Eastbound portion of Marcos Bridge closed starting May 25
After two postponements, the rehabilitation of a portion of Marcos Bridge in Marikina will finally proceed on Saturday, May 25, the Metropolitan Manila Development Authority announced Thursday.
MMDA general manager Jose Arturo “Jojo” Garcia said the eastbound portion of Marcos Bridge on Marcos Highway would be closed starting 11 p.m.
“After two weeks of preparations, it is definite now. Marcos Bridge will be closed for the next four months to give way to its long-overdue rehabilitation,” Garcia said.
Light vehicles going to Antipolo may take the westbound direction while light vehicles going Cubao may use the service road in front of SM Marikina mall.
Rehabilitation works on the bridge was originally set to start on May 4 but was postponed after several ocular inspections showed that the contractor was not fully prepared to proceed with the project.
“Private contractors are now ready to push through with the rehabilitation after complying with the necessary requirements they need to address,” Garcia said.
The bridge, built in 1979, at the boundary of Marikina and Pasig cities, has an average daily traffic of 6,400 vehicles per hour in both directions.
Road traffic advisories were also installed around the site of the project.
Motorists and truckers are advised to take the following alternative routes:
Cubao to Antipolo Route:
- From Cubao, take Aurora Blvd. then right turn to Katipunan Ave., take service road of Libis underpass, left turn to Boni Serrano and take FVR Road straight to Macapagal Bridge then Marcos Highway to Antipolo.
- From Cubao, right turn to 15th Avenue, then left turn to Boni Serrano, take FVR Road, straight to Macapagal Bridge then Marcos Highway to Antipolo.
Trucks from Cubao to Antipolo Route:
From Cubao, take Aurora Blvd, then right turn to Katipunan Avenue, take service road of Libis underpass, left turn to Boni Serrano, straight to FVR Road, take Macapagal Bridge then Sumulong Highway to Antipolo.
Antipolo to Cubao Routes:
- From Antipolo, take Sumulong Highway then A. Bonifacio Avenue, straight ahead Aurora Blvd., to Cubao.
- From Antipolo, take Marcos Highway and right turn to Fernando Ave, then take A. Bonifacio Ave. straight ahead Aurora Blvd. to Cubao.
- From Antipolo, take Marcos Highway, take down tamp to Marcos Bridge service road then FVR road, straight ahead right turn to Katipunan Avenue, left turn to Aurora Boulevard, straight ahead to Cubao.
- From Antipolo, take Marcos Highway then FVR Road straight ahead take Boni Serrano Ave., then right turn to 20th Ave., left turn to Aurora Blvd., to Cubao.
Trucks from Antipolo to Cubao Route:
From Antipolo, take Marcos Highway then FVR Road straight ahead, right turn to Katipunan Ave., left turn to Aurora Blvd. straight ahead to Cubao.
To fund the medical expenses of dialysis patients in Valenzuela, the city government has entered a joint venture agreement with a traffic systems company for the No Contact Apprehension Program, officials announced Wednesday. The city government sig...
The Quezon City Council recently passed an ordinance calling for the reorganization of the QC General Services Department. Introduced by Councilor Roderick Paulate, City Ordinance 2832-2019 addresses the need to reorganize the department for it to c...