Metro Manila News
Maynilad to customers: Store water safely for Holy Week supply interruption
West Zone concessionaire Maynilad Water Services, Inc., is reminding customers to store enough water for the Holy Week service interruption that will be caused by its network enhancement activities, meant to ensure that all facilities are in good working condition.
These activities include facility maintenance works, pipe decommissioning, pipe interconnections, and valve replacements at various points of its water network, as well as some leak detection and repairs.
Maynila typically conducts such maintenance works during the Holy Week, when fewer customers are expected to be home, to lessen the impact of the service interruption.
These activities will cause five-hour to 30-hour water service interruptions in parts of Manila, Malabon, Navotas, Valenzuela, Quezon City, Parañaque, Pasay, Las Piñas, and Bacoor in Cavite, from April 16 to April 20.
To ensure that affected customers have enough safe water during the scheduled interruption, Maynilad is providing the following tips on how to store water safely:
- As much as possible, store water in containers that have covers. Water stored in open containers should be used within one or two days. Boil the water if intended for drinking or cooking.
- Store water in multiple containers, large and small. Drinking water should be stored in clean and disinfected containers that can be firmly closed.
- Light and warmth promote algae and bacteria growth, so store containers in a cool, dry place away from direct sunlight.
- Water stored in plastic containers should be kept away from gasoline, kerosene, pesticides or similar substances because vapors from these products can penetrate the plastic.
- Never store water in containers that were previously used to store toxic substances.
- Freeze water for additional supply during the water service interruption. Once melted, the ice can be used for cooking or drinking.
- To avoid water contamination, clean cisterns, drums, and overhead tanks before filling them with water.
- Empty household bleach bottles can be used to store water for cleaning.
- Use clean food-grade containers to store water for cooking and drinking.
- Disinfected plastic soda bottles, glass canning jars, and juice bottles can be used to store water for drinking and cooking.
For further information regarding the Holy Week water service interruption, affected customers may call the Maynilad Hotline 1626.
SELECT A CITY IN METRO MANILA TO SEE THE LATEST ELECTION RESULTS
The new Mandaluyong team in the Maharlika Pilipinas Basketball League is eyeing former Ginebra stars and former PBA MVPs Willie Miller and Jayjay Helterbrand to play for them in the next season. Team owner Banjo Calpito said they were looking to tap...
Makati Mayor Abby Binay recently went around the city to distribute school supplies and uniforms for students enrolled in the city’s public schools. Apart from school supplies, Binay also provided rain coats and boots to students so they would...
The Philippine Drug Enforcement Agency will join the Department of Education’s Brigada Eskwela for the first time. PDEA director general Aaron N. Aquino directed all PDEA regional offices to actively participate in the initiative, and help ens...
Only 1.68 million votes remain for canvassing before the official 2019 midterm elections results are out, the Commission on Elections reported on Sunday. “The remaining votes to be canvassed is 1,683,938 for Isabela, Japan, Kingdom of Saudi Ar...
Caloocan City Mayor Oscar Malapitan is eyeing the renovation of the city police headquarters within the year. Malapitan said the city council would meet to realign the budget to accommodate the expenses for the project. The Caloocan City Police Hea...
The Philippine National Police - Highway Patrol Group on Wednesday destroyed 7,130 illegal sirens, blinkers, and other banned vehicle accessories seized during the nationwide anti-siren operations. HPG director Brig. Gen. Roberto Fajardo said a road...