Phase 1 of LRT 1 extension project to be completed by 2021
Light Rail Manila Corp. expects to complete Phase 1 of Light Rail Transit Line 1 Cavite Extension Project next year.
“The DOTR is pushing us to finish as early as possible. They requested to finish [the first phase ] by next year. We are coordinating with them. Right now it seems achievable,” LRMC president and CEO Juan Alfonso was quoted as saying.
Alfonso said the right-of-way acquisition for the Phase 1 was 90-percent completed.
Phase 1 covers 7 kilometers of the 11-kilometer LRT-1 Cavite Extension, including the Redemptorist Station, MIA Station, Asiaworld Station, Ninoy Aquino Station and Dr. Santos Station.
“The progress is going well,” Alfonso said.
The DOTR earlier said the partial operability of the LRT-1 Cavite Extension Project Phase 1 was expected to start by the fourth quarter of 2021.
The remaining stations between Las Piñas and Niog in Bacoor, Cavite are scheduled for fully-operational by 2022.
The project is expected to increase LRT-1’s ridership from 500,000 to 800,000 a day and reduce travel time between Baclaran and Bacoor, Cavite from 1 to 2 hours to only 25 minutes.
MPIC, through Metro Pacific Light Rail Corp., owns 55 percent of Light Rail Manila Consortium which earlier won the bidding for the P64.9-billion LRT1 Cavite Extension, one of the public-private partnership projects of the Aquino administration.
AC Infrastructure Holdings Corp. holds a 35-percent stake in LRMC, while Macquarie Infrastructure Holdings (Philippines) Inc. owns the remaining 10 percent.
Under the concession, LRMC will assume the operations and maintenance of the existing 20-kilometer LRT1 and construct the 11.7-kilometer extension of the rail line southward from the Baclaran station to Bacoor, Cavite.
Meanwhile, LRMC launched its annual LRT-1 Love Train which now on its fourth year. The theme for this year’s edition is “Love is in the Train” with the three coaches made up to display the different stages of Love.
“We hope that through this special Valentine’s month display, LRMC can make our passengers’ days extra brighter and happier this season” Alfonso said.
More than 111,000 employees and overseas Filipino workers (OFWs) were affected by the Luzon-wide enhanced community quarantine implemented by the government to contain the coronavirus disease 2019 (Covid-19) outbreak. Based on the Department of Labo...
Quezon City government recorded 13 more COVID-19 cases in the city, bringing the total in the city to 62 on March 24. The city also recorded three more fatalities, with the death toll now at six. Six people have recovered from the disease so far. T...
Four individuals face charges for allegedly sharing false information on social media on COVID-19, according to the Philippine National Police (PNP). The PNP Anti-Cybercrime Group identified the first suspect as Maria Diane Serrano, a resident of Br...
The Philippine Overseas Welfare Administration (POEA) ordered recruitment agencies (PRAs) and licensed manning agencies (LMAs) to monitor and report the status of Filipino workers in countries affected by the coronavirus disease 2019 (Covid-19)....
Quezon City signed an agreement with the private sector to provide frontliners experiencing discrimination in their residential areas a temporary place to stay, as they are now considered modern day heroes for providing their services to CO...
Philippine National Police Chief, Police General Archie Francisco Gamboa asked parents to look after their children particularly minors which are among those who violate the home quarantine. “To the parents, please see to it that your ch...