Articles worth reading
Photo Courtesy of microsave.net

MSMEs seek faster loan approval

account_balanceMetro Manila access_time5 days ago

The government can help struggling micro small medium enterprises (MSMEs) that are bearing the brunt of the coronavirus disease 2019 (Covid-19) by devising ways to expedite the release of loans and other economic reliefs, according to a business lead...

SMC businesses rebound after steep slump

account_balanceMetro Manila access_time5 days ago

San Miguel Corporation (SMC) saw its businesses rebound by the end of the second quarter of 2020 as it continues to respond nimbly to the new normal, through an agile operating model built around consumers along with the reinforcement of its culture ...

Pasay restores curfew hours of 8pm to 5am

account_balancePasay access_time5 days ago

The Pasay City Council had passed an ordinance setting the curfew hours in the city back to 8 p.m. to 5 a.m. after President Duterte once again placed Mega Manila under modified enhanced community quarantine (MECQ) last Aug. 4.  According ...

Metro News

Photo Courtesy of KJ Rosales, The Philippine STAR

Filipinos told to wear face shields 

account_balanceMetro News account_circleJames Lopes chat_bubble_outline0 Comments

The government plans to require the public to wear face shields as an additional precautionary measure against COVID-19.

The government's inter-agency task force (IATF), which formulates policies on the pandemic response, is studying making face shields a requirement for Filipinos going out of their homes, Trade Secretary Ramon Lopez said.

"Ito yung isa pang kinoconsider ng IATF na iencourage na rin ang ating mga kababayan as an extra step para po lumakas ang prevention, ang maiwasan ang transmission," Lopez said in a virtual press briefing.

"Hindi pa ho yan nirerequire ngayon but in the future baka i-require na natin kung kailanganin pa natin mag extra protection," Lopez added.

So far, the government only requires its citizens to wear face masks in public places.

The proposed wearing of face shields is on top of the mandatory wearing of face masks in public places.

"Aside sa mga mask, inencourage din po natin yung pagsusuot ng face shield," Lopez added.

Presidential Spokesperson Harry Roque earlier said that the wearing of face shields is recommended in Metro Manila and the Southern Tagalog Region (Calabarzon), both of which are under general community quarantine.


date_rangeDate Published
1 week ago
shareShare article
folder_openArticle tags
content_copyCategorized under

Share your thoughts with us

Related Articles

Las Piñas offers free bus rides 

account_balanceLas Piñas chrome_reader_mode1 week ago

Las Piñas City is providing free rides as added incentive to frontliners and the city’s residents as it strictly implements the modified enhanced community quarantine (MECQ). This is part of the protocols being readied by the LGU i...

Brandon Vera / ONE Championship website

Vera excited to face Marcus Almeida 

account_balanceMetro Manila chrome_reader_mode21 hours ago

Brandon Vera may be facing Arjan Bhullar next, but already looking forward to his possible next opponent. Vera, the current ONE heavyweight champion, said on Monday that he is looking forward to a potential future battle with Marcus Almeida. The 30...

Orlando Magic forward Jonathan Isaac / Photo by Scott Taetsch/Getty Images

Isaac of Orlando Magic gets knee surgery 

account_balanceMetro Manila chrome_reader_mode4 days ago

Orlando Magic forward Jonathan Isaac had successful surgery to repair a torn ACL in his left knee, the team announced. Isaac was injured in the fourth quarter of Sunday's 132-116 win over the Sacramento Kings in a game during the NBA's resta...

San Juan City Mayor Francis Zamora

San Juan City to distribute another wave of food packs - MB

account_balanceSan Juan chrome_reader_mode5 days ago

San Juan City will be distributing another wave of food packs to its residents now that Mega Manila is under modified enhanced community quarantine (MECQ) again. Mayor Francis Zamora said they have started the repacking of relief goods for the 13th ...

Labor Secretary Silvestre Bello III / PCOO

Guam willing to hire OFWs 

account_balanceMetro Manila chrome_reader_mode3 days ago

The Department of Labor and Employment (DOLE) said job opportunities await Filipino workers in Guam.  Citing a labor market report of the Philippine Overseas Labor Office in Los Angeles (POLO-LA), through Assistant Labor Attaché Armi Pe&...

Let's Stay Connected Like us on our Facebook page.
×
Click on the article to continue reading
Makati announces community vaccination drive Russia announces Covid-19 vaccine approval NCR records fewer virus cases under MECQ Angkas to give free rides for Manila health workers PhilHealth liquidates just 6.8% of Covid-19 payments MECQ extension highly unlikely Send Press Release MNC Facebook Page MNC Twitter Page MNC Instagram Page LGU Spotlight Barangay Front Business Sports Entertainment Metro Gen Metro Feature