Maynilad announces water service interruption for 18 to 36 hours in parts of Metro Manila due to damaged pipeline
Homes and establishments located in some areas in the cities of Manila, Makati, Pasay, Las Piñas, and Parañaque will have no water for around 18 up to 36 hours on Friday, July 15 to Saturday, July 16, due to repair works following the damage of a Maynilad water pipeline in Pureza St., Manila on Monday night.
The water service interruptions will begin at 11 a.m. on Friday, July 15, and are projected to last until 11 p.m. on Saturday, July 16.
The affected areas per city are as follows:
- Manila – barangays 719, 726 to 733, 745 to 762, 769, 803, 807
- Makati – Barangay Bangkal
- Parañaque – BF Homes, Don Bosco, Marcelo Green, Merville, Moonwalk, San Antonio, San Isidro, San Martin De Porres, Sucat, Sun Valley
- Pasay – barangays 1, 3, 7, 9, 14, 15, 18, 20, 23, 33, 37, 41 to 49, 51 to 53, 56 to 59, 63 to 68, 71 to 75, 80, 81, 84, 85, 86, 89, 91, 93 to 99, 101, 104, 106 to 110, 112 to 115, 118, 120, 122, 123, 125, 126, 128, 130, 131, 133, 135 to 138, 140, 142, 181 to 185, 201
Water interruptions from 11 a.m. on July 15, to 8 p.m. on July 16 will occur in these barangays in Manila:
- 383 to 428, 430, 431,433 to 435, 457 to 461, 570, 571, 576, 587 to 648
- 659 to 664, 666 to 672, 674, 676 to 685, 696 to 701, 734, 821 to 853
- 855 to 865, 867, 868, 870 to 872
- 587-A, 659-A, 660-A, 663-A, 664-A
There will be no water from 6 a.m. to 11 p.m. on July 16 in the following areas:
- Las Piñas – BF International / CAA, D. Fajardo, E. Aldana, Ilaya, Manuyo Dos, and Manuyo Uno
- Pasay – barangays 10, 13, 26, 28, 30, 31, 38, 39, 40, 76, 77, 78, 145 to 153, 156, 159, 161 to 163, 165 to 167, 169, 171 to 175, 178, 179, 181, 183, 184, 186 to 195, 197 to 200
- Parañaque – Baclaran, BF Homes (Calcutta-BF Homes, Florence, Francisco/Aguirre, Jakarta A, Kirishima, El Grande, North West-Carmella Homes), Don Galo, La Huerta, Moonwalk (Daang Batang, Gulayan, Kaingin, Multi Phase 4, Purok 7, Silver Homes), San Dionisio, San Isidro (F.C. Santos Compound, Fortunata, Justina Village, Lopez, Lopez/Dr. A. Santos, Lourdez, North West-Carmella Homes, Salvador, Sav-2/Topland, Silverio, Ups-5, Villa Mendoza, Vitalez), Sto. Nino, Tambo, and Vitalez
- The duration of the water interruption will last 18, 24, or 36 hours, depending on the extent of the damage, Maynilad said in an advisory.
In an interview with DZMM Teleradyo, Jennifer Rufo, spokesperson of Maynilad, said around 232, 000 water connections are expected to be affected.
The repairs will involve “fully dewatering the pipeline and exposing the damaged portion for proper assessment and repairs,” the advisory read.
Rufo also said a drainage project contractor accidentally damaged the Maynilad 500 mm diameter pipeline in Pureza on Monday, July 11. They were only informed of the accident on Tuesday night, July 12.
“We tried to look for valves that we can close para ma-dewater ‘yung ating trench kasi hindi po natin pwede patagalin ‘yon dahil madadamage po ‘yung pipe, at sayang po ‘yung tubig. Unfortunately, ang nakita nating valve na pwede isara para ma-fully dewater siya ay nasa trunkline po siya. Ibig sabihin, pag sinara po natin iyon mas maraming lugar ang mawawalan ng tubig (We tried to look for valves that we can close so we can dewater the [overflowing] trench because we could not remove it. Doing so will damage the pipe and the water will be wasted. Unfortunately, the valve we saw that we can close to fully dewater is the trunkline. However, if we close that, many more areas will have no water service),” Rufo said.
Rufo said they pushed back the maintenance schedule in order to give customers ample time to save and store water.
Mobile tankers will be deployed to provide residents with potable water in the affected areas, she added.
The advisory also cautioned the public on some discoloration in the water that may be seen once the water service is restored.
“Should this happen, customers should let the water flow from their faucet briefly until it clears. This initial flow of water can be collected and used for non-drinking purposes to avoid wastage,” it read.
Maynilad assured that it is working to complete the repairs as soon as possible.
Rufo said Maynilad will ask the contractor to pay for the cost of the repairs on the damaged pipeline.
The number of individuals affected by Super Typhoon Karding has climbed to 911,404 or equivalent to 245,063 families in seven regions, the National Disaster Risk Reduction and Management Council (NDRRMC) said in a report by Philippine News Agenc...
Department of Social Welfare and Development (DSWD) spokesperson Romel Lopez acknowledged Tuesday the challenges to their relief efforts due to Super Typhoon Karding but made sure to address all of these, with the equally important ones are shared by...
Ayala-led Globe Telecom Inc. on Tuesday said it expects to raise some P20 billion from the sale and leaseback agreement with Phil-Tower Consortium Inc. covering 1,350 towers, according to a report by GMA News. The agreement covers Globe’...
The city government of Las Piñas extended its heartfelt appreciation to Lingig Surigao del Sur Mayor Elmer Evangelio and his officials for adopting the best practices being implemented in the city, according to a report by Manila Bulletin...