Businesses providing extended payment deadline amid COVID-19 threat
(Updated April 15, 2020 1:05pm)
Most businesses have been ordered closed by the government, in line with the quarantine placed over the whole of Luzon amid the spread of the coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19).
From 12:00 a.m. on Tuesday, March 17 until April 13, Luzon is under enhanced community quarantine, restricting travel within the region in efforts to combat the COVID-19 threat.
Below is a list of businesses and the leeway they are providing for their respective customers:
Manila Electric Co. (Meralco)
- Bills due from March 1 to April 14, 2020 will be given a 30-day payment extension.
Globe Telecom Inc.
- Bills due from March 15 to April 30, 2020 will be given a 60-day payment extension for both mobile and broadband services.
PLDT Inc., Smart Communications Inc., Sun Cellular
- Postpaid customers of PLDT Home, PLDT Enterprise, Smart, and Sun will implement a 6-month installment payment program for the outstanding monthly bills of its postpaid subscribers starting May 1.
Manila Water Co. Inc.
- Customers will be given a 30-day payment extension.
Maynilad Water Services Inc.
- Disconnection activities will be suspended until April 14, 2020.
Prime Water Infrastructure Corp.
- Customers will be given a 30-day extension in settling their water bill.
- Customers will be given a 30-day payment extension.
- Postpaid customers will be given a 30-day payment extension from their due date.
- Customers will be given a 30-day payment extension from their due date.
Bank of the Philippine Islands (BPI)
- A 30-day grace period will be given to qualified credit card, personal, home, auto, and SME loan clients.
BDO Unibank Inc.
- A 60-day payment extension will be given to qualified credit card, auto, home, SME, and personal loan customers with due dates of up to April 15, 2020.
- Installment payments due from March 17, 2020 to April 12, 2020 will be extended.
- Payment due dates for qualified personal loan borrowers will be extended for 30 days.
East West Banking Corp.
- Payment due dates for auto, personal, mortgage, and EEL loans, and credit cards will be extended for 30 days for eligible customers.
Metropolitan Bank & Trust Co. (Metrobank)
- A 30-day grace period program will be extended to qualified car loan, home loan, and credit card payments. Qualified customers will be notified via email with the full details as they become available.
Philippine Savings Bank (PSBank)
- A 30-day grace period on loan payments will be extended to qualified auto, home, and personal loan clients. Qualified borrowers will be notified via email of the details.
Security Bank Corp.
- All automated teller machine (ATM) fees waived.
- All customers with a credit card, home loan, personal loan, auto loan, business mortgage loan, or business loan due March 16 to April 14, 2020 will be extended for 30 days, provided that there is no past due balance.
Rizal Commercial Banking Corp. (RCBC)
- Fund transfers via Instapay will be free until April 15, 2020. Transfers via Pesonet will also be free starting March 18, 2020.
- Customers may opt to delay payments by 30 days from the original due date for existing auto, home, personal and salary loan clients in good standing.
Union Bank of the Philippines
- Qualified customers in good standing with bills due from March 17 to April 15, 2020 will be extended for 30 days.
- PhilHealth extends deadline of 1st Quarter 2020 payment of contributions on or before April 30, 2020 instead of March 31, 2020 without interest.
- Pag-IBIG Fund is offering a three-month moratorium to its member-borrowers to help defray their expenses during the enhanced community quarantine.
- A one-month extension is hereby granted on all premium remittances and loan payments due this March.
- A one-month extension is also granted on all housing loan amortization payments and rental payments for GSIS investment properties falling due on March 2020.
- Extension of insurance premium payment grace period to 90 days for customers with confirmed COVID-19 cases, and
- extension of insurance payment grace period to 60 days for all other customers.
- Acceptance of all insurance benefit claims even beyond 30 days, and acceptance of soft copies of all insurance claim documents.
Manulife China Bank Life Assurance Corp.
- The 30-day notice period and 90-day deadline for completion of requirements will be waived for claims related to COVID-19 effective March 10, 2020 to June 30, 2020.
- Grace period for late repayment will be extended up to 60 days should the insured be diagnosed with COVID-19.
- Claims services will accept soft copies of requirements for claims related to COVID-19.
Refresh this page for updates.
President Rodrigo Duterte said the government will not totally open the economy to prevent a spike of coronavirus cases. In a taped public address aired on state-run PTV-4 early Wednesday, the President said the country could not...
The Department of Foreign Affairs (DFA) said two consular offices will resume services after finishing its disinfection procedures. In a Laging Handa briefing, DFA Undersecretary Brigido Dulay said its offices in Aseana and Alabang will return to op...
Navotas Mayor Toby Tiangco placed Galicia Street and surrounding areas under a 14-day lockdown after seven of its residents tested positive for coronavirus disease. Galicia St. in Barangay Bangkulasi, as well as its nearby alleys and areas within on...
Thirty-two Ninoy Aquino International Airport (NAIA) personnel tested positive for Covid-19 according to Manila International Airport Authority General Manager Ed Monreal. In a televised briefing, Monreal disclosed that of the 32 personnel, 10 ...
San Juan City Mayor Francis Zamora placed portions of C. Santos Street in Barangay Balong Bato and Eustaquio Street in Barangay Progreso under enhanced community quarantine (ECQ) for 15 days starting July 7 after 12 residents in the area tested posit...