Metro Manila News
#MNCAdvisory: Meralco maintenance schedule, August 5 – August 11
Here is a list of areas across Metro Manila that will be affected by Meralco’s maintenance schedule for August 5 to August 11, 2019:
Mandaluyong City (Plainview)
August 8, 2019, Thursday, between 9:00 a.m. and 3:00 p.m.
- Portion of San Rafael St. from Celia St. to and including Lourdes, Sta. Ana and Sta. Lucia Sts.
- Portion of Dr. Jose Fabella Road from M. Martinez Ave. to Daang Bakal St.
REASON: Replacement of rotten pole and line reconductoring works along San Rafael St. in Bgy. Plainview, Mandaluyong City.
August 7-8, 2019. Wednesday to Thursday, between 11:30 p.m. and 5:30 a.m.
- Portion of Soler St. from Claro M. Recto Ave. to near Roman St. including R & S Tower and Aceada Realty Corp.
REASON: Relocation of facilities and line reconductoring works along Soler St. in Binondo, Manila.
Manila (Paco and Sta. Ana)
August 11, 2019, Sunday, between 8:30 a.m. and 9:00 a.m. and then between 2:00 p.m. and 2:30 p.m.
- Portion of Pres. Quirino Ave. from United Nations Ave. to Peñafrancia St. in Paco.
- Portion of San Andres and Augusto Francisco Sts. from Pres. Sergio Osmeña Highway to Tejeron St. including Alabastro, Concha, Diamante and Onyx Sts.; Roads 3, 4, 7 and 15; and PLDT Compound in Sta. Ana.
Between 8:30 a.m. and 2:30 p.m.
- Portion of Peñafrancia St. from Pres. Quirino Ave. to and including Peninsula Garden Midtown Homes; Sto. Sepulcro and San Antonio Sts. in Paco.
REASON: Line reconductoring works and installation of additional lightning protection devices along Peñafrancia St. in Paco, Manila.
August 7-8, 2019, Wednesday to Thursday, between 11:00 p.m. and 5:00 a.m.
- Along A. Leongson St. from Mariano Naval St. to and including A. Leongson St. Ext. in Bgy. San Roque.
REASON: Installation of new concrete poles, line reconductoring works and installation of additional lightning protection devices along A. Leonson St. in Bgy. San Roque, Navotas City.
Taguig City (Signal Village)
Augut 6-7, 2019, Tuesday to Wednesday, between 11:00 p.m. and 4:00 a.m.
- Dreamland Subd. along Ma. Rodriguez Tinga Ave.
REASON: Line reconductoring works in Dreamland Subd. in Bgy. Signal Village, Taguig City.
Taguig City (Upper Bicutan)
August 10, 2019, Saturday, between 1:00 p.m. and 1:30 p.m.
- Portion of Manalili St. from Lapu – Lapu St. to and including Department of Science and Technology (DOST) Compound; Purok 1 – 4; Rica Huerta, Manalo, Legaspi, San Juan, Pisado, Chavez, Bonifacio, Diaz, Reyes, Deano and Villa Sts.
REASON: Retirement and installation of facilities in Bgy. Upper Bicutan, Taguig City.
August 6-7, 2019, Tuesday to Wednesday, between 11:00 p.m. and 11:30 p.m. and the between 3:30 a.m. and 4:00 a.m.
- Portion of NIA Road and Scout Borromeo St. from near Sgt. Esguerra Ave. to BIR Road including Philippine Drug Enforcement Agency (PDEA), Francesca Tower, CM Pancho Construction Inc. Head Office and Max's Restaurant in Bgys. Pinyahan and South Triangle. Portion of Epifanio Delos Santos Ave. (EDSA) from NIA Road to and including National Irrigation Administration, PNB, National Printing Office and McDonalds in Bgy. Pinyahan. Portion of BIR Road from NIA Road to Quezon Ave. including PAGASA Science Garden Complex and Philippine Reclamation Authority in Bgy. Central. Portion of Quezon Ave. from BIR Road to and including Ninoy Aquino Parks & Wildlife, Philippine Blood Disease & Blood Transfusion Center, National Grid Corporation of the Phils. (NGCP) and National Power Corp. (NPC) Building in Bgy. Central. Portion of Agham Road from Quezon Ave. to North Ave. in Bgys. Central and Bagong Pag-asa. Portion of North Ave. from Agham Road to and including The Landmark Trinoma, MRT North Depot, Philippine Medical Association, Informatics College, ABS-CBN Vertis Tent and Cuz Venture Inc. in Bgy. Bagong Pag-asa.
Between 11:00 p.m. and 4:00 a.m.
- Portion of NIA Road from near Philippine Drug Enforcement Agency to and including Philippine Post Office Quezon City in Bgy. Pinyahan. Thisisit Gaming Inc. along Timog Ave. in Bgy. South Triangle. Archipelago Builders along Samar Ave. in Bgy. South Triangle.
REASON: Relocation of facilities along NIA Road, Bgy. Pinyahan, Quezon City.
Mobile broadband users in Metro Manila have much faster download speed compared to their counterparts in Cebu or Davao, according to analytics firm Opensignal. Opensignal said that in its analysis of download and upload speed experience in five of t...
Pasig Mayor Vico Sotto proposed a three-fold increase in the city’s budget for medicines for 2020 to ensure wider access for patients. In a Facebook post, Sotto shared that he wants the budget for medicine to be raised to P253.5 million from t...
The Parañaque Integrated Terminal Exchange (PITX) now hosts more buses bound for Baguio City, according to the Department of Transportation (DOTr). Transportation Undersecretary for Road Transport and Infrastructure Mark Richmund de Leon...
From just four types, a senator is pressing the Department of Public Works and Highways (DPWH) to debut next year a fifth – elevated walkways – in its infrastructure menu. “It is time to elevate wide pedestrian and bike lanes, whet...
Makati Mayor Abby Binay disclosed that the city government has paid more than P18 million to five cinema-partners for free movie tickets issued to senior citizens and persons with disability (PWD) in the first six months of 2019. The mayor said...
More than 23,000 kilos of various wastes, mostly plastic, were recently collected by Malabon City environment department from its waterways. The cleaning operation is being conducted every weekend on the city’s 18 waterways, including cre...