Metro Manila News
#MNCAdvisory: DPWH weekend road reblocking, July 5-8
The following roads will undergo reblocking and repairs starting 11 p.m., July 5, until July 8:
- Edsa fronting Guzent Construction Equipment Sales and Rental to Culiat Bridge (second lane from sidewalk)
- Katipunan Avenue before P. Tuazon Boulevard (second lane from sidewalk)
- Edsa Magallanes-Baclaran Bus Stop to Magallanes-Alabang Bus Stop (outer lane)
- Edsa Eugenio Lopez - Scout Borromeo (desilting and construction of manhole)
- Edsa Quezon City between West Avenue and Philam Village (restoration or concreting works)
- Quirino Highway Kingfisher Street to Primerose Street (second lane from sidewalk)
- General Luis Street, Pascual Street to before Oriental Tin
- C-5 Road fronting SM Aura Northbound (third lane from median) and SM Aura Southbound (second lane from median)
- Regalado Avenue, Mindanao Avenue Extension to Quirino Highway (second lane from sidewalk)
- Edsa after Aurora Boulevard (first and second lane from sidewalk)
All affected roads will be fully passable by 5 a.m. on Monday, July 8.
Motorists are advised to avoid these areas and use alternate routes.
Light Rail Manila Corp. (LRMC), the private operator and maintenance provider of LRT line 1, saidi it spent.P8.7 billion to upgrade the system and facilities of LRT-1. From 478 trips per day in 2016, LRMC has reached 520 trips daily, serv...
Philippine National Police (PNP) officer-in-charge, Lt. Gen. Archie Francisco Gamboa, has ordered police officers to refrain from playing golf on weekdays. “I am now declaring that there will be no more golf during weekdays. Nobody is exempted...
SPARK! Philippines, a non-government organization advocating women’s rights, in collaboration with the Quezon City Mayor's Office, kicked off on October 11 the celebration of the “Girls for Early Age Empowerment” at Gateway Cine...
More than 21,000 Taguid children aged 0 to 59 months old received free vaccines on October 15 to help them fight the polio virus. National Immunization Program Coordinator for the City of Taguig Dr. Jennifer Lou De Guzman and her team —in...
Metro Rail Transit Line 3 maintenance and rehabilitation provider Sumitomo-MHI-TESP (Sumitomo) will study how to properly operate the Dalian trains through limited deployment on the line, according to the Department of Transportation (DOTr). In a me...
The Department of Social Welfare and Development (DSWD) is currently devising its approach to the shift from cash to rice allocation for its 4.4 million Pantawid Pamilyang Pilipino Program (4Ps) beneficiaries. DSWD Undersecretary for Special Concern...