Articles worth reading

77 OFWs repatriated from Kuwait

account_balanceMetro Manila access_time4 days ago

Some 77 distressed overseas Filipino workers (OFWs) including a rape victim who won her case against her assailant were repatriated from Kuwait over the weekend, the Department of Labor and Employment (DOLE) said in a report by Philippine News Agency...

11 overseas Filipinos catch Covid-19 

account_balanceMetro Manila access_time4 days ago

The Department of Foreign Affairs (DFA) reported 16 new cases of coronavirus disease 2019 (Covid-19) among overseas Filipinos, pushing the total number of infections to 11,692, according to a report by Philippine News Agency. In its latest case...

Filipino Filmmaker Erik Matti

Erik Matti to direct HBO Asia horror series 

account_balanceMetro Manila access_time4 days ago

Erik Matti will directs the Philippine episode of the HBO Asia's original horror anthology series titled "Folklore," WarnerMedia said in a report by GMA News. According to a press statement, Folklore season 2 is going to be a seve...

Manila News

Manila City Mayor Isko Moreno

Isko wants to postpone January's traslacion 

account_balanceManila News account_circleGab dela Cruz chat_bubble_outline0 Comments

Manila Mayor Francisco “Isko Moreno” Domagoso prefers the cancellation of religious processions in Manila, particularly the traslacion of the Black Nazarene and the Sto. Niño procession in Tondo in January next year, according to a report by Daily Tribune.

However, he admitted the matter is still up in the air pending another meeting with Quiapo Church officials.

“As a Catholic myself and also one who attends this yearly tradition, this time I will not allow it. This is not only for Batang Maynila, but all Catholic followers of the Nazareno who come to the city: Forego this event given the prevailing situation. It’s difficult and no one can say what will happen. It will be hard to restrain the public if it is decided to push through with it given the situation,” Domagoso said.

Likewise, the City of Manila has announced new curfew hours.

Beginning today, 21 October until 30 November, curfew hours will be from midnight to 4 a.m. This will be adjusted on 1 December to end at 3 a.m., taking into consideration the request of Church officials to allow the faithful to attend the traditional simbang gabi.
Previously, the curfew ran from 10 p.m. to 5 a.m.

The new curfew hours follow the provision of Ordinance 8692 that was unanimously passed by the Manila City Council under presiding officer and Vice Mayor Honey Lacuna and authored by majority floor leader Atty. Joel Chua.

All residents and those passing through the city are covered by the new curfew hours, except minors who remain covered by Ordinance 8547, which imposes a 10 p.m. to 4 a.m. curfew for them.

Based on the traslacion last January, the police battalion deployed for crowd control was no match to the devotees of the Black Nazarene.

However, the mayor said if the situation improves before 9 January 2020, it is a different story and will be subject for approval.

But based on the present situation, the mayor is emphatic in saying, “No, no, no” to the traslacion.

On the other hand, he said the decision to adjust the curfew was an offshoot of a meeting with metro mayors, the Metropolitan Manila Development Authority and the Inter-Agency Task Force, where it was agreed upon that the hours should be adjusted to accommodate and rev up businesses in the city which, in turn, are expected to protect and create jobs.


date_rangeDate Published
1 month ago
shareShare article
folder_openArticle tags
content_copyCategorized under

Share your thoughts with us

Related Articles

Photo Courtesy of Manila PIO

‘Paskuhan sa Maynila’ bazaar opens 

account_balanceManila chrome_reader_mode4 days ago

Christmas bazaar ‘Paskuhan sa Maynila’ opened its doors to the public at the Mehan Garden on Tuesday, with strict health and safety protocols in place, according to a report by Philippine News Agency. The event was organized to help busi...

Manila City Mayor Isko Moreno

Manila denies lockdown plan

account_balanceManila chrome_reader_mode1 hour ago

Manila Mayor Francisco "Isko Moreno" Domagoso said there is no plan to re-impose new lockdowns in any part of the city until the end of 2020, according to a report by Philippine News Agency. He clarified this on Friday during his week...

Photo courtesy of: Isko Moreno Domagoso Facebook Page

Isko asks Divisoria customers to 'shop with care' 

account_balanceManila chrome_reader_mode1 day ago

Manila Mayor Francisco ‘Isko Moreno’ Domagoso and Health Secretary Francisco Duque III reminded shoppers at the Divisoria market to observe health protocols for the holiday season amid the coronavirus disease (Covid-19) pandemic, accordin...

The struggles in 2020 of the casino industry in the Philippines

account_balanceMetro Manila chrome_reader_mode3 months ago

Do you want to learn more about the challenges and predictions for the gambling industry in the Philippines? Find all answers in this article!

Let's Stay Connected Like us on our Facebook page.
×
Click on the article to continue reading
Solar-powered bike pit stop opens in San Juan DOTr wont apprehend vehicles without RFID until Jan. 1Covid-19 cases in NCR on a decline Maynilad service interruption expected until Nov. 29PNP chapels to limit Simbang Gabi crowd to 30% All UP students likely to pass this semester About 6 million Filipinos register for national ID Expressways ready to enforce cashless transactions by Dec. 1 Send Press Release MNC Facebook Page MNC Twitter Page MNC Instagram Page LGU Spotlight Barangay Front Business Sports Entertainment Metro Gen Metro Feature