Metro Manila News
Maynilad to customers: Store water safely for Holy Week supply interruption
West Zone concessionaire Maynilad Water Services, Inc., is reminding customers to store enough water for the Holy Week service interruption that will be caused by its network enhancement activities, meant to ensure that all facilities are in good working condition.
These activities include facility maintenance works, pipe decommissioning, pipe interconnections, and valve replacements at various points of its water network, as well as some leak detection and repairs.
Maynila typically conducts such maintenance works during the Holy Week, when fewer customers are expected to be home, to lessen the impact of the service interruption.
These activities will cause five-hour to 30-hour water service interruptions in parts of Manila, Malabon, Navotas, Valenzuela, Quezon City, Parañaque, Pasay, Las Piñas, and Bacoor in Cavite, from April 16 to April 20.
To ensure that affected customers have enough safe water during the scheduled interruption, Maynilad is providing the following tips on how to store water safely:
- As much as possible, store water in containers that have covers. Water stored in open containers should be used within one or two days. Boil the water if intended for drinking or cooking.
- Store water in multiple containers, large and small. Drinking water should be stored in clean and disinfected containers that can be firmly closed.
- Light and warmth promote algae and bacteria growth, so store containers in a cool, dry place away from direct sunlight.
- Water stored in plastic containers should be kept away from gasoline, kerosene, pesticides or similar substances because vapors from these products can penetrate the plastic.
- Never store water in containers that were previously used to store toxic substances.
- Freeze water for additional supply during the water service interruption. Once melted, the ice can be used for cooking or drinking.
- To avoid water contamination, clean cisterns, drums, and overhead tanks before filling them with water.
- Empty household bleach bottles can be used to store water for cleaning.
- Use clean food-grade containers to store water for cooking and drinking.
- Disinfected plastic soda bottles, glass canning jars, and juice bottles can be used to store water for drinking and cooking.
For further information regarding the Holy Week water service interruption, affected customers may call the Maynilad Hotline 1626.
The volume of water delivered by Manila Water Company to customers in the east zone concession area declined by 2 percent in the first six months because of the water supply shortage caused by the mild El Niño dry spell. “Billed volume ...
The Metropolitan Manila Development Authority announced the closure of Araneta-Aurora intersection in Manila starting August 15 (Thursday) from 11 pm to 5 am for 7 consecutive nights. This is to give way to the launching of girder for the Skyway Sta...
The Metropolitan Manila Development Authority (MMDA) pland to extend better benefits and incentives to its employees, especially its job order (JO) personnel, many of whom have remained in their positions for more than a decade due to the l...
Bilang pagdiriwang ng Linggo ng Kabataan, idinaos ang Hataw Sayaw Kabataan na dinaluhan ng iba't-ibang talented dance groups sa lungsod. Isinagawa ang dance battle noong Agosto 15 sa Ayala Malls South Park, Alabang sa pamamagitan ng Youth Affair...
The Philippine National Police (PNP) saod it will reinforce cyber-patrolling to curb illegal and terrorism-related activities online. Brig. Gen. Dennis Agustin, PNP Anti-Cybercrime Group (ACG) director, said this measure includes thorough ...
As the Philippines’ first visual arts fair, ManilART is gearing up once more to demonstrate the world-class talent, skill, and vision of Filipino artists at SMX Aura, Taguig City from October 9 to 13. ManilART is a flagship project of the Nati...