Articles worth reading
Department of Labor and Employment (DOLE)

Private companies told to seek DOLE's assistance for their workers

account_balanceMetro Manila access_time5 days ago

The Department of Labor and Employment (DOLE)  asked establishments to submit the requirements needed so that their displaced employees could receive assistance from the government through its COVID 19 Adjustment Measures Program (CAMP). &ldquo...

Workers of the Department of Public Works and Highways unload materials for the conversion of the Philippine International Convention Center (PICC) Forum Halls into a temporary facility for Covid-19 patients on Thursday (April 2, 2020) / DPWH

DPWH begins works on PICC as health facility

account_balancePasay access_time5 days ago

The Department of Public Works and Highways (DPWH) began the conversion of the Forum Halls of the Philippine International Convention Center (PICC) in Pasay City into a health facility. DPWH National Capital Region director Ador Canlas said the cons...

Senator Christopher Lawrence

Bong Go proposes financial aid to LGUs

account_balanceMetro Manila access_time5 days ago

Senator Christopher Lawrence “Bong” Go proposed a one-time ‘Bayanihan’ financial aid to cities and municipalities to help them respond to the needs of their constituents amid the Covid-19 health emergency. “Tulungan dap...

Mandaluyong News

Wack Wack Golf and Country Club

Wack Wack Golf closed after guest tests positive for COVID-19

account_balanceMandaluyong chat_bubble_outline0 Comments

The Wack Wack Golf and Country Club in Mandaluyong imposed a lockdown on March 11, after a Singaporean guest of a member had tested positive for the coronavirus disease 2019 on his return to his home country, according to a report by Inquirer.

In a letter to members, Wack Wack president Lawrence Tan said that closing the club “would be an opportunity to disinfect and sanitize the premises, to ensure that our club remains safe for everyone”

The club will be closed until further notice, the letter stated.

According to reports reaching Inquirer Golf, the member had hosted his guest last March 2 and was shocked to learn when he flew back home the next day that he was already COVID 19 positive.

Although the foreign guest did not use the locker room, his member host did and raised the possibility of having infecting personnel and other employees he came in touch with.

The two caddies who served both the member and guest have been asked to go on a quarantine along with two other caddies who had been in the member’s flight when he came back to play again the next day.

date_rangeDate Published
4 weeks ago
shareShare article
folder_openArticle tags
content_copyCategorized under

Share your thoughts with us

Related Articles

Coronavirus cases in QC increase to 151

account_balanceQuezon City chrome_reader_mode1 week ago

The death toll from COVID-19 in Quezon City increased to 27 from the previous 26 as the number of confirmed cases went up to to 151. Eleven patients have recovered as of 7 p.m. of March 31. In its March 30 report, the Quezon City Health D...

Staff of the NavotaAs Hanapbuhay Center supervise the contract signing of the city%u2019s 1,000 newly hired Tulong Panghanapbuhay sa Ating Displaced/Disadvantaged Workers for the #Barangay Ko, Bahay Ko Disinfecting/Sanitation Project (TUPAD #BKBK) / PIO Navotas

Navotas hires 1,000 jeepney, trike drivers, vendors

account_balanceNavotas chrome_reader_mode1 week ago

Navotas City said it started hiring 1,000 jeepney and tricycle drivers, ambulant vendors and other workers in the informal sector whose livelihoods are affected by the enhanced community quarantine. An initial batch of 184 Navoteños are now e...

Las Piñas separate people in public markets

account_balanceLas Piñas chrome_reader_mode1 week ago

Las Pinas City Mayor Imelda Aguilar ordered the strict implementation of social distancing in public markets and “talipapa” to avoid the spread of coronavirus. Aguilar asked Armado Cristobal, market supervisor, to deploy a team to the ci...

Makati reports 2 new virus cases

account_balanceMakati chrome_reader_mode1 week ago

Makati City confirmed two new cases of coronavirus disease 2019, bringing the total in the city to 47. The number of persons under investigation (PUIs), meantime, also went up to 415. The city government said they currently have 231 person...

San Juan City Mayor Francis Zamora

San Juan mayor negative for coronavirus

account_balanceSan Juan chrome_reader_mode1 week ago

San Juan City Mayor Francis Zamora tested negative for coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19). Zamora posted the result of his test on his official Facebook page on Wednesday. The local government official said he would continue his self-quarantine....

Muntinlupa City Mayor Jaime Fresnedi

Muntinlupa strengthens quarantine measures

account_balanceMuntinlupa chrome_reader_mode1 week ago

The Muntinlupa City Health Office recorded at least 157 cleared persons under monitoring (PUM) and 38 persons under investigation (PUI) as of March 31, showing signs of improvement over the recent days of monitoring. Muntinlupa Public Information Of...

Advertisement

×
Covid-19 tests to be free for Marikina residents Gov't to resolve data on cash aid beneficiaries Banks vow to remain open amid extended Luzon ECQ DOH launches hotline for free medical consultations Borrowers get another 30-day grace period NEDA chief proposes modified ‘lockdown’ Send Press Release MNC Facebook Page MNC Twitter Page MNC Instagram Page LGU Spotlight Barangay Front Business Sports Entertainment Metro Gen Metro Feature