Manila mayor suspends 5 barangay officials
Manila City Mayor Francisco ‘Isko Moreno’ Domagoso on Monday implemented the suspension order issued by the Office of the Ombudsman against five alleged erring barangay officials.
All five barangay officials were ordered preventively suspended without pay for six months by Ombudsman Samuel Martires due to various offenses such as grave misconduct, serious dishonesty and abuse of authority, among others.
Martires furnished a copy to Domagoso for the suspension order’s “immediate implementation.” Upon receipt of the Ombudsman’s order, the Mayor issued the memoranda to immediately suspend the five barangay officials.
- Barangay 123 chairman Mario Banal was suspended for grave misconduct, conduct prejudicial to the best interest of the service, abuse of authority and gross dishonesty. First ranking village councilor Ricardo Caravana Jr. will take over as acting barangay chief.
- Barangay 11 chairman Leonard Recto was suspended pending investigation of a complaint from the office of Interior Undersecretary for Barangay Affairs Martin Diño. First ranking village councilor Nelissa Reyes Ong will take over as acting barangay chief.
- Barangay 449 chairman Romeo Garcia was suspended for grave misconduct, dishonesty and conduct unbecoming of a public official. First ranking village councilor Nestor Mamaril will take over as acting barangay chief.
- Barangay 418 chairman Jonas Bartolome was suspended pending investigation for complaints of alleged grave misconduct, serious dishonesty prejudicial to the best interest of the service, and abuse of authority. First ranking village councilor Teofilo Ferrer Jr. will take over as acting barangay chief.
- Barangay 283 chairman Niño Anthony Magno was suspended due to a complaint from the office of Undersecretary Diño for grave misconduct, conduct prejudicial to the best interest of the service, abuse of authority, serious dishonesty and violation of Republic Act No. 6713. First ranking village councilor Alma Bacani will take over as acting barangay chief.
The Mayor, together with Manila Barangay Bureau chief Romeo Bagay and DILG Manila Field Office chief Atty. Rolynne Javier, signed the memoranda against the five barangay officials during the regular directional meeting on Monday morning, September 28.
Manila Mayor Isko Moreno ordered the removal of the tarpaulins declaring the Communist Party of the Philippines, as well as the New People's Army and the National Democratic Front, as persona non grata in the National Capital Region, according to...
Tiniyak ni Manila City Mayor Francisco ‘Isko Moreno’ Domagoso na makatatanggap ng Christmas food packages ang 650,000 pamilyang Manileño sa darating na kapaskuhan. Sa isang pagpupulong ngayong Lunes, ika-26 ng Oktubre, inanunsyo n...
Manila opened a 66-bed COVID-19 quarantine facility at the Pamantasan ng Lungsod ng Maynila, the 14th facility to be opened in the nation’s capital. Manila City Mayor Francisco 'Isko Moreno' Domagoso said this is the biggest quarantine...
Do you want to learn more about the challenges and predictions for the gambling industry in the Philippines? Find all answers in this article!