Malacanang dismisses rumors about Duterte in hospital
Malacañang Palace dismissed rumors that President Rodrigo Duterte was brought to Cardinal Santos Medical Center in San Juan City.
“We have been informed that false news starting to spread in the social media that PRRD is already confined at Cardinal Santos hospital. We wish to inform the public that such information is absolutely false,” Presidential Spokesperson Salvador Panelo said in a statement.
Panelo said Duterte is “fit and healthy” and is currently doing his presidential duties at his official residence at the Bahay Pagbabago in Manila.
He also warned the public against false news and information and urged them to trust only reliable sources and official advisories from the Palace.
“Always watch and read official advisories relative to the President and the implementation of the Bayanihan Heal As One Act to put a stop to the spread of the deadly Covid-19,” he said.
Last month, Duterte got tested for the 2019 coronavirus disease (Covid-19) after meeting with some Cabinet members who have direct exposure to a Covid-19 patient. He tested negative.
Duterte was last seen delivering a public address on Wednesday night.
He also delivered a public address late Monday night, the same day he submitted his first report on the Bayanihan law to Congress.
The President earlier went on self-quarantine due to his exposure anew to public officials who have direct contact with a person infected Covid-19.
Following the recommendation of his doctors and the Presidential Security Group (PSG), he spent his 75th birthday in Manila for the first time on March 28.
He usually celebrates his birthday with his family at his official residence in Davao City.
Manila is ready to transition to the general community quarantine (GCQ), according to Mayor Francisco “Isko Moreno” Domagoso. The mayor said the city government has been setting up various facilities that can serve the needs of more...
Caloocan City warned that barangays with increasing number of coronavirus disease (COVID-19) cases will be placed under total lockdown. The public information office on May 27, Wednesday, said that “all barangays with increasing cases” a...
Mandaluyong City informed its constituents about the rules that govern the grace period for paying rent under the quarantine period. In a Facebook post Friday, the Mandaluyong City Public Information Office through an infographic from their legal de...
Philippine National Police (PNP) chief, Gen. Archie Gamboa vowed that there will be no let-up in the crackdown against erring cops and criminals under the prevailing community quarantine amid the coronavirus disease 2019 (Covid-19) crisis. In a...
The Philippine National Police (PNP) reported a 59-percent decrease in focus crimes during the quarantine period, or 4,479 crimes which are lower compared to the 11,004 pre-lockdown. Joint Task Force COVID Shield commander Police Lieutena...