Articles worth reading

UK to deploy patrol vessels in Southeast Asia

account_balanceMetro Manila access_time5 days ago

The United Kingdom (UK) has expressed its intention to deploy two offshore patrol vessels (OPVs) in Sutheast Asia, according to a report by Philippine News Agency. Right Honorable Amanda Milling, the new Minister for Asia of the UK's Foreig...

Big Mack Arciaga

Aspiring leader files COC for Muntinlupa councilor

account_balanceMuntinlupa access_time5 days ago

Big Mack Arciaga officially joined the race for councilor for District 1 on Friday, together with mayoral candidate Red Mariñas and Team Red, his official running mates. Arciaga, 34, who has been involved with the efforts of different private...

AFP sends 8 nurses to Lung Center 

account_balanceMetro Manila access_time5 days ago

The Armed Forces of the Philippines (AFP) on Monday deployed eight (8) nurses to augment the healthcare workforce of the Lung Center of the Philippines in addressing the rising cases of COVID19. The Surgeon General of the AFP, Colonel Fatima Claire ...

Metro News

ormer vice president and veteran broadcaster Noli De Castro

Noli de Castro withdraws from Senate race 

account_balanceMetro News account_circlePaulo Rodriguez chat_bubble_outline0 Comments

Former vice president and veteran broadcaster Noli De Castro on Wednesday announced that he is withdrawing from the senatorial race in the 2022 general elections, according to a report by CNN Philippines.

In a statement, De Castro said he prayed to the Nazarene and realized he can help his countrymen better as a broadcaster.

"Nais kong iparating sa lahat ng aking mga kaibigan at supporters na naghahanda na sanang tumulong sa akin, na nagpasiya akong hindi na ituloy ang aking kandidatura," the TV Patrol anchor said in a statement posted by his daughter, PTV-4 general manager Kat de Castro.

Advertisement

[Translation: I want to let my friends and supporters know I will no longer push through with my candidacy.]

De Castro filed his certificate of candidacy last week under Aksyon Demokratiko, the party of presidential aspirant Manila Mayor Isko Moreno.

Moreno said he supports De Castro's decision since it was due to personal reasons. Aksyon Demokratiko chairperson Ernest Ramel said De Castro will remain a member of the party.

Meanwhile, the Commission on Elections Law Department cancelled the candidacy of a certain independent hopeful Arlene Josephine Butay, who filed COCs for vice president and senator. Under the law and Comelec regulations, a candidate who files a COC for two or more positions shall not be eligible for any of them.


date_rangeDate Published
3 days ago
shareShare article
folder_openArticle tags
content_copyCategorized under

Share your thoughts with us

Related Articles

MRT-3 investigates fire incident 

account_balanceMetro Manila chrome_reader_mode5 days ago

The Metro Rail Transit Line 3 (MRT-3) said all possible angles will be investigated as to the cause of the fire that hit one of the train’s cars between Guadalupe and Buendia stations on Saturday night, according to a report by Philippine ...

Pasig barangay expands scholarship

account_balancePasig chrome_reader_mode2 days ago

Barangay San Antonio (BSA) in Pasig City added 30 more students to its college scholarship program, according to a report by Manila Bulletin. As of Oct. 13, 110 students are covered by the program. Six BSA college scholars have graduated recent...

House prioritizes health sector 

account_balanceMetro Manila chrome_reader_mode23 hours ago

House Majority Leader Martin Romualdez assured on Friday that the introduction of institutional amendments to the 2022 General Appropriations Bill (GAB) is aboveboard, according to a report by Philippine News Agency. Romualdez said the PHP65.5 ...

DOH reports 7,835 new Covid cases on Oct. 14

account_balanceMetro Manila chrome_reader_mode2 days ago

An additional 5,317 patients have beaten the coronavirus disease 2019 (Covid-19), pushing the country’s overall recovery count to 2,573,161 as of Thursday, according to a report by Philippine News Agency. The Department of Health (DOH), i...

Let's Stay Connected Like us on our Facebook page.
×
Click on the article to continue reading
Quezon City adopts no contact apprehension system Red Cross pushes saliva test Vaccines from COVAX to arrive in Q1 Makati Shangri-La to close doors on Feb. 1 Cities in NCR to start vaccination simultaneously Mother, girlfriend of Filipino infected with UK variant also test positive Send Press Release MNC Facebook Page MNC Twitter Page MNC Instagram Page LGU Spotlight Barangay Front Business Sports Entertainment Metro Gen Metro Feature