Metro Manila News
#MNCAdvisory: Meralco maintenance schedule, August 12 – August 18
Here is a list of areas across Metro Manila that will be affected by Meralco’s maintenance schedule for August 12 to August 18, 2019:
Las Pinas City
August 14, 2019, Wednesday, between 9:00 a.m. and 1:00 p.m.
- Veraville Homes 3 Subd. along Marcos Alvarez Ave. in Bgy. Talon V.
REASON: Line reconductoring works inside Veraville Homes 3 Subd. in Bgy. Talon V, Las Piñas City.
Makati City (Comembo) and Pateros
August 15-16, Thursday to Friday, between 11:30 p.m. and 11:59 p.m. and then between 4:00 a.m. and 4:30 a.m.
- Portion of J. P. Rizal St. Ext. and B. Morcilla St. from near Sampaguita St. in Bgy. Comembo, Makati City to and including Pateros Catholic School, 7-Eleven Store, Chowking, Watson Drug Store, San Roque Parish Church and McDonald’s Restaurant in Pateros; Kamagong, Pioneer, Macopa, Balimbing, Langka, Avocado and Mabolo Sts. in Bgy. Comembo, Makati City.
Between 11:30 p.m. and 4:30 a.m.
- Portion of P. Herrera St. from S. Castillo St. to and including Pateros Municipal Compound along G. de Borja St.; Grand Villa Resort, Takuza Ramen and ACE Medical Center in Bgys. Aguho, San Pedro and Poblacion in Pateros.
- Portion of G. De Borja St. from P. Herrera St. to and including T. Sulit and E. Quiogue Sts. in Bgy. Aguho, Pateros.
REASON: Line reconstruction and reconductoring works along P. Herrera St. in Bgys. Aguho and San Pedro in Pateros.
August 18, 2019, Sunday, between 9:00 a.m. and 3:00 p.m.
- Portion of B. Valdez St. from Salamanca St. to and including Century City Lifestyle Center, The Knightsbridge Residences, Centuria Medical Makati, The Milano Residences and Century Spire in Bgy. Poblacion.
REASON: Line reconductoring works along B. Valdez St. in Bgy. Poblacion, Makati City.
Manila (Sta. Mesa)
August 13-14, 2019, Tuesday to Wednesday, between 11:00 p.m. and 5:00 a.m.
- Portion of Ramon Magsaysay Blvd. from SM City – Sta. Mesa to near Central Colleges of the Philippines.
REASON: Relocation of facilities affected by Skyway Stage 3 construction along G. Araneta Ave. in Sta. Mesa, Manila.
Manila (San Miguel)
August 14 – 15, 2019, Wednesday to Thursday, between 11:30 p.m. and 5:30 a.m.
- Portion of Arlegui St. from Mendiola St. to near San Rafael St. including La Consolacion College Manila Auditorium.
- Portion of Aguado St. from Dr. Jose P. Laurel St. to near Aguado St. Ext. including Bonifacio Hall and New Executive Building in Malacañang Palace Grounds.
REASON: Replacement of poles and conversion of facilities along Arlegui St. in San Miguel, Manila.
Manila (Sta. Cruz, Sampaloc and Tondo)
August 17, 2019, Saturday, between 8:30 a.m. an 9:00 a.m. and then between 2:00 p.m. and 2:30 p.m.
- Portion of Quiricada St. from Almeda St. in Tondo to Rizal Ave. in Sta. Cruz including Yakal and San Nicolas Sts. in Tondo; Ipil and Leon II Sts. in Sta. Cruz.
- Portion of Bambang St. from near Jose Abad Santos Ave. to Yakal St. in Tondo.
- Portion of Rizal Ave. from Bambang St. to near Tayuman St. in Sta. Cruz.
- Portion of Alvarez St. from Rizal Ave. to A. Mendoza St. (Andalucia) in Sta. Cruz.
- Portion of M. Natividad St. from Alvarez St. to near Bambang St. in Sta. Cruz.
- Portion of Oroquieta St. from Alvarez St. to near Bambang St. in Sta. Cruz.
- Portion of M. Hizon St. from Alvarez St. to near Bambang St. in Sta. Cruz.
- Portion of Felix Huertas St. from Bambang St. to near San Lazaro St. in Sta. Cruz.
- Portion of Sulu St. from Quiricada St. to Alvarez St. in Sta. Cruz.
- Portion of P. Guevarra St. from Bambang St. to near San Lazaro St. in Sta. Cruz.
- Portion of Kalimbas St. from Alvarez St. to Bambang St. in Sta. Cruz.
- Portion of Milagros St. from Alvarez St. to Quiricada St. in Sta. Cruz.
- Portion of Laong Laan St. from A. Mendoza St. (Andalucia) in Sta. Cruz to and including Antonio and Juaning Sts. in Sampaloc.
Between 8:30 a.m. and 2:30 p.m.
- Portion of Oroquieta St. from Alvarez St. to Tayuman St. in Sta. Cruz.
- Portion of Quiricada St. from Rizal Ave. to M. Hizon St. in Sta. Cruz.
- Portion of San Lazaro St. from Rizal Ave. to Oroquieta St. in Sta. Cruz.
- Portion of Malabon St. from Rizal Ave. to Felix Huertas St. in Sta. Cruz.
- Portion of Rizal Ave. from Quiricada St. to near San Lazaro St. in Sta. Cruz.
- Portion of M. Hizon St. from Quiricada St. to near San Lazaro St. in Sta. Cruz.
- Portion of M. Natividad St. from Malabon St. to near San Lazaro St. in Sta. Cruz.
- Portion of Felix Huertas St. from Malabon St. to near San Lazaro St. in Sta. Cruz.
REASON: Line reconductoring works along Oroquieta St. in Sta. Cruz, Manila.
Persons with disability (PWDs) from various barangays of District 2 in Taguig City gathered at the Lakeshore Hall for the Disability Awareness and Sensitivity Workshop and to celebrate their birthdays. As a caring community, Taguig continu...
Philippine National Police (PNP) chief, Gen. Oscar Albayalde on Tuesday said the need for a tight watch on the activities of foreign business establishments near vital installations is to allay fears of espionage. “It is part of our security p...
The local government of Marikina City has recently revived the distribution of Nutribun breads to the city’s public school children, as it targets to end malnutrition by 2020. “We want all children in the city to be healthy and happy by ...
The Metro Manila Development Authority (MMDA) expects traffic in EDSA to worsen with the onset of the so-called “ber” months. MMDA said this was because of the increased volume of private vehicles. “Close to 300,000 ang ...
Manila Mayor Francisco “Isko Moreno” Domagoso berated policemen at Manila Police District (MPD) Station 9 for failing to address an illegal terminal near the Ospital ng Maynila early Sunday. As the Manila Mayor was doing his rounds, he n...
Jollibee Foods Corporation (JFC), the largest fast food operator in the Philippines, on Friday signed an agreement with the local government of Manila to hire senior citizens and persons with disabilities (PWDs) for their stores located in the city. ...