Metro Manila News
#MNCAdvisory: Meralco maintenance schedule, August 5 – August 11
Here is a list of areas across Metro Manila that will be affected by Meralco’s maintenance schedule for August 5 to August 11, 2019:
Mandaluyong City (Plainview)
August 8, 2019, Thursday, between 9:00 a.m. and 3:00 p.m.
- Portion of San Rafael St. from Celia St. to and including Lourdes, Sta. Ana and Sta. Lucia Sts.
- Portion of Dr. Jose Fabella Road from M. Martinez Ave. to Daang Bakal St.
REASON: Replacement of rotten pole and line reconductoring works along San Rafael St. in Bgy. Plainview, Mandaluyong City.
August 7-8, 2019. Wednesday to Thursday, between 11:30 p.m. and 5:30 a.m.
- Portion of Soler St. from Claro M. Recto Ave. to near Roman St. including R & S Tower and Aceada Realty Corp.
REASON: Relocation of facilities and line reconductoring works along Soler St. in Binondo, Manila.
Manila (Paco and Sta. Ana)
August 11, 2019, Sunday, between 8:30 a.m. and 9:00 a.m. and then between 2:00 p.m. and 2:30 p.m.
- Portion of Pres. Quirino Ave. from United Nations Ave. to Peñafrancia St. in Paco.
- Portion of San Andres and Augusto Francisco Sts. from Pres. Sergio Osmeña Highway to Tejeron St. including Alabastro, Concha, Diamante and Onyx Sts.; Roads 3, 4, 7 and 15; and PLDT Compound in Sta. Ana.
Between 8:30 a.m. and 2:30 p.m.
- Portion of Peñafrancia St. from Pres. Quirino Ave. to and including Peninsula Garden Midtown Homes; Sto. Sepulcro and San Antonio Sts. in Paco.
REASON: Line reconductoring works and installation of additional lightning protection devices along Peñafrancia St. in Paco, Manila.
August 7-8, 2019, Wednesday to Thursday, between 11:00 p.m. and 5:00 a.m.
- Along A. Leongson St. from Mariano Naval St. to and including A. Leongson St. Ext. in Bgy. San Roque.
REASON: Installation of new concrete poles, line reconductoring works and installation of additional lightning protection devices along A. Leonson St. in Bgy. San Roque, Navotas City.
Taguig City (Signal Village)
Augut 6-7, 2019, Tuesday to Wednesday, between 11:00 p.m. and 4:00 a.m.
- Dreamland Subd. along Ma. Rodriguez Tinga Ave.
REASON: Line reconductoring works in Dreamland Subd. in Bgy. Signal Village, Taguig City.
Taguig City (Upper Bicutan)
August 10, 2019, Saturday, between 1:00 p.m. and 1:30 p.m.
- Portion of Manalili St. from Lapu – Lapu St. to and including Department of Science and Technology (DOST) Compound; Purok 1 – 4; Rica Huerta, Manalo, Legaspi, San Juan, Pisado, Chavez, Bonifacio, Diaz, Reyes, Deano and Villa Sts.
REASON: Retirement and installation of facilities in Bgy. Upper Bicutan, Taguig City.
August 6-7, 2019, Tuesday to Wednesday, between 11:00 p.m. and 11:30 p.m. and the between 3:30 a.m. and 4:00 a.m.
- Portion of NIA Road and Scout Borromeo St. from near Sgt. Esguerra Ave. to BIR Road including Philippine Drug Enforcement Agency (PDEA), Francesca Tower, CM Pancho Construction Inc. Head Office and Max's Restaurant in Bgys. Pinyahan and South Triangle. Portion of Epifanio Delos Santos Ave. (EDSA) from NIA Road to and including National Irrigation Administration, PNB, National Printing Office and McDonalds in Bgy. Pinyahan. Portion of BIR Road from NIA Road to Quezon Ave. including PAGASA Science Garden Complex and Philippine Reclamation Authority in Bgy. Central. Portion of Quezon Ave. from BIR Road to and including Ninoy Aquino Parks & Wildlife, Philippine Blood Disease & Blood Transfusion Center, National Grid Corporation of the Phils. (NGCP) and National Power Corp. (NPC) Building in Bgy. Central. Portion of Agham Road from Quezon Ave. to North Ave. in Bgys. Central and Bagong Pag-asa. Portion of North Ave. from Agham Road to and including The Landmark Trinoma, MRT North Depot, Philippine Medical Association, Informatics College, ABS-CBN Vertis Tent and Cuz Venture Inc. in Bgy. Bagong Pag-asa.
Between 11:00 p.m. and 4:00 a.m.
- Portion of NIA Road from near Philippine Drug Enforcement Agency to and including Philippine Post Office Quezon City in Bgy. Pinyahan. Thisisit Gaming Inc. along Timog Ave. in Bgy. South Triangle. Archipelago Builders along Samar Ave. in Bgy. South Triangle.
REASON: Relocation of facilities along NIA Road, Bgy. Pinyahan, Quezon City.
San Miguel Corporation (SMC) said it re-opened the third at-grade lane of the Skyway and inaugurated a new, two-lane steel ramp connecting the Alabang viaduct to the elevated Skyway. The additional lanes are seen to ease traffic on the South Lu...
The National Capital Region Police Office (NCRPO) deployed some Muslim police officers to various events of the 30th Southeast Asian (SEA) Games. NCRPO chief, Brig. Gen. Debold Sinas said he made the decision to deploy Muslim cops followin...
Several members of the Philippine Army bagged gold medals at various sports competitions in December 1 and 2 during the 30th South East Asian Games. They were able to win a total of seven gold medals from Speak Takraw, Arnis, Judo, and Basketball ev...
The Philippine National Police (PNP) vowed to intensify its campaign against illegal drugs focusing on high-value targets (HVTs). PNP spokesperson Brig. Gen. Bernard Banac made the remark after President Rodrigo Duterte said he wants the n...
Typhoon "Tisoy" (international name Kammuri) maintained its strength it moved west toward Mindoro. In its 8 a.m. severe weather update Tuesday, the Philippine Atmospheric, Geophysical and Astronomical Services Administration (PAGASA) ...
Three schools in Manila are suspending classes this week as the city hosts some of the sports events of the 30th Southeast Asian Games. Manila Mayor Francisco “Isko Moreno” Domagoso announced the suspension of classes at two state-run un...