Marikina to close portion of Marcos Bridge
The Metropolitan Development Authority has announced the closure of the westbound portion of Marcos Bridge in Marikina.
According to MMDA General Manager Jojo Garcia, the westbound portion of the bridge will be closed on Monday, August 26 at exactly 12 noon for repair and rehabilitation.
Meanwhile, the eastbound part of the bridge which was closed last May, is now open to vehicular traffic.
“After less than three months of repair, motorists going to Antipolo can now utilize the eastbound portion of the bridge,” he said.
Garcia also said that zipper lane will be implemented on the eastbound side for those going out of Marikina due to larger volume of vehicles especially during rush hours.
The closure will last for four months.
Motorists are advised to take the following alternate routes:
CUBAO TO ANTIPOLO ROUTE:
- From Cubao, take Aurora Blvd., then right turn to Katipunan Ave., take Service Road of Libis Underpass, left turn to Boni Serrano and take FVR Road straight to Macapagal Bridge then Marcos Highway to Antipolo;
- From Cubao, right turn to 15th Avenue then left turn to Boni Serrano, take FVR Road straight to Macapagal Bridge then Marcos Highway to Antipolo.
TRUCKS FROM CUBAO TO ANTIPOLO ROUTE:
- From Cubao, take Aurora Blvd., then right turn to Katipunan Ave., take service road of Libis Underpass, left turn to Boni Serrano, straight to FVR Road, take Macapagal Bridge then Sumulong Highway to Antipolo.
ANTIPOLO TO CUBAO ROUTES:
- From Antipolo, take Sumulong Highway, then A. Bonifacio Avenue, straight ahead Aurora Blvd., to Cubao;
- From Antipolo, take Marcos Highway and right turn to Fernando Avenue, then take A. Bonifacio Ave. straight ahead Aurora Blvd. to Cubao;
- From Antipolo, take Marcos Highway, take down ramp to Marcos Bridge Service Rd., then FVR Rd., straight ahead right turn to Katipunan Ave., left turn to Aurora Blvd., straight ahead to Cubao;
- From Antipolo, take Marcos Highway then FVR Rd., straight ahead take Boni Serrano Ave., then right turn to 20th Ave., left turn to Aurora Blvd., to Cubao.
TRUCKS FROM ANTIPOLO TO CUBAO ROUTE:
- From Antipolo, take Marcos Highway then FVR Rd. straight ahead, right turn to Katipunan Ave., left turn to Aurora Blvd. straight ahead to Cubao.
Meanwhile, the closure of Aurora-Araneta Intersection in Manila will push through on Saturday, August 24 after the contractors encountered technical difficulties.
It will close from 11pm-5am for 7 consecutive nights and will remain passable in the morning.
The closure will be implemented to give way to the launching of girder for the Skyway Stage 3 Project.
The intersection will fully reopen on Friday, August 30.
Motorists are advised to take these alternate routes:
FOR LIGHT VEHICLES:
- From Shaw Boulevard/ V. Mapa, take straight towards Magsaysay Blvd. then Santol Street, right at Palanza, Landargun or Bayani Road, left at G. Araneta to destination and vice versa;
- Vehicles from Cubao towards Manila area, along Aurora Blvd., right at Guirayan St., left at Palanza, left at Tomas Arguelles St. or Santol St. to Magsaysay Blvd. to destination;
- Vehicles coming from N. Domingo and Blumentritt, take F. Roman, H. Lozada St. and J. Ruiz St.;
- Vehicles coming from north: along C-3 Sgt. Rivera, right at Bayani, Landargun and Palanza St., left at Santol St., left at Magsaysay Blvd., and take V. Mapa, Old Sta. Mesa to destination
- From Quezon Avenue, E. Rodriguez Ave., straight towards España Blvd., left Lacson Ave. straight towards Nagtahan to destination (vice versa); or
- Take Magsaysay Blvd., right at V. Mapa to Shaw Blvd. to destination and vice versa.
Manila is converting vacant lots at the Manila Boystown Complex in Marikina into an urban garden. In a Facebook post, Manila Mayor Francisco “Isko Moreno” Domagoso said members of the Public Recreations Bureau (PRB) have started fixing t...
A wet market in an area in Pasig City, where some of the streets were recently placed under localized lockdown, will be temporarily closed on July 29. Mayor Vico Sotto announced that the wet market in Napico, Barangay Manggahan, will be closed for a...
With 323 active cases in the city as of July 28, Marikina City reminded the public that their cooperation is needed to end the threat of coronavirus disease (COVID-19). The local government reported that the city has 713 confirmed cases of COVID-19....
San Juan will relocate the vendors of Agora Market to a temporary market site following the start of the public market’s total renovation. The local government said the temporary market site, located at the San Juan Plaza, will have 98 stalls ...
Marikina City Mayor Marcelino Teodoro said some barangay captains were reprimanded following reports of alleged violations of quarantine protocols in their areas. Interviewed on Dobol B sa News TV, Teodoro was asked about the alleged mass gathering,...