Articles worth reading

Marikina News

Marikina Mayor Marcelino Teodoro

Gov't asked to release Covid policy shift guidelines 

account_balanceMarikina News account_circleAmihan Reyes chat_bubble_outline0 Comments

Marikina Mayor Marcelino Teodoro on Tuesday called on national government agencies to already issue guidelines regarding its policy shift in restrictions in light of the Covid-19 pandemic, according to a report by GMA News.

Interviewed on GMA News’ Unang Balita, Teodoro lamented that these guidelines are not released yet considering that the pilot test for granular lockdown in Metro Manila will already start on Wednesday.

“Ang hinihintay namin at talagang inuulit-ulit na kailangan natin, mailabas na ng national government agencies natin 'yung mga guidelines na gagamitin natin dito sa policy shift na ito,” he said.

Advertisement

He pointed out that concerned agencies should already issue guidelines for the possible opening of construction services, personal care businesses, more modes of transportation, face-to-face classes, among others amid the policy shift.

Metro Manila will be under general community quarantine (GCQ) from September 8 to 30 amid the COVID-19 pandemic, Malacañang announced on Monday.

Presidential spokesperson Harry Roque said granular lockdowns will be pilot tested in Metro Manila during the GCQ period although no guidelines have been issued yet. Roque said details regarding granular lockdowns will be issued on Tuesday.

The National Capital Region was previously placed under enhanced community quarantine (ECQ) — the strictest quarantine classification — from August 6 to 20 amid the surge of the more infectious Delta coronavirus variant.

The quarantine classification has been downgraded to modified ECQ (MECQ) which will be in effect until September 7. MECQ partially allows non-essential services to operate.

With the policy shift in COVID-19 restrictions, the government has set a pilot test of granular lockdowns in Metro Manila starting Wednesday to see if this can be an effective replacement for community-wide quarantines.

The guidelines for the granular lockdowns will be discussed by Metro Manila mayors and the technical working group of the Inter-Agency Task Force for the Management of Emerging Infectious Diseases later in the day, Teodoro said.

“Hindi pa nakalatag. Ito nga 'yung nagiging problema natin, palaging nahuhuli tayo sa ganitong bagay,” the mayor said.

“Kailangan malatag, malinaw ito for compliance purposes ng ating mga kababayan,” he added.


date_rangeDate Published
2 weeks ago
shareShare article
folder_openArticle tags
content_copyCategorized under

Share your thoughts with us

Related Articles

Grade 10 student dies due to alleged hazing 

account_balanceMetro Manila chrome_reader_mode6 days ago

The Department of Education (DepEd) on Thursday condemned the death of a Grade 10 learner in Negros Occidental allegedly due to hazing, according to a report by Philippine News Agency. In a statement, the DepEd assured investigation “will...

President Rodrigo Duterte / PCOO

Duterte defiant against ICC probe

account_balanceMetro Manila chrome_reader_mode6 days ago

President Rodrigo Duterte remains unfazed by the latest move of the International Criminal Court (ICC) to conduct a formal investigation into his crackdown on illegal drugs, according to a report by Philippine News Agency. In an online press briefin...

Makati Mayor Abby Binay

Makati street under granular lockdown

account_balanceMakati chrome_reader_mode6 days ago

Makati Mayor Abby Binay has ordered the implementation of a granular lockdown at H. Santos St. in Brgy. Tejeros starting at 12:01 a.m. of Thursday, September 16, 2021. “I ordered the granular lockdown after noting an increase in the number of ...

PhilID registration reaches ‘milestone’ 

account_balanceMetro Manila chrome_reader_mode6 days ago

There is continuous progress in the registration pace of the Philippine Identification System (PhilSys) project amid the Covid-19 pandemic, according to a report by Philippine News Agency. In an advisory on Thursday, the Philippine Statistics A...

Let's Stay Connected Like us on our Facebook page.
×
Click on the article to continue reading
Quezon City adopts no contact apprehension system Red Cross pushes saliva test Vaccines from COVAX to arrive in Q1 Makati Shangri-La to close doors on Feb. 1 Cities in NCR to start vaccination simultaneously Mother, girlfriend of Filipino infected with UK variant also test positive Send Press Release MNC Facebook Page MNC Twitter Page MNC Instagram Page LGU Spotlight Barangay Front Business Sports Entertainment Metro Gen Metro Feature