Articles worth reading

Globe expands 5G network 

account_balanceMetro Manila access_time4 days ago

Globe Telecom is aggressively pushing for the expansion of its 5G coverage, a highly anticipated mobile technology, in key areas in the metropolis, specifically in the Makati and Bonifacio Global City Central of Business Districts (CBDs). After show...

Manila City Mayor Isko Moreno

Manila's Barangay 847 under hard lockdown 

account_balanceManila access_time4 days ago

Manila placed a barangay in Pandacan district under a two-day hard lockdown starting June 1. Mayor Francisco “Isko Moreno” Domagoso said Barangay 847 in Pandacan would undergo a hard lockdown starting 12 a.m. of June 1 until 11:59 p.m. o...

Department of Labor and Employment (DOLE)

81,000 OFWs receive cash aid 

account_balanceMetro Manila access_time4 days ago

The Philippine Overseas Labor Offices (POLOs) in 40 foreign posts provided cash, food and medical assistance to 81,388 overseas Filipino workers (OFWs) affected by the coronavirus disease 2019 (Covid-19) pandemic, according to the Department of Labor...

Metro News

DOJ to pursue case against Pimentel

account_balanceMetro News account_circleHannah Santos chat_bubble_outline0 Comments

Justice Secretary Menardo Guevarra on Tuesday said his department will pursue the complaint against Senator Aquilino "Koko" Pimentel III "as soon as possible".

"I understand that today (Tuesday), the Prosecutor General will designate the state prosecutor who will handle Sen. Pimentel's case. So I supposed that this state prosecutor, whoever he or she may be, will start the process immediately," Guevarra told reporters.

Prosecutor General Benedicto Malcontento, meanwhile, said they "will issue (a) subpoena likely next week" to Pimentel along with a copy of the complaint in connection with the alleged violation of the enhanced community quarantine (ECQ) amid the coronavirus disease 2019 (Covid-19) pandemic.

Lawyer Rico Quicho filed a letter against Pimentel for alleged violation of Republic Act 11332 or the Mandatory Reporting of Notifiable Diseases and Health Events of Public Health Concern Act which was signed into law last year.

Last month, the Makati Medical Center said Pimentel breached its infection and containment protocols when he went to the hospital with his wife who was to give birth through caesarian section.

The hospital said Pimentel's visit "unduly exposed healthcare workers to possible infection" after it was found out that he tested positive for Covid-19.

date_rangeDate Published
1 month ago
shareShare article
folder_openArticle tags
content_copyCategorized under

Share your thoughts with us

Related Articles

Star 8 Green Technology Corporation provides 10 e-jeepneys to Muntinlupa City to help frontliners and government employees / Muntinlupa PIO

Star 8 transports Muntinlupa employees

account_balanceMuntinlupa chrome_reader_mode1 day ago

Star 8 Green Technology Corp. deployed 10 e-jeepneys to service two routes in Muntinlupa to help stranded frontliners and government employees. City Administrator Engr. Allan Cachuela, representing Mayor Jaime Fresnedi inspected Star 8 e-jeepneys on...

Pasig City Mayor Vico Sotto

Pasig mayor promotes biking 

account_balancePasig chrome_reader_mode3 days ago

Pasig City Mayor Vico Sotto encouraged the public to consider biking as an alternative mode of transportation as part of the “new normal” in commuting. With Metro Manila now under general community quarantine (GCQ), some means of public ...

Makati establishments asked to limit people in premises

account_balanceMakati chrome_reader_mode5 days ago

Makati City Mayor Abigail Binay asked business and commercial establishments to allow limited persons in their premises even as the city shifts to the general community quarantine (GCQ).  In an advisory posted on her Twitter account, Binay prov...

Barangay in Pandacan under 2-day hard lockdown 

account_balanceManila chrome_reader_mode2 days ago

Manila Mayor Francisco “Isko” Moreno Domagoso placed Barangay 847, Zone 92 in Pandacan under "hard lockdown". Executive Order 24 signed by Domagoso imposes hard lockdown in the said area for 48 hours, from 12 a.m. of June 1 unt...

President Rodrigo Duterte

Duterte wants infected healthcare workers compensated

account_balanceMetro Manila chrome_reader_mode1 day ago

President Rodrigo R. Duterte may set a deadline for government agencies to provide compensation to health care workers who feill ill or died of the coronavirus disease 2019 (Covid-19). Presidential Spokesperson Harry Roque made the remark after sena...

Let's Stay Connected Like us on our Facebook page.
×
Click on the article to continue reading
Muntinlupa deploys shuttle service for commuters DOTr officials told to commute under GCQ Modified jeepney seats proposed Hotels allowed to reopen 200,000 displaced OFWs refuse to return to PH Buffets remain prohibited under MGCQ Send Press Release MNC Facebook Page MNC Twitter Page MNC Instagram Page LGU Spotlight Barangay Front Business Sports Entertainment Metro Gen Metro Feature