70,000 jobs up for grabs at Independence Day fairs
At least 70,000 local and overseas jobs will be open to applications in 22 job fair sites in 16 regions across the country on Independence Day, the Department of Labor and Employment said on Wednesday.
The DOLE said the Trabaho, Negosyo, Kabuhayan job and business fairs were organized to commemorate the 121st anniversary of the Proclamation of Philippine Independence on June 12.
According to the Bureau of Local Employment, a total of 560 employers – 461 local and 99 overseas – will bring with them 68,893 local and overseas jobs.
Vacancies of local jobs will include production machine operators, production or factory workers, customer service representatives, call center agents, tailors, sales clerks, cashiers, delivery crew, service crew, and marketing officers.
For overseas employment, the top vacancies will include cleaners, professional nurses, servers, service crew, company drivers, registered midwives, staff nurses, English teachers for Japan, janitorial staff, baristas, technicians, and nursing aides.
The overseas job orders are for Germany, Bahrain, Saudi Arabia, and Japan.
Labor Secretary Silvestre Bello III advised jobseekers to visit any of the job and business fairs in their areas to facilitate their search for employment, as many employers would be gathered in just one venue.
Bello advised jobseekers to be ready with several copies of their resume or curriculum vitae; 2 x 2 ID pictures; certificate of employment for those formerly employed; diploma and/or transcript of records; and authenticated birth certificate.
The 2019 Independence Day job and business fairs will be held in the following venues:
- National Capital Region: San Andres Sports Complex, Malate, Manila
- Cordillera region: Sky Zone, Porta Vaga Mall, Upper Session Road, Baguio City
- Region 1 (Ilocos): Nepo Mall, Dagupan City; Candon Civic Center, Candon City, Ilocos Sur; Union Christian College, San Fernando City, La Union
- Region 2 (Cagayan Valley): People’s Gymnasium, Tuguegarao City, Cagayan
- Region 3 (Central Luzon): Ayala Malls, Harbor Point, Subic Freeport Zone, Zambales
- Region 4-A (Calabarzon): Pavilion Mall, Biñan City, Laguna; Liwasang Aguinaldo, Kawit, Cavite
- Region 4-B (Mimaropa): San Jose, Occidental Mindoro; Odiongan, Romblon
- Region 5 (Bicol): Robinsons Place, Naga City
- Region 6 (Western Visayas): 888 Premier Mall, Bacolod City
- Region 7 (Central Visayas): Cebu City Sports Complex/Abellana National School; Lapu-Lapu City; Lamberto L. Macias Sports and Cultural Center, Dumaguete City
- Region 8 (Eastern Visayas): Provincial Covered Court, Catbalogan City, Samar
- Region 9 (Zamboanga Peninsula): KCC Mall de Zamboanga, Gov. Camins Ave. Zamboanga City
- Region 10 (Northern Mindanao): Atrium, Limketkai Center, Cagayan de Oro City
- Region 11 (Davao region): NCCC Mall Buhangin, Km. 7, Tigatto Road, Buhangin, Davao City
- Region 12 (Soccsksargen): Trade Hall, SM City Gensan, General Santos City
- Caraga: PLGU Training Center, Capitol, Butuan City
Transparency remains a priority of the Duterte administration as the country is braving trying times brought by the coronavirus disease 2019 (Covid-19) pandemic, according to the Presidential Communications Operations Office (PCOO). With P275 billio...
Nearly 99 percent of Filipino families have received food assistance, mostly from the government, amid the coronavirus disease 2019 (Covid-19) pandemic, according to the latest survey by Social Weather Stations (SWS). SWS, in its May 4 to 10 survey,...
The Department of Justice reset the arraignment of a public school teacher in Zambales who threatened on Twitter the life of President Rodrigo Duterte. Prosecutor General Benedicto Malcontento told reporters that Ronnel Mas' lawyers had "fi...
Navotas City passed two ordinances to impose stricter measures on social distancing and extend the liquor ban in the city. City Ordinance No. 2020-23, which amended the ordinance on the mandatory use of face mask, requires that all persons in public...
Quezon City is hiring doctors, nurses and midwives for three quarantine centers sites known as HOPE facilities. In a previous announcement, the Quezon City Health Department (QCHD) said the city is also in need of medical staff who are graduates of ...