Articles worth reading
Photo courtesy of: PIO Mandaluyong

Mandaluyong jeepney driver tests positive for virus

account_balanceMandaluyong access_time4 days ago

A jeepney driver in Mandaluyong City tested positive for coronavirus disease. The Mandaluyong City government said the City Health Department has completed the conduct of rapid tests on 1,147 jeepney drivers, one of whom was found positive for COVID...

Taguig lifts lockdown on 2 Bicutan areas 

account_balanceTaguig access_time5 days ago

Taguig City has lifted the lockdown in two areas in Barangay Lower Bicutan but will put selected communities under Modified Localized Quarantine (MLQ) for 14 days. In an advisory, the Taguig Safe City Task Force said Purok 5 and 6 will no longer be ...

Quezon City's isolation strategy yields good results

account_balanceQuezon City access_time4 days ago

Quezon City is seeing progress in its coronavirus disease (COVID-19) response after reporting its highest case recovery rate so far. Dr. Rolly Cruz, head of the city’s epidemiology unit, said the city’s recovery rate now stands at 60 per...

Manila News

Trucks on Roxas Boulevard

Isko offers new routes for trucks on the way to Port of Manila

account_balanceManila News account_circleMichael Lim chat_bubble_outline0 Comments

Following the traffic jam Friday morning caused by a queue of container trucks waiting to enter the Port of Manila, Manila Mayor Francisco “Isko Moreno” Domagoso is offering truckers a new route other than through Roxas Boulevard and Radial Road 10 (R-10).

Cleared streets offer an alternative way in and out of Port Area

Domagoso is advising them to instead pass through Divisoria and Jose Abad Santos Boulevard.

This was the solution reached during a consultative meeting at Bayleaf Hotel, which was attended by officials from the Philippine Ports Authority, Asian Terminal Inc., Manila International Container Port, International Container Terminal Service Corp., barangay officials that have jurisdiction over Port Area and Manila city officials.

Trucks hogged most of Roxas Boulevard’s northbound lane after the Port of Manila ceased operations due to heavy rains, zero visibility and strong monsoon winds on Thursday night and much of Friday.

Acting port manager Eligio Fortajada explained, “The situation was beyond our control and nature played its part. We are not blaming anybody for this, but this is another lesson learned, and we hope to formulate measures that in the event it happens again, we now have an early solution.”

The mayor admitted it was a gamble opening up these routes for container vans. With roads around Divisoria having been cleared of vendors, heavy vehicles may now use this street.

However, he stressed that 10-wheelers can only use one lane of C. M. Recto Avenue, and that they should not cross over lanes designated for light vehicles, both private and public.

Trucks emerging from Port Area may pass through Del Pan, Recto and turn left at Abad Santos on the way to Rizal Avenue for those who are northbound.

Domagoso said he will be dispatching more traffic constables along Abad Santos, Rizal Avenue and R. Papa, which officials say might become traffic chokepoints.

date_rangeDate Published
10 months ago
shareShare article
folder_openArticle tags
content_copyCategorized under

Share your thoughts with us

Related Articles

Manila public schools post 100% enrollment rate

account_balanceManila chrome_reader_mode1 day ago

Public school officials in Manila said exceeded their target by hitting 100.46 percent enrollment for the upcoming school year. Based on the data provided by the Manila Division of City Schools, there were 270,219 public school enrollees as of July ...

Photo Courtesy of Sen. Richard Gordon Twitter Profile

Red Cross assists over 200 Tondo families 

account_balanceManila chrome_reader_mode3 days ago

The Philippine Red Cross released financial assistance to more than 200 families in Tondo, Manila, according to its chairman and CEO Senator Richard Gordon. Gordon led the distribution of the P3,500 cash grant to beneficiaries from Barangays 91 and ...

Photo courtesy of: PIO Mandaluyong

Mandaluyong tests 750 residents of Addition Hills

account_balanceMandaluyong chrome_reader_mode1 week ago

Around 750 residents of Barangay Addition Hills in Mandaluyong City were subjected to a coronavirus test June 29. On its official Facebook page, the local government said the mass testing in the city is being conducted in cooperation with the Depart...

Las Piñas to put up own testing lab

account_balanceLas Piñas chrome_reader_mode1 week ago

Las Piñas City plans to put up its own laboratory testing center for coronavirus disease (COVID-19) to obtain sooner the results of swab testing conducted on individuals in the city. City Administrator Rey Balagulan said Mayor Imelda Aguilar ...

Manila City Mayor Francisco Isko Moreno Domagoso / Manila PIO

Manila posts higher revenues

account_balanceManila chrome_reader_mode4 days ago

Manila Mayor Francisco “Isko Moreno” Domagoso said the city’s coffers grew by P693 million in his first year as mayor compared to the previous administration’s revenue collections from July 2018 to May 2019. His year-old admi...

Let's Stay Connected Like us on our Facebook page.
×
Click on the article to continue reading
Caloocan shortens curfew hours Six areas in NCR, Cebu register virus spikes Number coding remains suspended Senators propose ‘junk food’ tax COVID-19 cases rise on easing of restrictions Critics free to question anti-terror law Send Press Release MNC Facebook Page MNC Twitter Page MNC Instagram Page LGU Spotlight Barangay Front Business Sports Entertainment Metro Gen Metro Feature