Articles worth reading

DOTr to convert 2GO vessels into ‘quarantine ships’ 

account_balanceMetro Manila access_time4 days ago

The Department of Transportation (DOTr) teamed up with 2Go Shipping to turn passenger vessels into "quarantine ships" for returning seafarers and overseas Filipino workers. As proposed by the Philippine Coast Guard (PCG) on March 22, ...

Federation of Free Workers (FFW)

Labor group lauds gov't officials for salary donation 

account_balanceMetro Manila access_time4 days ago

A labor group lauded the decision of the majority of Cabinet officials to donate 75 percent of their salaries as additional funds to contain coronavirus disease 2019 (Covid-19). Sonny Matula, Federation of Free Workers (FFW) president, said they app...

A demonstration of the contact tracing application TraceTogether, at the Ministry of Communications and Information, on March 20, 2020. / Photo Courtesy CHONG JUN LIANG

PH eyes Singapore's contact tracing app

account_balanceMetro Manila access_time4 days ago

The Department of Information and Communications Technology (DICT), in coordination with the Department of Health (DOH) and other government agencies, is looking into Singapore-based app ‘TraceTogether’ as one of the potential tools in ad...

Makati News

Makati puts in place COVID-19 protocols

account_balanceMakati chat_bubble_outline0 Comments

Makati City Mayor Abby Binay assured residents and the general public that coronavirus disease or COVID-19 protocols are already in place as part of proactive steps taken by the city government since the first week of February.

The mayor issued the statement following a report from the Department of Health (DOH) that the Taiwanese national earlier reported as positive for COVID-19 had visited Makati.

The mayor also asked all public and private buildings and facilities in Makati to disinfect their premises regularly as an added safeguard. She said the city government has been disinfecting schools and public areas since February.

“The city’s COVID-19 protocols are in place. Should the need arise, we have established an isolation area and placed on alert all response teams. All city agencies under the Task Force are currently promoting awareness on the virus, with emphasis on proper hygiene,” Mayor Abby said.

She added that meetings have been held with building administrators and the management of establishments on the implementation of preventive measures, while city health personnel have undergone training on how to handle COVID-19 cases.

“The city government decided to be proactive to protect our residents and visitors from the virus. I have instructed the city’s COVID-19 Task Force to make sure that all residents, visitors and establishments in the city follow the preventive measures enumerated by the DOH and the World Health Organization (WHO),” Mayor Abby said.

The mayor had earlier directed the Makati Health Department (MHD) to immediately trace the hotel staff, associates and all other persons whom the COVID-19-infected Taiwanese national may have come in contact with during his stay in the city. This was after the city was informed by the DOH that the said national visited Makati. 

“Except for another Taiwanese national who was confirmed positive with COVID-19, all the rest did not show symptoms. However, they have been instructed to undergo strict home quarantine. The MHD continues to monitor their conditions,” she stated.

According to the DOH, the Taiwanese national who tested positive was previously confined at a private facility. He has since been transferred to the RITM. The management of the private facility has already compiled a list of all personnel who attended to the patient and had already sent this list to the Epidemiological Bureau. 

The mayor also assured parents and students that since February, the city government has been disinfecting public schools and public areas in Makati. 

“Inuulit namin ang tagubilin ng DOH at WHO na ugaliing takpan ang bibig at ilong ng panyo o tisyu kapag uubo at babahin. Gumamit din ng face mask kung may ubo at sipon o kung may inaalagaang pasyente na may respiratory illness,” she said. (We reiterate the reminders of the DOH and WHO to practice cough etiquette by covering the mouth and nose with a handkerchief or tissue. Wear a face mask if you have cough or a cold or if taking care of a patient with respiratory illness.) 

“Iwasang hawakan ang mata, ilong, at bibig at lumayo sa mga taong may respiratory symptoms o ubo at sipon.  Higit sa lahat, palaging hugasan ang mga kamay gamit ang sabon at malinis na tubig,” she added. (Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth and stay away from people with respiratory symptoms or cough and cold. Most importantly, practice frequent handwashing using soap and clean water.)

“Pinapaalalahanan ko rin po ang lahat na iwasan ang pagpapakalat ng maling impormasyon at manatili po tayong kalmado. Handa po ang ating lungsod na harapin ang COVID-19,” she emphasized. (Let me remind everyone to avoid spreading false information and remain calm. Our city is prepared to deal with COVID-19.)

“If you do not feel well, do not go to school or work. Chances are you will be refused entry. Do not expose others if you are ill,” Mayor Abby advised.

The mayor asked residents who experience fever, cough and cold after recently travelling to countries with reported cases of COVID-19 to immediately call the Makati Command Center hotline 168, or report through the Makatizen phone app. 

Makati’s COVID-19 Task Force was formed last February through an executive order signed by the mayor.

Acting on the orders of Mayor Abby, the City Administrator has directed all business and commercial establishments, including POGOs, to immediately submit to the city the list of all employees who have recently visited mainland China, Hong Kong and Macau. He warned that the business permits of those who fail to comply will be revoked.

date_rangeDate Published
4 weeks ago
shareShare article
folder_openArticle tags
content_copyCategorized under

Share your thoughts with us

Related Articles

Las Piñas eyes health facility for virus patients

account_balanceLas Piñas chrome_reader_mode6 days ago

Las Piñas City Mayor Imelda Aguilar asked the City Health Office to double its efforts in preparing the Las Piñas Drug Rehabilitation Center as a possible health facility for COVID-19 patients of the city. Aguilar said that the Departm...

Fe del Mundo hospital

QC taps Fe del Mundo Medical Center to accept coronavirus patients

account_balanceQuezon City chrome_reader_mode6 days ago

Quezon City Mayor Joy Belmonte tapped Fe del Mundo Medical Center to accept coronavirus disease2-10 patients starting April 6. The hospital management is also looking at the possibility of increasing in the future its bed capacity, which is now...

Senator Panfilo Lacson / pinglacson.net

Lacson pushes investigation on Quezon City riot

account_balanceQuezon City chrome_reader_mode6 days ago

Senator Panfilo Lacson asked for an investigation on the real “motives” behind the mass protest action that was supposedly staged by members of an urban poor group in Quezon City to demand food and other assistance from the government. &...

Photo courtesy of: I Love Taguig

Taguig distributes P4,000 aid to drivers

account_balanceTaguig chrome_reader_mode6 days ago

Tricycle, jeepney, and pedicab drivers started receiving P4,000 on Thursday from the Taguig City government as cash assistance from the local government to one of the sectors most affected by the enhanced community quarantine. During the initial dis...

Workers of the Department of Public Works and Highways unload materials for the conversion of the Philippine International Convention Center (PICC) Forum Halls into a temporary facility for Covid-19 patients on Thursday (April 2, 2020) / DPWH

DPWH begins works on PICC as health facility

account_balancePasay chrome_reader_mode6 days ago

The Department of Public Works and Highways (DPWH) began the conversion of the Forum Halls of the Philippine International Convention Center (PICC) in Pasay City into a health facility. DPWH National Capital Region director Ador Canlas said the cons...

Makati confirms 141 Covid-19 cases

account_balanceMakati chrome_reader_mode13 hours ago

The Makati Health Department (MHD) said there were 141 confirmed cases of coronavirus disease 2019, 14 deaths and 17 recoveries in the city as of 8 a.m. of April 8. MHD said the city also had 472 persons under investigation (PUIs), and 337 pers...

Advertisement

×
Covid-19 tests to be free for Marikina residents Gov't to resolve data on cash aid beneficiaries Banks vow to remain open amid extended Luzon ECQ DOH launches hotline for free medical consultations Borrowers get another 30-day grace period NEDA chief proposes modified ‘lockdown’ Send Press Release MNC Facebook Page MNC Twitter Page MNC Instagram Page LGU Spotlight Barangay Front Business Sports Entertainment Metro Gen Metro Feature