Businesses providing extended payment deadline amid COVID-19 threat
(Updated March 18, 2020 1:05pm)
Most businesses have been ordered closed by the government, in line with the quarantine placed over the whole of Luzon amid the spread of the coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19).
From 12:00 a.m. on Tuesday, March 17 until April 13, Luzon is under enhanced community quarantine, restricting travel within the region in efforts to combat the COVID-19 threat.
Below is a list of businesses and the leeway they are providing for their respective customers:
Manila Electric Co. (Meralco)
- Bills due from March 1 to April 14, 2020 will be given a 30-day payment extension.
Globe Telecom Inc.
- Bills due from March 15 to April 14, 2020 will be given a 30-day payment extension for both mobile and broadband services.
PLDT Inc., Smart Communications Inc., Sun Cellular
- Postpaid customers of PLDT Home, PLDT Enterprise, Smart, and Sun will be given a 30-day extension period.
Manila Water Co. Inc.
- Customers will be given a 30-day payment extension.
Maynilad Water Services Inc.
- Disconnection activities will be suspended until April 14, 2020.
Prime Water Infrastructure Corp.
- Customers will be given a 30-day extension in settling their water bill.
- Customers will be given a 30-day payment extension.
- Postpaid customers will be given a 30-day payment extension from their due date.
- Customers will be given a 30-day payment extension from their due date.
Bank of the Philippine Islands (BPI)
- A 30-day grace period will be given to qualified credit card, personal, home, auto, and SME loan clients.
BDO Unibank Inc.
- A 60-day payment extension will be given to qualified credit card, auto, home, SME, and personal loan customers with due dates of up to April 15, 2020.
- Installment payments due from March 17, 2020 to April 12, 2020 will be extended.
- Payment due dates for qualified personal loan borrowers will be extended for 30 days.
East West Banking Corp.
- Payment due dates for auto, personal, mortgage, and EEL loans, and credit cards will be extended for 30 days for eligible customers.
Metropolitan Bank & Trust Co. (Metrobank)
- A 30-day grace period program will be extended to qualified car loan, home loan, and credit card payments. Qualified customers will be notified via email with the full details as they become available.
Philippine Savings Bank (PSBank)
- A 30-day grace period on loan payments will be extended to qualified auto, home, and personal loan clients. Qualified borrowers will be notified via email of the details.
Security Bank Corp.
- All automated teller machine (ATM) fees waived.
- All customers with a credit card, home loan, personal loan, auto loan, business mortgage loan, or business loan due March 16 to April 14, 2020 will be extended for 30 days, provided that there is no past due balance.
Rizal Commercial Banking Corp. (RCBC)
- Fund transfers via Instapay will be free until April 15, 2020. Transfers via Pesonet will also be free starting March 18, 2020.
- Customers may opt to delay payments by 30 days from the original due date for existing auto, home, personal and salary loan clients in good standing.
Union Bank of the Philippines
- Qualified customers in good standing with bills due from March 17to April 15, 2020 will be extended for 30 days.
- PhilHealth extends deadline of 1st Quarter 2020 payment of contributions on or before April 30, 2020 instead of March 31, 2020 without interest.
- Pag-IBIG Fund is offering a three-month moratorium to its member-borrowers to help defray their expenses during the enhanced community quarantine.
- A one-month extension is hereby granted on all premium remittances and loan payments due this March.
- A one-month extension is also granted on all housing loan amortization payments and rental payments for GSIS investment properties falling due on March 2020.
- Extension of insurance premium payment grace period to 90 days for customers with confirmed COVID-19 cases, and
- extension of insurance payment grace period to 60 days for all other customers.
- Acceptance of all insurance benefit claims even beyond 30 days, and acceptance of soft copies of all insurance claim documents.
Manulife China Bank Life Assurance Corp.
- The 30-day notice period and 90-day deadline for completion of requirements will be waived for claims related to COVID-19 effective March 10, 2020 to June 30, 2020.
- Grace period for late repayment will be extended up to 60 days should the insured be diagnosed with COVID-19.
- Claims services will accept soft copies of requirements for claims related to COVID-19.
Refresh this page for updates.
Starbucks suspended its drive-thru operations in line with the government's quarantine measures. In a note posted on social media, the famous coffee shop said it has "decided to once again pause our operations for our currently opened drive...
Manila Mayor Isko Moreno said the city government created the City Amelioration Crisis Assistance Fund which will grant P1,000 to each of the city' 568,000 families. In a Facebook live video, Moreno explained that, despite the c...
Valenzuela City Council passed on ordinance that imposes a fine of not less than P1,000 on residents caught without their face masks in public. Under Ordinance No. 687 S. 2020 or the “Wear Your Face Mask Ordinance of Valenzuela City,” re...
About 82.7 percent of the 23,000 individuals who were tested for coronavirus disease 2019 in the Philippines had negative results, according to Health Undersecretary Maria Rosario Vergeire. "We have a total of 22,958 tests conducted. Out of the...
The Philippine National Police-Criminal Investigation and Detection Group confiscated more than P15 million worth of face masks in Parañaque City. advertisement Suspect Wang Lin, allegedly engaged in hoarding and profiteering activities, was...
This Holy Week, people can virtually visit historical churches from the safety of their own homes through Google Maps. It has a useful feature called Street View that provides a 360-degree view of destinations so users can explore churches as if they...