Metro Manila News
#MNCAdvisory: Meralco announces maintenance schedule on Sept. 9 to 15
Here is a list of areas across Metro Manila that will be affected by Meralco’s maintenance schedule for September 9 to September 15, 2019:
Caloocan City, Quezon City and Valenzuela City
September 15, 2019, Sunday, between 9:00a.m. and 9:30a.m. and then between 2:30p.m. and 3:00p.m.
- Portion of Quirino Highway from Pipit St. to near Bernardino St. including Interville I Subd., La Trinidad Ville Subd., Villa Sabina Subd., Villilia Ville Subd., Arty Subd., Cadaing Subd., Carreon Subd., Gloria 5 Subd., Jem 7 Subd., Pleasantville Subd., Silvina Ville Subd., San Agustin Ville Subd.; Ascon, Cuadra, Piko and J. P. Ramoy Sts.; Ever Supermarket Quirino, McDonald’s Restaurant, Mercury Drug, Placido Del Mundo Elementary School, Blessed Sacrament Catholic School, St. Raphaela Mary School, Rhodeco Rubber Processing Services Inc., Manila Rubber Corp. (MRC), Amigo Steel Industies, Elgie Packaging Equipment Inc., Philips Wire & Cable Co., HK-Shanghai Food Products Inc., Aeon Rubber Tech Inc., Man Automotive Corp., Modern Art Marketing Corp., London Industrial Products Inc., Talipapa Food Services Inc., Edmel Engine Rebuilding Service & Trading Co., Harmonic Seven Inc. and Southlink Packaging & Adhesives Co. in Bgys. Talipapa and Ugong in Quezon City.
- Portion of Mindanao Ave. from Magnolia St. to near Mindanao Exit including GSIS Hills Subd., Del Nacia Ville 3 Subd., Salvador C Biglang - Awa Subd., St. Dominic Subd. Phase 9 and Villa Florencia Subd. in Bgy. Talipapa, Quezon City; Barrios Compound, Doña Marciana Subd., Hobart Village 2 and Sitio Sulok; and Toyota Mindanao Avenue in Bgy. Ugong, Valenzuela City.
Between 9:00a.m. and 3:00p.m.
- Portion of Quirino Highway from SM Hypermarket in Bgy. Sta. Quiteria, Caloocan City to Solville Subd. including St. Martin Ville Subd.; and Del – Nacia St.; San Bartolome High School, The Manors, El Pueblo Condominium, BNY Jeans, New Quality Products Mfg., Winplas Industries Inc., Philippine Polytech Mfg. Inc., Grillrich Infinity Inc., Philippine Carbon Dioxide Corp., Oriental Rope Mfg. Corp., Maxipro Development Corp. and Starlite Plastic Industrial in Bgy. Talipapa, Quezon City; West Wing Villas Subd.; and Ascon St. in Bgy. Sta. Quiteria, Caloocan City.
REASON: Relocation of facilities along Quirino Highway, Bgy. Talipapa, Quezon City.
September 12 – 13, 2019, Thursday to Friday, between 11:30p.m. (THU., 09/12/19) and 4:30a.m. (FRI., 09/13/19)
- Portion of South Luzon Expressway (SLEX) West Service Road from South Luzon Expressway (SLEX) Alabang Exit to Alabang – Zapote Road including Rizal Village, Sitio Rizal and Blossom Arts Compound; and Alabang Corporate Center Building in Bgys. Alabang, Cupang and Sucat.
REASON: Replacement of poles and line reconstruction works along South Luzon Expressway (SLEX) in Bgys. Alabang, Cupang and Sucat in Muntinlupa City.
Pasay City and Parañaque City
September 12, 2019, Thursday, between 12:01a.m. and 5:00a.m.
- Portion of NAIA Road from Domestic Road in Pasay City to near Gabriel St. in Bgy. Baclaran, Parañaque City.
REASON: Repair works along Airport Road corner Domestic Road in Pasay City.
Quezon City (Matandang Balara)
September 12, 2019, Thursday, between 1:00a.m. and 8:00a.m.
- Portion of Don Mariano Marcos Ave. (Commonwealth) from Meralco – Diliman substation in U. P. Campus to near Capitol Homes Drive including Red Ribbon Bakeshop, Diliman Preparatory School, Mary the Queen College of Science and Technology, St. Peter’s Memorial Chapels, Berkeley Square, CW Home Depot – Commonwealth, Diliman Doctor’s Hospital, Loyola – Commonwealth, Diamond Laboratories and Toyota – Commonwealth; Calderon Compound, Feria Compound and Commonwealth Village.
REASON: Line reconstruction works along Don Mariano Marcos Ave. (Commonwealth) in Bgy. Matandang Balara, Quezon City.
September 14, 2019, Saturday, between 12:01a.m. and 5:00a.m.
- Portion of Kamias Road near Anonas St. in Bgy. East Kamias.
- Portion of Matipid St. from Anonas St. Ext. to and including Mapagkumbaba St. in Bgy. Sikatuna Village.
REASON: Relocation of facilities along Anonas St. Ext. in Bgy. Sikatuna Village, Quezon City.
Metro Rail Transit Line 3 (MRT-3) will offer free rides to government employees on September 19. In its advisory, the MRT-3 announced that the free rides will be free from 7 a.m to 9 a.m and 5 p.m to 7 p.m. The initiative is in celebratio...
The Philippine Charity Sweepstakes Office (PCSO) had donated P1 million to the Gat Andres Bonifacio Memorial Medical Center (GABMMC) in Tondo, Manila. PCSO General Manager Royina Garma said the P1-million aid will be used to improve the operations o...
The Marikina City government said it will file civil and criminal charges against those responsible for the improper disposal of pig carcasses found floating in Marikina River last week. Marikina Mayor Marcelino “Marcy” Teodoro said...
Quezon City Mayor Joy Belmonte ordered the monitoring of food waste collection and disposal by various establishments in the city to prevent the spread of the African Swine Flu (ASF) virus. Belmonte said experts pointed to swill feed as the number o...
The minority bloc in the House of Representatives is pushing for a higher 2020 budget of the Metropolitan Manila Development to support the wage hike of its 8,000 employees. In a press conference, Minority Leader Benny Abante sai...
Manila Mayor Francisco “Isko Moreno” Domagoso gave two shopping malls a 72-hour ultimatum to stop the sale of stolen mobile phones and other items inside their establishments. Domagoso issued the order Monday morning following ...