Metro Manila News
70,000 jobs up for grabs at Independence Day fairs
At least 70,000 local and overseas jobs will be open to applications in 22 job fair sites in 16 regions across the country on Independence Day, the Department of Labor and Employment said on Wednesday.
The DOLE said the Trabaho, Negosyo, Kabuhayan job and business fairs were organized to commemorate the 121st anniversary of the Proclamation of Philippine Independence on June 12.
According to the Bureau of Local Employment, a total of 560 employers – 461 local and 99 overseas – will bring with them 68,893 local and overseas jobs.
Vacancies of local jobs will include production machine operators, production or factory workers, customer service representatives, call center agents, tailors, sales clerks, cashiers, delivery crew, service crew, and marketing officers.
For overseas employment, the top vacancies will include cleaners, professional nurses, servers, service crew, company drivers, registered midwives, staff nurses, English teachers for Japan, janitorial staff, baristas, technicians, and nursing aides.
The overseas job orders are for Germany, Bahrain, Saudi Arabia, and Japan.
Labor Secretary Silvestre Bello III advised jobseekers to visit any of the job and business fairs in their areas to facilitate their search for employment, as many employers would be gathered in just one venue.
Bello advised jobseekers to be ready with several copies of their resume or curriculum vitae; 2 x 2 ID pictures; certificate of employment for those formerly employed; diploma and/or transcript of records; and authenticated birth certificate.
The 2019 Independence Day job and business fairs will be held in the following venues:
- National Capital Region: San Andres Sports Complex, Malate, Manila
- Cordillera region: Sky Zone, Porta Vaga Mall, Upper Session Road, Baguio City
- Region 1 (Ilocos): Nepo Mall, Dagupan City; Candon Civic Center, Candon City, Ilocos Sur; Union Christian College, San Fernando City, La Union
- Region 2 (Cagayan Valley): People’s Gymnasium, Tuguegarao City, Cagayan
- Region 3 (Central Luzon): Ayala Malls, Harbor Point, Subic Freeport Zone, Zambales
- Region 4-A (Calabarzon): Pavilion Mall, Biñan City, Laguna; Liwasang Aguinaldo, Kawit, Cavite
- Region 4-B (Mimaropa): San Jose, Occidental Mindoro; Odiongan, Romblon
- Region 5 (Bicol): Robinsons Place, Naga City
- Region 6 (Western Visayas): 888 Premier Mall, Bacolod City
- Region 7 (Central Visayas): Cebu City Sports Complex/Abellana National School; Lapu-Lapu City; Lamberto L. Macias Sports and Cultural Center, Dumaguete City
- Region 8 (Eastern Visayas): Provincial Covered Court, Catbalogan City, Samar
- Region 9 (Zamboanga Peninsula): KCC Mall de Zamboanga, Gov. Camins Ave. Zamboanga City
- Region 10 (Northern Mindanao): Atrium, Limketkai Center, Cagayan de Oro City
- Region 11 (Davao region): NCCC Mall Buhangin, Km. 7, Tigatto Road, Buhangin, Davao City
- Region 12 (Soccsksargen): Trade Hall, SM City Gensan, General Santos City
- Caraga: PLGU Training Center, Capitol, Butuan City
Twenty-one international and domestic flights at the Ninoy Aquino International Airport were delayed on Sunday after the Manila International Airport Authority issued a "red lightning alert" twice in the afternoon. The MIAA issued the aler...
Debuting Pasay Voyagers coach Keith Martin on Monday got his first career win in the Maharlika Pilipinas Basketball League courtesy of a 70-68 win versus the Navotas Uni-Pak Sardines. Ron Lastimosa led the way for the Voyagers with 14 points, includ...
Ridesharing company Grab Philippines has deactivated around 15,000 drivers of transportation network vehicle services units that do not have provisional authorities from the Land Transportation Franchising and Regulatory Board since January thi...
Makati City Mayor Abby Binay has added three pairs of new white socks to the free school gear and supplies being distributed to more than 84,000 students in the city’s public schools, from preschool to senior high school, this June. Binay said...
Around 3,000 jobseekers who attended the Trabaho, Negosyo, Kabuhayan job and business fairs across the country on Independence Day were hired, the Department of Labor and Employment announced over the weekend. The Bureau of Local Employment, an atta...
The ongoing water supply crisis is forcing San Juan City to water down this year’s celebration of the Wattah, Wattah Festival on June 24. Instead of using 50 firetrucks of water like last year, the local government is planning to use only 16 t...