Metro Manila News
70,000 jobs up for grabs at Independence Day fairs
At least 70,000 local and overseas jobs will be open to applications in 22 job fair sites in 16 regions across the country on Independence Day, the Department of Labor and Employment said on Wednesday.
The DOLE said the Trabaho, Negosyo, Kabuhayan job and business fairs were organized to commemorate the 121st anniversary of the Proclamation of Philippine Independence on June 12.
According to the Bureau of Local Employment, a total of 560 employers – 461 local and 99 overseas – will bring with them 68,893 local and overseas jobs.
Vacancies of local jobs will include production machine operators, production or factory workers, customer service representatives, call center agents, tailors, sales clerks, cashiers, delivery crew, service crew, and marketing officers.
For overseas employment, the top vacancies will include cleaners, professional nurses, servers, service crew, company drivers, registered midwives, staff nurses, English teachers for Japan, janitorial staff, baristas, technicians, and nursing aides.
The overseas job orders are for Germany, Bahrain, Saudi Arabia, and Japan.
Labor Secretary Silvestre Bello III advised jobseekers to visit any of the job and business fairs in their areas to facilitate their search for employment, as many employers would be gathered in just one venue.
Bello advised jobseekers to be ready with several copies of their resume or curriculum vitae; 2 x 2 ID pictures; certificate of employment for those formerly employed; diploma and/or transcript of records; and authenticated birth certificate.
The 2019 Independence Day job and business fairs will be held in the following venues:
- National Capital Region: San Andres Sports Complex, Malate, Manila
- Cordillera region: Sky Zone, Porta Vaga Mall, Upper Session Road, Baguio City
- Region 1 (Ilocos): Nepo Mall, Dagupan City; Candon Civic Center, Candon City, Ilocos Sur; Union Christian College, San Fernando City, La Union
- Region 2 (Cagayan Valley): People’s Gymnasium, Tuguegarao City, Cagayan
- Region 3 (Central Luzon): Ayala Malls, Harbor Point, Subic Freeport Zone, Zambales
- Region 4-A (Calabarzon): Pavilion Mall, Biñan City, Laguna; Liwasang Aguinaldo, Kawit, Cavite
- Region 4-B (Mimaropa): San Jose, Occidental Mindoro; Odiongan, Romblon
- Region 5 (Bicol): Robinsons Place, Naga City
- Region 6 (Western Visayas): 888 Premier Mall, Bacolod City
- Region 7 (Central Visayas): Cebu City Sports Complex/Abellana National School; Lapu-Lapu City; Lamberto L. Macias Sports and Cultural Center, Dumaguete City
- Region 8 (Eastern Visayas): Provincial Covered Court, Catbalogan City, Samar
- Region 9 (Zamboanga Peninsula): KCC Mall de Zamboanga, Gov. Camins Ave. Zamboanga City
- Region 10 (Northern Mindanao): Atrium, Limketkai Center, Cagayan de Oro City
- Region 11 (Davao region): NCCC Mall Buhangin, Km. 7, Tigatto Road, Buhangin, Davao City
- Region 12 (Soccsksargen): Trade Hall, SM City Gensan, General Santos City
- Caraga: PLGU Training Center, Capitol, Butuan City
A transport group has called for the modernization of tricycles plying the inner roads in the country to give commuters convenience while traveling and protecting the environment. Orlando Marquez, president of the Liga ng Transportasyon at Operators...
For the first time in the history of the UAAP, a girls' basketball tournament will be held as demonstration sport. The tournament will start either on October 26 or 27, according to event sub-host National University. "It's long overdu...
The new headquarters of the Eastern Police District (EPD) will soon rise in San Juan City, according to Rep. Ronaldo Zamora. In his speech at the 45th EPD anniversary in Pasig City, Zamora said the PHP200-million district headquarters will be built ...
School heads and barangay chairpersons in Quezon City are now allowed to suspend classes in their respective jurisdictions if they believe that public safety will be compromised in vasr of inclement weather. This was explained to the representa...
The Department of the Interior and Local Government (DILG) has lauded the Paranaque City government for complying with the directive of President Rodrigo Duterte to reduce red tape and expedite the processing of permits and licenses. DILG Secretary ...
The Metropolitan Manila Development Authority (MMDA) asked motorists to help identify persons who left a balikbayan box in the middle of Shaw Boulevard Underpass along EDSA (Epifanio Delos Santos Avenue) in Mandaluyong City, which caused fear am...