hirit, Duterte said it was not enough to be recommended with a list of contenders for...