Mandaluyong undertakes road clearing operations
A total of 307 individuals in different areas in Mandaluyong City have been evacuated due to the onslaught of typhoon “Karding” Sunday evening, according to a report by Manila Bulletin.
Data obtained by Manila Bulletin from the city government showed that the City Social Welfare and Development Department (CSWD) assisted a total of 307 individuals who were evacuated or forced to take shelter in the evacuation sites set up by the local government unit (LGU) during the typhoon.
It added that the evacuees came from some of the most flood-prone areas in the city which included Barangay Hagdang Bato Libis and Barangay Daang Bakal.
Aside from evacuating its citizens, the city government also launched road clearing and rescue operations for those in dire need of help as Mandaluyong was battered by Karding.
The Mandaluyong City Disaster Risk Reduction and Management Council (DRRMC) posted photos of the operations in partnership with other rescue service teams stationed in the city on their official Facebook page.
The city was previously placed under Tropical Cyclone Wind Signal (TCWS) No. 3 by the Philippine Atmospheric, Geophysical and Astronomical Services Administration (PAGASA) at 11:00 p.m. on Sunday as the whole National Capital Region (NCR) braced for the typhoon’s onslaught.
Karding made landfall over Burdeos, Quezon at 5:30 p.m. where it weakened into a typhoon from super typhoon category and made another landfall in Dingalan, Aurora at 8:20 p.m.
In its 8 a.m. bulletin on Monday, Sept. 26, PAGASA said that Karding was last located 190 km west of Dagupan City, Pangasinan, packing winds of 140 kph near the center and gusts of up to 170 kph. It is moving west northwestward at 30 kph. The typhoon is seen to exit the country by Monday evening.
Makati Mayor Abby Binay today said Makati has received a "Beyond Compliant" rating from the National Disaster Risk Reduction and Management Council (NDRRMC) in this year’s nationwide assessment of local disaster risk reduction and man...
The City Government of Navotas Tuesday distributed various fishing nets to registered boat owners through its Handog Lambat Program. Some 649 small-scale Navoteño fishers received 200-meter mesh nets in eight different sizes which can be used...
In the latest Monday Morning Program, Mandaluyong City Vice Mayor Menchie Abalos highlighted the accomplishments of students who emerged victorious in the recently concluded Eco-Fashionista and Advocacy Video Making Contest organized by the Mandaluyo...
No more "sana all (I wish)." This was the declaration of Muntinlupa Mayor Ruffy Biazon in his Local State of the Children Report (LSCR) during the culminating activity for National Children's Month held November 28 at Festival Mall in ...