Articles worth reading

Mandaluyong News

Photo Courtesy of Mandaluyong PIO

Mandaluyong recognized for ‘Ugnayan sa Barangay’ program 

account_balanceMandaluyong News account_circleNoah James chat_bubble_outline0 Comments

The Coordinated Operations to Defeat Epidemic (CODE) team recgonized Mandaluyong City government’s coronavirus disease (COVID-19) vaccination plan, especially its “Ugnayan sa Barangay” program, according to a report by Manila Bulletin.

During the team’s visit in Mandaluyong Friday, DILG Assistant Director Debbie Torres lauded Mandaluyong City Mayor Menchie Abalos and the city’s medical officials for their hands-on approach in implementing the  Ugnayan sa Barangay program wherein the mayor herself, together with city doctors and medical practitioners, visits different barangays to properly explain the ongoing COVID-19 situation, the city’s efforts in stopping the spread of the virus, and to urge its residents to be inoculated by explaining to them the benefits of being vaccinated and safety of the vaccines.

Torres said that the city’s Ugnayan sa Barangay initiative is very commendable because of its tremendous effort in urging the residents to be vaccinated and mitigating the number of people who are still hesitant in being inoculated.

Advertisement

City Health Officer Alex Sta. Maria said that 22,302 residents have already pre-registered online for the city’s vaccination drive.

Mayor Abalos previously said that the city has inked a tripartite agreement with British-Swedish biopharmaceutical firm AstraZeneca and the national government for the procurement of vaccines.


date_rangeDate Published
7 months ago
shareShare article
folder_openArticle tags
content_copyCategorized under

Share your thoughts with us

Related Articles

Caloocan issues ‘fully vaxxed’ certificates

account_balanceCaloocan chrome_reader_mode6 days ago

Caloocan has started providing “Fully Vaxxed” certifications to establishments in the city whose employees are 100 percent fully-vaccinated, according to a report by Daily Tribune. Mayor Oca Malapitan said the initiative will encourage b...

Makati Mayor Abby Binay

Makati street under granular lockdown

account_balanceMakati chrome_reader_mode6 days ago

Makati Mayor Abby Binay has ordered the implementation of a granular lockdown at H. Santos St. in Brgy. Tejeros starting at 12:01 a.m. of Thursday, September 16, 2021. “I ordered the granular lockdown after noting an increase in the number of ...

Another QC convent reports Covid outbreak

account_balanceQuezon City chrome_reader_mode6 days ago

A third convent in Quezon City was hit by an outbreak of coronavirus disease (COViD-19) cases with 13 nuns reportedly being infected, according to a report by Manila Bulletin. The nuns are reportedly from the convent of Stella Maris in Cubao, Q...

Quezon City Mayor Joy Belmonte

Belmonte wants strict monitoring of closed-setting facilities 

account_balanceQuezon City chrome_reader_mode6 days ago

The Quezon City government is strictly monitoring all closed-setting facilities situated in the city after 22 more individuals tested positive for the coronavirus disease 2019 (Covid-19) in another religious convent, according to a report by Phi...

Let's Stay Connected Like us on our Facebook page.
×
Click on the article to continue reading
Quezon City adopts no contact apprehension system Red Cross pushes saliva test Vaccines from COVAX to arrive in Q1 Makati Shangri-La to close doors on Feb. 1 Cities in NCR to start vaccination simultaneously Mother, girlfriend of Filipino infected with UK variant also test positive Send Press Release MNC Facebook Page MNC Twitter Page MNC Instagram Page LGU Spotlight Barangay Front Business Sports Entertainment Metro Gen Metro Feature