Manila to build more housing projects
Manila City Mayor Francisco 'Isko Moreno' Domagoso is eyeing to build more public housing projects for informal settlers located in the nation's capital.
Among the housing projects set to be built is the Phase 2 of the Basecommunity public housing project.
"Ngayon, nais kong i-share sa inyo, sabi sa inyo hangga't may katas ang bimpo, pipigain ko, mabigyan lang kayo muli ng dignidad sa pamumuhay," Domagoso said.
"'Wag kayong mag-alala, may Phase 2 na ang Basecommunity... lahat 'yan hangga't nandito ako, hindi ako titigil maayos ko lang ang buhay ninyo. Sunud-sunod 'yan," the Mayor added.
In a dialogue with barangay officials at the BaseCommunity on Friday, September 3, the Mayor also emphasized the need for his constituents to take care of their respective communities.
"Kaya yung disiplina ipinatutupad. Itinuturo sa tao para umangat rin yung pananaw ng tao sa buhay," the Mayor told the barangay officials.
BaseCommunity, which broke ground in December 2020, is one of LGU's flagship housing projects. It is composed of 229 two-story units, each with a total of 42 square meters of living space. It's part of Barangay 649 Zone 68, which is led by barangay chair Diana Espinosa.
As with the LGU's four other ongoing housing projects, BaseCommunity caters to informal settler families (ISFs), government employees, and longtime renters in the nation's capital.
To recall, the City of Manila was able to break ground for its first batch of housing projects amid the pandemic last year. Aside from BaseCommunity, there's Tondominium 1 and Tondominium 2 (June 2020) and the 15-story Binondominium (July 2020). The two Tondominium buildings and the Binondominium are expected to be completed soon.
Domagoso announced in May this year that the LGU was set to build three more residential buildings. The groundbreaking ceremony for the San Lazaro Residences happened in July. Pedro Gil Residences broke ground last month, while San Sebastian Residences is also expected to break ground soon.
The Quezon City government is strictly monitoring all closed-setting facilities situated in the city after 22 more individuals tested positive for the coronavirus disease 2019 (Covid-19) in another religious convent, according to a report by Phi...
Makati Mayor Abby Binay has ordered the implementation of a granular lockdown at H. Santos St. in Brgy. Tejeros starting at 12:01 a.m. of Thursday, September 16, 2021. “I ordered the granular lockdown after noting an increase in the number of ...
A third convent in Quezon City was hit by an outbreak of coronavirus disease (COViD-19) cases with 13 nuns reportedly being infected, according to a report by Manila Bulletin. The nuns are reportedly from the convent of Stella Maris in Cubao, Q...
Caloocan has started providing “Fully Vaxxed” certifications to establishments in the city whose employees are 100 percent fully-vaccinated, according to a report by Daily Tribune. Mayor Oca Malapitan said the initiative will encourage b...